Radio Margaritaville on Sirius is a disappointment

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

lookingat40
I need two more boat drinks
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by lookingat40 »

Well...I guess you should always be careful for what you ask for or you just might get it...I wanted RM on Sirius and now I have it...the Vacation channel is a memory and too bad...I mean I get a steady diet of Lyle Lovett, Bonnie Raitt and Jackson Browne...????...Those guys already have 3 or 4 stations to hear them on Sirius...Yes, hearing 4 Buffett songs an hour is great...but give me back my Eric Stone, Gene Mitchell, Jim Morris, Latitude, Don Middlebrook, Sunny Jim, Sonny Russell and the rest...I heard Judy Collins this morning???...What the hell is that about??? Nothing against Judy Collins but I can hear her on easy listening...Island Attitude doesn't play much or very well on Radio Margaritiville. :( :(

Pencil Thin (inactive)
Inactive User

Post by Pencil Thin (inactive) »

Not sure what hours you have been listening, but I have heard a lot of Sunny Jim, Eric Stone & Gene Mitchell. I think there have obviously been some changes to the lineup, but all in all, it still is pretty damn good. :D

mauitim
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Livin' & Dying in .......
Number of Concerts: 128
Favorite Boat Drink: Lava Flow!!

Agree

Post by mauitim »

I wrote to Siruis last year requesting RM. I did not want them to replace the Vacation 97 format! Big bummer!

El mojito
License to Chill

Post by El mojito »

You should check this thread before you make any judgement call , also RM plays all and any type of music it's was based on old 60's FM pirate stations : KSAN
http://www.buffettnews.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=37130
"Life is just a tire swing" for Sophie
ImageImage

FinzEast
I gotta go where it's warm
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate Looks at 40
Number of Concerts: 14
Favorite Boat Drink: Pina Colida

Re: Agree

Post by FinzEast »

mauitim wrote:I wrote to Siruis last year requesting RM. I did not want them to replace the Vacation 97 format! Big bummer!
Maybe but i'm sure glad they got rid of all the Hawai'ian and steal drum music...97 played it WAY too often...
I know i don't get here quite often enough

crawfish
We are the People our Parents Warned us

Post by crawfish »

It totally sucks. I heard the Beach Boys more than i heard Buffett the other day. Why did the have to screw up R. M ?
It sounds worse than an AM station!
IT SIRIUSLY SUCKS! JIMMY SOLD OUT AGAIN! :cry: :-? :-? :( :(

ZeroDuval
<font color=blue>The Tiki Bar Is Open!!!</font>

Post by ZeroDuval »

Hooked mine up about 15 minutes before showtime...... sounded pretty goo and recorded well.... Now that the show is on it still sounds a little flat to me but not as bad as RM through the internet.

and not 1 drop...... YET!!!!
PHAW Webmistress wrote::( :( :( :( I've been banned from my own site :( :( :( :(Image

PHnSC
On a Salty Piece of Land
Number of Concerts: 32

Post by PHnSC »

I have no complaints with it. I listened for a few hours today and they were playing the same stuff they usually do. Lets not judge to early here, give it time. If anything the concerts sound a whole lot better.

UpstateNYPH
Behind Door #3

Post by UpstateNYPH »

lookingat40 wrote:Well...I guess you should always be careful for what you ask for or you just might get it...I wanted RM on Sirius and now I have it...the Vacation channel is a memory and too bad...I mean I get a steady diet of Lyle Lovett, Bonnie Raitt and Jackson Browne...????...Those guys already have 3 or 4 stations to hear them on Sirius...Yes, hearing 4 Buffett songs an hour is great...but give me back my Eric Stone, Gene Mitchell, Jim Morris, Latitude, Don Middlebrook, Sunny Jim, Sonny Russell and the rest...I heard Judy Collins this morning???...What the hell is that about??? Nothing against Judy Collins but I can hear her on easy listening...Island Attitude doesn't play much or very well on Radio Margaritiville. :( :(
I have heard all those on the Sirius RM station.
crawfish wrote:It totally sucks. I heard the Beach Boys more than i heard Buffett the other day. Why did the have to screw up R. M ?
It sounds worse than an AM station!
IT SIRIUSLY SUCKS! JIMMY SOLD OUT AGAIN! :cry: :-? :-? :( :(
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
~Mike

Want this badge?</div>

Pale Invader

Post by Pale Invader »

I thought that the format would be just transferred to the Sirius channel, but I don't hear the DJ's that were associated with RM anymore. This is just "Jack" with a tropical flavor. Bring back the previous format PLEASE!

