Tips for getting tickets

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

Burny Charles
Spaminator
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by Burny Charles »

Man, thats quite an expense. Was payment required before or after the concert? :lol:

cowboyjunkie
Half-baked cookies in the oven

Re: Tips for getting tickets

Post by cowboyjunkie »

captain strongo wrote:Anyone want to share some of their secrets for getting through to ticketmaster before they sell out or is there a better place to buy tickets? Let me know because I got to make the Tampa show....nice rhyme
Create multiple accounts with TicketMaster and have multiple windows open on your PC. I usually use my mom and myself so I have double the power. Then, buy a set immedaitely as insurance but keep rejecting the second seats. After about 40 minutes, computer issues (or ignorance) wil cause some orders to get thrown out and the seats re-appear. I've landed some great seats using this method. Plus, you can always unload extras on this site.

Or, run a restaurant and ask Corona. That's even easier and you get better seats.

TikiTom
Fruitcake

Post by TikiTom »

OceanCityGirl wrote:My local venue is Camden which sells out really quick. I've had no luck for 2 years and refuse to spend the big bucks on ebay. The game plan this year is to have one person on pc and one person in line with a cell phone. We'll see who makes out first. If I got extras it would appear I'd have no problem getting rid of them. If somebody could tell me an out of the way ticketmaster in NJ or Pa if you can get them there I would make the drive even if it was up north. But it seems that when pholks get a good spot they want to keep it top secret.
I need to figure out how I'm getting tickets for Camden if he goes there... do they really sell out so fast?
Do you know how to find ticketmaster locations? I know there's this place called Boogie's Tickets in my downtown, but I don't know if its a ticket broker or a ticketmaster location. If I find anything out I'll let you know...
Wishin' every month of the year could be June

DeactiveCarib
I Love the Now!

Post by DeactiveCarib »

I'll call on the telephone if possible, and i'll be persistent, calm, and friendly . . .it seems to work generally.

SchoonerWharf
Gypsies in the palace
Favorite Buffett Song: Delaney Talks To Statues
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Loaded Landshark

Post by SchoonerWharf »

Call up ticket broker....ask them "what kind of seats can I get for $1500 a piece?"
Its never even close to that...lol. As I posted elsewhere last week, this madness and gnashing of teeth over trying to get through on the net or phone got very old so I don't even bother. Someone else mentioned EBAY and that also is a great option, but ticket brokers have huge variety of seats and prices. Its the only way to go.
Spending 24/7 in a Key West state of mind......

Dutch Harbor PH
Under My Lone Palm
Number of Concerts: 35
Favorite Boat Drink: GROG!!!!!
Location: Not the end of the earth, but on a clear day you can see it

Post by Dutch Harbor PH »

If there is more than 2 people inyour party and ypou have access to your companies T1 connections you get everybody you know at a workstation and as each person gets tickets you keep trading up until you get the ones you want....or can afford....when that doesn't work go on ebay....when that doesn't work go to the preparty.....when that doesn't work, befriend someone at the preparty and get then too drunk to stand.........and borrow their tickets
Attitude: The difference between ordeal and adventure
Scars are Tattoos with really good stories
No matter where ya go....There you are.
Come Back, Come Back.....to the South Bering Sea Islands....

Gulfbreeze
On a Salty Piece of Land
Number of Concerts: 8

Post by Gulfbreeze »

F5-F5-Hit redial-F5-F5-Hit redial....etc., etc., etc.,

ejr
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ejr »

If trying online, the tip about trying a little later is a good one-some credit card numbers always wind up being rejected and those tickets go back online.

If trying in person at a ticketmaster outlet-take as many people with you as possible (the scalpers in my area pay a bunch of teens and homeless to stand in line). When the tickets for the lottery are handed out, split up so you don't all have consecutive numbers (this is the most important thing as it will greatly increase your chances of getting tickets

captain strongo
Southeast of disorder

Post by captain strongo »

Does anyone know the ticket master # that is never busy?
"Clear skies, I'm bound for Shanghai, sailing across the ocean blue..........so blue"

comemonday
License to Chill
Number of Concerts: 25

Post by comemonday »

OceanCityGirl wrote:My local venue is Camden which sells out really quick. I've had no luck for 2 years and refuse to spend the big bucks on ebay. The game plan this year is to have one person on pc and one person in line with a cell phone. We'll see who makes out first. If I got extras it would appear I'd have no problem getting rid of them. If somebody could tell me an out of the way ticketmaster in NJ or Pa if you can get them there I would make the drive even if it was up north. But it seems that when pholks get a good spot they want to keep it top secret.
My sister was 2nd in line for Camden tickets and since the person in front of her was also buying KENNY CHESNEY tickets, Jimmy was sold out when it was her turn!! We had called ticketmaster before the sale, though, and our outlets (in Pittsburgh) weren't able to sell Camden tickets (and vice versa when Pittsburgh was on sale).

whataguydave
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by whataguydave »

The only advantage to high speed internet is that when you get that ugly message saying the TM server is busy, you can get back to the previous page quickly.

First tip, get your credit card information into the system before you attempt to make a purchase. There is a place you can Create an Account. You are not billed until you actually order tickets. When you do sign in, and uf you do manage to get a pair of tickets reserved, they are only on hold for you for two minutes. You don't want to spend that two minutes filling out all the billing information (credit card number, address, phone numbers, yadda yadda). Again, Create an Account beforehand.

Second, be on-line the minute the tickets go on sale. If it says 10:00, keep refreshing that page very few seconds. I've never seen them go on sale early, nor have I had to wait much past the sale time. When they say 10:00, they mean 10:00. By 10:01, there will be ten thousand others online at the same time.

Third, that two minute hold could be to your advantage. If it looks like the concert has sold out in the first minute, keep trying. Many times people screw up in getting that account information into the system and the tickets go up for grabs again. That's why you can click on Best Available and find nothing but Lawn tickets one minute, then a few minutes later there are seats available in the first few sections. You'd be surprised at what becomes available at 10:02 or 10:04.

Good Luck.