Thoughts on the Island Reserve clothing line?

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

SharkysMV1
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Number of Concerts: 9
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum & Tonic

Thoughts on the Island Reserve clothing line?

Post by SharkysMV1 »

I haven't seen a thread on this, and wanted to see if anyone has purchased any of the Island Reserve items from the Margaritaville Store site. It seems that over the past year or two, the clothing line is slowly departing from the JB/Margaritaville theme and looking toward the future with "Island Reserve" products. I totally get that, but I don't know...it's as if a new brand popped up without any explanation.

I miss the old A1A line of shirts that Savannah Jane was involved in designing, and the marlin tshirts that JB even wore on stage for a few years.

To me, Island Reserve looks like a weak attempt at capturing a piece of the Tommy Bahama market.
“Later down the road of life, I made the discovery that salt water was also good for the mental abrasions one inevitably acquires on land.” - JB, APLAFifty
FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: LivingstonsGone2TX MeetMeinMemphis Winoandiknow CowboyIntheJungle
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Ice Cold Loaded Landshark

Re: Thoughts on the Island Reserve clothing line?

Post by FinsUp6835 »

I bought one of the hats and really like it. I am super picky when it comes to hats and this one is very comfortable and pretty much my “daily” hat. I also ordered the long sleeve uv ray shirt for when I do long 10 mile plus paddle board adventures but it’s backordered! I also have the fin shoes which I really like as well.

Yes, I also miss the A1A shirts but I still have a couple and was lucky enough to snag some in my size on eBay. Those were definitely the coolest (IMO) and most comfortable by far. I am also a nerd for vintage type stuff like that especially when it comes to Jimmy stuff

I guess I give island reserve two fins up then 😆
"Tragedies very often become comedies, and they better become comedies real fast or else you're in a lot of trouble..." - Jimmy, 1978.
SharkysMV1
Number of Concerts: 9
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum & Tonic

Post by SharkysMV1 »

FinsUp6835 wrote: July 26, 2019 6:49 pm I bought one of the hats and really like it. I am super picky when it comes to hats and this one is very comfortable and pretty much my “daily” hat. I also ordered the long sleeve uv ray shirt for when I do long 10 mile plus paddle board adventures but it’s backordered! I also have the fin shoes which I really like as well.

Yes, I also miss the A1A shirts but I still have a couple and was lucky enough to snag some in my size on eBay. Those were definitely the coolest (IMO) and most comfortable by far. I am also a nerd for vintage type stuff like that especially when it comes to Jimmy stuff

Awesome, thanks for the input. I have been toying with the idea of ordering the Landshark UV Ray Shirt...is that the one you are waiting for? (also will be using it for paddleboard sessions)

Mind reporting back on the sizing once it arrives? Thanks!
“Later down the road of life, I made the discovery that salt water was also good for the mental abrasions one inevitably acquires on land.” - JB, APLAFifty
MDShark70
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 108
Favorite Boat Drink: The one in my hand
Location: Southeast of Disorder, Near the Port of Indecision, so you know, Maryland

Post by MDShark70 »

I really miss the days when each store had some of it's own "original" stuff too. It's almost like it's too cookie cutter anymore. And even when in Nashville I wasn't super impressed with the selection. The stuff sold at Sam's Club is so thin and cheap feeling I don't even bother with it.
It was too much tequila . . . . or not quite enough.
palmettopirate
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Favorite Buffett Song: Coast of Carolina
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: sweet tea

Post by palmettopirate »

MDShark70 wrote: July 31, 2019 11:12 am I really miss the days when each store had some of it's own "original" stuff too. It's almost like it's too cookie cutter anymore. And even when in Nashville I wasn't super impressed with the selection. The stuff sold at Sam's Club is so thin and cheap feeling I don't even bother with it.

That 's a fact about Sam's but at least they're inexpensive enough (about 10 bucks or so) to replace next year. There used to be some nice shirts in the Charleston store way back when it existed and there were some shirts that identified with the city but mine are all shot now. Of course there were the usual silly ones and then more subtle models were available. I do still have my To Chill front license plate on my truck. At the top in small print is the word license of course. But we're talking shirts here.
Last edited by palmettopirate on August 5, 2019 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Every day you wake up you get another chance to do it right.
FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: LivingstonsGone2TX MeetMeinMemphis Winoandiknow CowboyIntheJungle
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Ice Cold Loaded Landshark

Post by FinsUp6835 »

SharkysMV1 wrote: July 31, 2019 11:05 am
FinsUp6835 wrote: July 26, 2019 6:49 pm I bought one of the hats and really like it. I am super picky when it comes to hats and this one is very comfortable and pretty much my “daily” hat. I also ordered the long sleeve uv ray shirt for when I do long 10 mile plus paddle board adventures but it’s backordered! I also have the fin shoes which I really like as well.

Awesome, thanks for the input. I have been toying with the idea of ordering the Landshark UV Ray Shirt...is that the one you are waiting for? (also will be using it for paddleboard sessions)

Mind reporting back on the sizing once it arrives? Thanks!

No problem, dude. Still backordered. I’m a little hesitant about the size too. Not sure if I should go with a L or XL
"Tragedies very often become comedies, and they better become comedies real fast or else you're in a lot of trouble..." - Jimmy, 1978.
big john
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Oh just give me a beer

Post by big john »

Other than hats, nothing is ever in my size. :pirate:
Who's got the rum?