Do you ever hear Jimmy on the radio?

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

island_hopper
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Love and Luck/Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Liquid Marijuana...YUM!! Look it up!!

Post by island_hopper »

I live way out in the middle of nowhere so I get very few radion stations that come in only when I'm up higher in the mountains (like 3) and one of them is 103.5 (and s***, I can't even recall the name of the station :roll: ) Anyhoo, they play Come Monday and M'ville quite often. Then there's another station south of here KBOY 95.7 that plays back-to-back songs on the weekend and they'll usually play M'ville and Cheeseburger. Also, only 'till recently (like 2 weeks ago) did I start hearing 5 o'clock on the country stn. and now I've been hearing it at least one time a day, if not 2.

p.s. I drive around a lot for work btw :D
Air M'Ville Cap'n
Inactive User
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by Air M'Ville Cap'n »

I don't listen to radio much but every once and a while I hear Margaritaville, Changes in Lats Changes in Attitudes, Cheeseburger. Thats about it
mason
Hoot!

Post by mason »

check out www.kpig.com they show a list of buffett songs they play. they are in freedom, california, near santa cruz, but cannot be heard in san jose
kufx in san jose usually plays a concert version of m'ville, but i don't think i have heard much else, even though one of the dj's fancies herself a phan. i heard "volcano" in a furniture store the other day.

"listen to the stories i could tell"

viva las vegas

"no plane on sunday"
elderflowerapplejuice
I need two more boat drinks

Post by elderflowerapplejuice »

Believe it or not, but while my wife & I were vacationing in Germany we stopped at a very small supermarket in the middle of nowhere, they were playing Jimmy Buffett songs throughout the store, no body spoke english there so we just smiled and said you really never know where you'll find JB. Quite a funny experience on our trip, German parrotheads?
creeky
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration
Number of Concerts: 3
Favorite Boat Drink: non drinker ;o)

Post by creeky »

We have a couple of radio stations that play Come Monday or Margaritaville on the odd occasion - I hardly ever hear it, but people at work come and tell me they heard it on their way to work etc.

One station KOFM, used to broadcast over the internet and one of the DJ's played Buffett quite often. I had a couple of friends in the USA listening to the show via the internet.

I was at work one day and was a rare occassion where I was able to have the radio on and am listening to it , then the Dj's goes somewhere along the lines of

"We have people that listen to us all over. We have at the moment Brenda from Ocala Florida listening and she would like us to play a Jimmy Buffett song for her friend Jenny here in Newcastle who is also a parrothead"

He then went on to explain what a parrothead was, but I did not hear a lot of it as was too busy squealing to everyone what had just happened!

It was too cool - me sitting at my desk in Newcastle, and my friend at her home in Ocala, and we were both listening to the same song on the same radio show at opposite sides of the world.

The internet sure does make the world a much smaller place!
Just a parakeet
I have found me a home

Post by Just a parakeet »

Nuttin' in NJ/NYC. Occassionally, on a Wack-zane-tastic Friday morning radio show you'll get Margaritaville, but they're always blowing horns and p*** me off.

If it's out there, NJ/NY/Lehigh Valley, someone let me know.
Wrinkles only go where the smiles have been.

Do me a favor: Next time you want to wail about an avtar, PM the person who has so deeply offended you. Or just kiss my avtar.
12vmanRick
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Pacing the Cage
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum

Post by 12vmanRick »

YEP.. everytime he comes to town every radio station here in Atlanta that wants free tickets kisses his BUTT and plays him. IF you ever hear a Buffett song here in Atlanta outside that. One station plays one song a month maybe.
When they run you out of town make it look like you are leading the parade.
Cuervo
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: ACE
Favorite Boat Drink: Hurricanes

Post by Cuervo »

The country station here in MIA/FLL plays a few songs of of SYKBH
every once in a while ( once or twice a month )......... I've heard:

M'ville
Come Monday
Cheeseburger
SOSOAS
CILCIA
FINS
MOTM 2006
When did you get here?
Double shot of rum...
~~ Splash~~ of Coke,
4am, Green Parrot, I lost everyone....
The Curse continues

aquaholic
Under My Lone Palm

Post by aquaholic »

Never listen............always have a cd in, but only SYKBH..in ATL
MIAMI NATIVE
Everybodys Cousin n Miami
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Cuban Crime of Passion - subject to change without notice
Number of Concerts: 27
Favorite Boat Drink: Belly jello shots

Post by Everybodys Cousin n Miami »

elderflowerapplejuice wrote:Believe it or not, but while my wife & I were vacationing in Germany we stopped at a very small supermarket in the middle of nowhere, they were playing Jimmy Buffett songs throughout the store, no body spoke english there so we just smiled and said you really never know where you'll find JB. Quite a funny experience on our trip, German parrotheads?
Hmmmmmmmmm...smelll the sauerkraut beginning to boil
O2B that Honeysuckle Vine
Southeast of disorder

Post by O2B that Honeysuckle Vine »

12 lb. nestle crunch wrote:i heard one particular harbour in WALMART last week, hah!
Walmart...I never heard much JB music up here in the past. Now Walmart has a satellite audio system so ALL Walmarts across Canada and the US hear exactly the same music at exactly the same time in ALL stores. We now get LOTS of JB music!! I have heard One Particular Harbor, Jolly Man, Lat & Atts plus others that I can't remember off hand. :D

It still is a novelty to me to hear something other than Margaritaville which is the only JB song our local radio station seems to play :-?

