Son of a Son of a Sailor Tour ‘18

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Finnsaremorefun
Havana Daydreamin'
Number of Concerts: 14

Son of a Son of a Sailor Tour ‘18

Post by Finnsaremorefun »

Looking at the Wrigley Field announcement graphic, it says “Son of a Son of a Sailor ‘18” with no mention of IDK. So, it looks like we have a new tour (name at least) after all.
Got a carribean soul I can barely control
daddymention
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: Tryin' to Reason With Hurricane Season & Cowboy in the Jungle
Number of Concerts: 31
Favorite Boat Drink: Pizza Port Carlsbad- Poor Man's IPA & Zombies

Re: Son of a Son of a Sailor Tour ‘18

Post by daddymention »

I was thinking...

It's a step up from IDK, I guess. The 40th anniversary of Son of A Son of A Sailor. He needs to hire a better graphic artist....his photo-shopped advertisements are terrible. He'll start the tour singing songs from the record, then forget about them halfway through. Sounds very familiar. Jimmy does what he wants these days. I enjoy his facebook posts more than anything else...more exciting than the dialed in shows. Boz Scaggs opening for him at Wrigley? Might as well have Tony Orlando open a few too...or Neil Sedaka. That's enough negativity for one evening. I still love Jimmy and will stay on board for however long it goes.
1ST CONCERT: SAT. AUG 6, 1988 - PACIFIC AMPHITHEATRE, COSTA MESA, CA - LOGE 11 SEC 2 ROW U SEAT 42 $20.35
SHOWS: DAVID-31, STEFANIA-27, SHANE-11, EMMA KATE-7
PARROT HEAD SINCE 1984
dnw
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by dnw »

I like Son of a Son of a Sailor Tour name! :D

Debbie
FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: LivingstonsGone2TX MeetMeinMemphis Winoandiknow CowboyIntheJungle
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Ice Cold Loaded Landshark

Post by FinsUp6835 »

"Son of a Son of a Sailor"
"Fool Button"
"The Last Line" (Keith Sykes)
"Livingston Saturday Night"
"Cheeseburger in Paradise"
"Coast of Marseilles" (Keith Sykes)
"Cowboy in the Jungle"
"Mañana" –
"African Friend"

Would love to hear all of these except Fool Button [smilie=cheeky-grin.gif] :pirate:
"Tragedies very often become comedies, and they better become comedies real fast or else you're in a lot of trouble..." - Jimmy, 1978.
TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

daddymention wrote: January 31, 2018 12:40 am I was thinking...

It's a step up from IDK, I guess. The 40th anniversary of Son of A Son of A Sailor. He needs to hire a better graphic artist....his photo-shopped advertisements are terrible. He'll start the tour singing songs from the record, then forget about them halfway through. Sounds very familiar. Jimmy does what he wants these days. I enjoy his facebook posts more than anything else...more exciting than the dialed in shows. Boz Scaggs opening for him at Wrigley? Might as well have Tony Orlando open a few too...or Neil Sedaka. That's enough negativity for one evening. I still love Jimmy and will stay on board for however long it goes.
Boz Scaggs is pretty good live , i saw him , at a theater i work in ,here in CT.
tropicalmindset
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH, Island, Boat Drinks, Growing Older, Bama Breeze, Last Mango
Number of Concerts: 9
Favorite Boat Drink: Jack with a splash of coke

Post by tropicalmindset »

I'd love to hear Cowboy in the Jungle!

Heard Manana a couple of years ago at Alpine, but wouldn't mind it again
2012 - Chicago (Tinley Park)
2013 - Alpine Valley
2014 - Alpine Valley
2015 - Alpine Valley
2016 - Alpine Valley
2017 - Chicago (Wrigley Field)
2018 - Chicago (Wrigley Field)
2019 - Alpine Valley
2022 - Alpine Valley
Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

:D
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

TommyBahama wrote: January 31, 2018 9:12 am

Boz Scaggs is pretty good live , i saw him , at a theater i work in ,here in CT.
Boz is a curious choice. Not sure how he'll translate in a stadium. But I agree, he puts on a great show in the sheds. Never realized he could jam on the guitar. Comparisons to Sedaka & Tony O????
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

Dr.Corona wrote: January 31, 2018 6:07 pm

Boz is a curious choice. Not sure how he'll translate in a stadium. But I agree, he puts on a great show in the sheds. Never realized he could jam on the guitar. Comparisons to Sedaka & Tony O????
I liked Sedaka back in the days.
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

TommyBahama wrote: February 1, 2018 7:30 am
Dr.Corona wrote: January 31, 2018 6:07 pm

I liked Sedaka back in the days.
60's Sedaka or 70's Sedaka?? :lol: Nothing wrong with Sedaka. Just a different style than Boz........
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
boatdrinks84
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: They Don't Dance Like Carmen No More
Number of Concerts: 8
Favorite Boat Drink: Hurricane

Post by boatdrinks84 »

FinsUp6835 wrote: January 31, 2018 8:57 am "Son of a Son of a Sailor"
"Fool Button"
"The Last Line" (Keith Sykes)
"Livingston Saturday Night"
"Cheeseburger in Paradise"
"Coast of Marseilles" (Keith Sykes)
"Cowboy in the Jungle"
"Mañana" –
"African Friend"

Would love to hear all of these except Fool Button [smilie=cheeky-grin.gif] :pirate:
Don’t worry, I’m sure Son of a Son and Cheeseburger will count as the “tribute” to that album.

If all we got for Changes was an acoustic medley, we’ll just get the standards for Son of a Son.
RainTree
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: Depends on the mood
Number of Concerts: 2
Favorite Boat Drink: Bahama Mama

Post by RainTree »

Like the new tour name - hate the poster. Jimmy has aged - and does not try to hide what he looks like. So why use and old picture that makes him look like he is sucking in his stomach and doesn't have wrinkles in his smile? He's a fine looking 71 year old, and that smile and twinkle in his eye says it all.
wanderingtoes
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Favorite Buffett Song: When The Coast Is Clear
Number of Concerts: 29
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita

Post by wanderingtoes »

All great opinions for sure, for me, if the tour name was Beach Balls and BBQ, and Jimmy was performing then I am good with it. I like the new name, it has a nice ring to it, much better than Farewell Tour! In the news section it quoted Jimmy as saying his most difficult period of time was when he lost his Mom, Dad, and best Friend Ed Bradley. He went on to say, that he decided to keep on doing what he was doing, because that is what he thought they would want. I am good with that line of thought too, just keep on doing it!
"I've got a School Boy Heart"