2019 Son of A Son of A Sailor High Tide Tour Set list Tracker

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

atmarler26
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana and One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 1

Re: 2019 Son of A Son of A Sailor High Tide Tour Set list Tracker

Post by atmarler26 »

boatdrinks84 wrote: August 4, 2019 3:50 pm I’m pretty worn out of Love and Luck.
He is playing a show in September with the "luck of the Irish," so I'm guessing it will remain on most setlists including that one through the end of the tour. But I'm a little tired of it as well.

Also, it was great to hear him play "Another Saturday Night" at Great Woods- I'd been waiting for that for a while.
"The last time we played here in 2004 in September, the Red Sox won the World Series in October. I'm thinking the same thing this year, how 'bout you?" -Jimmy Buffett, 8/9/2018
urlcenter
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 6

Post by urlcenter »

Set list tracker is updated through the 8/10 Mansfield MA show
urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

Set list tracker is updated through the 10/12 Anaheim CA show
urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

Set list tracker is updated through the 10/16 Santa Barbara CA show
urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

Set list tracker is updated through the 10/19 LAs Vegas show
atmarler26
I have found me a home

Post by atmarler26 »

urlcenter wrote: June 5, 2019 4:36 pm
FinsUp6835 wrote: June 5, 2019 11:55 am I always thought “Treat Her Like a Lady” would be a nice fit on this tour
It has been 8 years since Jimmy has done that tune live so it is kind a due
It's also been a while since Surfing In A Hurricane was a regular fixture in the setlist. Maybe he's done it a few times since then but he hasn't played it regularly since 2009-early 2011.

When was the most recent time he played Desperation Samba live? I found a fair amount of live versions of it from the 2000-2010 decade on Jokelben, but almost none from this past decade.
Last edited by atmarler26 on January 27, 2020 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The last time we played here in 2004 in September, the Red Sox won the World Series in October. I'm thinking the same thing this year, how 'bout you?" -Jimmy Buffett, 8/9/2018
urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

atmarler26 wrote: January 15, 2020 2:25 pm
urlcenter wrote: June 5, 2019 4:36 pm
FinsUp6835 wrote: June 5, 2019 11:55 am I always thought “Treat Her Like a Lady” would be a nice fit on this tour
It has been 8 years since Jimmy has done that tune live so it is kind a due
It's also been a while since Surfing In A Hurricane was a regular fixture in the setlist. Maybe he's done it a few times since then but he hasn't played it regularly since around 2010-early 2011 if I recall correctly.

When was the most recent time he played Desperation Samba live? I found a fair amount of live versions of it from the 2000-2010 decade on Jokelben, but very few from this past decade.
The last time Desperation Samba was played was back in 2008
atmarler26
I have found me a home

Post by atmarler26 »

urlcenter wrote: January 15, 2020 5:05 pmThe last time Desperation Samba was played was back in 2008
Okay, so not at all since then....do you know where he played it in 2008? I remember he played it at Great Woods two years earlier, in 2006....

When was the last time When Salome Plays The Drum was played? Was it 2007? I know Live in Anguilla was 2007 and it's on that but was there a more recent time he played that one?
Last edited by atmarler26 on January 27, 2020 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

atmarler26 wrote: January 20, 2020 12:02 pm
urlcenter wrote: January 15, 2020 5:05 pmThe last time Desperation Samba was played was back in 2008
Wow, not at all since then....do you know where he played it in 2008? I remember he played it at Great Woods two years earlier, in 2006....

When was the last time When Salome Plays The Drum was played? Was it 2007? I know Live in Anguilla was 2007 and it's on that but was there a more recent time he played that one?
The last time that song was played live was 6/23/07 in Pittsburgh
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

atmarler26 wrote: January 20, 2020 12:02 pm
Wow, not at all since then....do you know where he played it in 2008? I remember he played it at Great Woods two years earlier, in 2006....

There is a series of links at the top of the page here at Buffett News. One of them says "Song Database." If you click on that, you can search for any song and it'll show you where and when that song was played. I'll give you a head start so you can find this information yourself next time you have a question about a song.

http://www.buffettnews.com/resources/songs/
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
atmarler26
I have found me a home

Post by atmarler26 »

LIPH wrote: January 20, 2020 12:50 pmThere is a series of links at the top of the page here at Buffett News. One of them says "Song Database." If you click on that, you can search for any song and it'll show you where and when that song was played. I'll give you a head start so you can find this information yourself next time you have a question about a song.

I had always seen when looking through the setlists over the years that if a song hadn't been played in a while it would be noted the date of when and where it was last played, but didn't realize there was a much easier way to find that out without going back and looking through all the setlists/Jokelben downloads. Really I was asking about those three songs that I knew were overdue just to get the discussion about them to resurface and keep the thread going, even though I probably could have found the info myself. I had a general idea of about how long it had been since they were last played, just wanted to make sure and double check that there weren't any live versions of them since then that I had missed when looking through Jokelben. That definitely makes it a lot faster and easier.
urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

atmarler26 wrote: January 21, 2020 1:15 pm
LIPH wrote: January 20, 2020 12:50 pmThere is a series of links at the top of the page here at Buffett News. One of them says "Song Database." If you click on that, you can search for any song and it'll show you where and when that song was played. I'll give you a head start so you can find this information yourself next time you have a question about a song.

I had always seen when looking through the setlists over the years that if a song hadn't been played in a while it would be noted the date of when and where it was last played, but didn't realize there was a much easier way to find that out without going back and looking through all the setlists/Jokelben downloads. Really I was asking about those three songs that I knew were overdue just to get the discussion about them to resurface and keep the thread going, even though I probably could have found the info myself. I had a general idea of about how long it had been since they were last played, just wanted to make sure and double check that there weren't any live versions of them since then that I had missed when looking through Jokelben. That definitely makes it a lot faster and easier.
A while back I posted a list of songs not played live listed by album:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=94625
atmarler26
I have found me a home

Post by atmarler26 »

urlcenter wrote: January 21, 2020 3:42 pmA while back I posted a list of songs not played live listed by album:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=94625
That thread I have seen/read before. It's interesting because there are some songs on that list that are real outliers in his catalogue and wouldn't really be suitable for live performance- like Caribbean Amphibian and Goodnight, Irene for example- and others that still would be. Even these days, his set lists do not consist entirely of the yellow album as "some people claim" and he is still willing to include some rarities occasionally, so it's definitely possible that one or two more songs could yet be crossed off that list between now and whenever he stops touring.