Wanna go back down and a' get high by the sea there !!
Fragile Magic
Fruitcake

Post by Fragile Magic »

In Charlotte, NC our oldies station plays Margaritaville, Fins, Come Monday and CILCIA once in a while. One day in Food Lion, I heard JB's version of Mexico!!! i was amazed!!! But, not enough JB to suit me so I usually listen to cd's...
landshark391
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Death of an Unpopular Poet
Number of Concerts: 18
Favorite Boat Drink: Pina Colada

Post by landshark391 »

Other than the occasional sykbh stuff on the lite rock channel, there isnt a ton. The top rock channel here in Pittsburgh, 102.5 WDVE will play "Livingston Saturday Night" on the Electric Lunch hour. A funny story is a local Denny's style restaurant here , King's , has a tropical promotion and I heard Off to See the Lizard today--not your usual Buffett you hear..
Talk is cheap, it takes money to buy your freedom....
Cuervo
Favorite Buffett Song: ACE
Favorite Boat Drink: Hurricanes

Post by Cuervo »

I meant to post this earlier.......

I heard Fins on 99.9 in MIA/FLL around 2:00...... I guess since he has
a #2 country hit its appropriate to play certain songs now.... :roll:
MOTM 2006
When did you get here?
Double shot of rum...
~~ Splash~~ of Coke,
4am, Green Parrot, I lost everyone....
The Curse continues

The Lost Manatee
I Love the Now!

Jimmy Buffett on the radio

Post by The Lost Manatee »

KRCL, 90.9 plays a bit of Buffett during their Breakfast Jams 6am to 9am, M-Sa, as well as Saturdays from 9am to 1pm and Sundays between 10am and 6pm. It's a communtiy supported radio station with volunteer DJs and they play whatever they want so Jimmy gets a wee bit of airplay from them.

Otherwise you might hear Margaritaville, Cheeseburger or Come Monday once in a very rare while on some of the other stations in Salt Lake City, but it's rare.

My daughter says that on one of the epsidodes of Disney's Lizzie Mcquire they played some Buffett as background music. I don't know what song or for that matter what episode, guess I might have to find out someday.
Captain Jack's Bar & Grill, Home to the Lost Manatee.

Livin' and dyin' in 3/4 time.
LaTda
Inactive User

Post by LaTda »

NEVER :o EVER :o
I know there's others from my area here (VA Beach) Do you?
I'm kinda new to the area & haven't found a station yet..
If so gimme some #'s & call signs pleeeeeze :D
Sittin on the dock of the bay
pfopma
I have found me a home

Post by pfopma »

Just a parakeet wrote:Nuttin' in NJ/NYC. Occassionally, on a Wack-zane-tastic Friday morning radio show you'll get Margaritaville, but they're always blowing horns and p*** me off.

If it's out there, NJ/NY/Lehigh Valley, someone let me know.
I hear Margaritaville on 101 CBS FM in NY occasionally. On 95.5 WPLJ the morning show with Scott & Todd sometimes play Buffett as part of there Friday Morning Weekend Blast-Off. I've heard Fins, Sea Cruise, and Brown Eyed Girl (Tuesday, Thursdays and Saturdays version). Buffett has done a few radio call in interviews on the show and that is the ONLY time they play any new music he has out.

Pat
UAHparrothead
Number of Concerts: 3
Location: Standing at the fine line between Saturday night and Sunday morning.

Post by UAHparrothead »

I've heard Jimmy on our local country and soft rock stations. And I heard CILCIA in etierh Wal-Mart or Target. I can't remember which.
springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Post by springparrot »

O2B that Honeysuckle Vine wrote:
12 lb. nestle crunch wrote:i heard one particular harbour in WALMART last week, hah!
Walmart...I never heard much JB music up here in the past. Now Walmart has a satellite audio system so ALL Walmarts across Canada and the US hear exactly the same music at exactly the same time in ALL stores. We now get LOTS of JB music!! I have heard One Particular Harbor, Jolly Man, Lat & Atts plus others that I can't remember off hand. :D

It still is a novelty to me to hear something other than Margaritaville which is the only JB song our local radio station seems to play :-?
I'm in Walmart all the time and I've never heard a JB song played there, except a video in the electronics dept. once.
Wonder how come we don't get JB :cry:
Burny Charles
Spaminator

Post by Burny Charles »

Toledo's K 100 plays Buffett for their Friday special at 5:00 Last week they played "six string music", and of course "5 o'clock" followed it. In Millers supervalue I heard "mexico" also. I asked about it and they said they were hooked up to satelite like mentioned above.