Pale Invader
Pale invaders and tanned crusaders worshipping the sun, on the corner of Walk & Don't Walk, somewhere on U.S. 1

Key Lime Lee
Living My Life Like A Song

Post by Key Lime Lee »

Steve was the main deejay at RM and he's still there.... but of course he can't be on 24 hours a day, so they have to mix it up.
Eleven longhaired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus...

Pale Invader

Post by Pale Invader »

Key Lime Lee wrote:Steve was the main deejay at RM and he's still there.... but of course he can't be on 24 hours a day, so they have to mix it up.
Uh-huh, and how about Carson Cooper, Puntamaya Hour, Grateful Dead, Coral Reefers, Stories we could tell . . .?

PI
Pale invaders and tanned crusaders worshipping the sun, on the corner of Walk & Don't Walk, somewhere on U.S. 1

DonnaKayDunbar
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: Banana Republics & Migration
Number of Concerts: 5
Favorite Boat Drink: Dirty Hula Girl

Post by DonnaKayDunbar »

Give them a little time to figure out their niche in Sirius.... sometimes coming up with your format for a national broadcast can be a bit tricky, so ride it out for a while, and it'll most likely get better.

Key Lime Lee
Living My Life Like A Song

Post by Key Lime Lee »

Just takes time to work everything back in.
Eleven longhaired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus...

Pale Invader

Post by Pale Invader »

DonnaKayDunbar wrote:Give them a little time to figure out their niche in Sirius.... sometimes coming up with your format for a national broadcast can be a bit tricky, so ride it out for a while, and it'll most likely get better.

But wasn't RM on the internet a "national broadcast"?

I apparently don't accept "change" easily, and was quite happy with RM as it was. When it was announced that RM would also be available on Sirius, I thought it was going to be presented in the same format.

I heard, long before Sirius was involved, that RM was near the top in streaming broadcasts. And I have also heard, and believe in, this, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

PI

Monkey
We are the People our Parents Warned us

Post by Monkey »

The old show replayed 2 or 3 times each day, that won't work on something like sirius, they need have programming for the whole day.

So, they had to add a DJ, they had to add some content. I like it and I am sure like anything it will get better as they get things sorted.

Snowparrot
Under My Lone Palm
Number of Concerts: 14
Favorite Boat Drink: **Free**

Post by Snowparrot »

Well, I don't like it as much! :o I didn't mind the recycling programs: it meant that if I had to leave my computer and go and eat or work or sleep or whatever, I'd probably catch the same show later.
And the music is odd. And it keeps plugging itself, Sirius. And Canada's broadcast regulator has decided to let Sirius operate here, so I guess we're all just one market. Sorry, grumpy today: hoping the weather will get back to warm and sunny soon! :evil:

AlbatrossFlyer
Schoolboy heart & a license to fly

Post by AlbatrossFlyer »

carson is on maternity/paternity leave

I'd feel bad for you, but I have no soul.....

If you can't do it with brains, you won't do it with hours - Kelly Johnson

AlbatrossFlyer
Schoolboy heart & a license to fly

Post by AlbatrossFlyer »

Monkey wrote:The old show replayed 2 or 3 times each day, that won't work on something like sirius, they need have programming for the whole day.

So, they had to add a DJ, they had to add some content. I like it and I am sure like anything it will get better as they get things sorted.
before hitting the sirius airwaves steve talked about the sirius policy of not repeating content within 24 hours and how they still need to work the programming kinks out to fill a 24 hour window without repeating segments. unfortunately i liked the segments repeating over the course of the day since i'm 3 time zones off of ET.

I'd feel bad for you, but I have no soul.....

If you can't do it with brains, you won't do it with hours - Kelly Johnson

RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Glory Days
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark, and Margaritaville products...

Post by RinglingRingling »

Snowparrot wrote:Well, I don't like it as much! :o I didn't mind the recycling programs: it meant that if I had to leave my computer and go and eat or work or sleep or whatever, I'd probably catch the same show later.
And the music is odd. And it keeps plugging itself, Sirius. And Canada's broadcast regulator has decided to let Sirius operate here, so I guess we're all just one market. Sorry, grumpy today: hoping the weather will get back to warm and sunny soon! :evil:
No sleep. Stay up all day. all night. no sense in wasting that Sirius fee laying about and being a mattress muffin.. :D

and if you are truly in Canada, you know you get Summer, once, and hopefully it falls on the weekend. :D