Hurricane benefit show?

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

conched
Last Man Standing

Post by conched »

I had forgotten this story after Isabel about Jimmy sending his planes in with hurricane relief items.

http://www.lightkeepergallery.com/isabel/isabel.html

Tiki Bar
Thank God the Tiki Torch Still Shines
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour / Tin Cup Chalice medley!
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Friends don't let friends drink tequila! Beer me!

Post by Tiki Bar »

MikeInNOLA wrote:
phjim wrote:You can help victims of Hurricane Katrina by donating to one of these organizations:
American Red Cross
Network for Good
This website has alot of information and links: http://www.mirawebdesign.com/katrina.html
You’re still grinning, we’re still winning, nothing left to say
I’m still gliding as I go flying down this endless wave

RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Glory Days
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark, and Margaritaville products...

Post by RinglingRingling »

conched wrote:A little off topic, but I heard Aaron Neville on one of the news shows talk about getting his family out of New Orleans and he spoke of doing a benefit himself. He mentioned doing the NOAAHH Benefits he organized with Allen Toussaint in the past.
Aaron as one of the Reefers For the Night would be incredible...

GEED181
I need two more boat drinks

benefit

Post by GEED181 »

I didn't pay 3000.00 just to see Jimmy, It was my "business" contribution to help people I knew affected by the hurricanes.

RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Glory Days
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark, and Margaritaville products...

Re: benefit

Post by RinglingRingling »

GEED181 wrote:I didn't pay 3000.00 just to see Jimmy, It was my "business" contribution to help people I knew affected by the hurricanes.
not even going to ask.

UpstateNYPH
Behind Door #3

Post by UpstateNYPH »

I dont know if this has already been posted, but Margaritaville.com has already jumped into the relief effort. Check it out here: http://www.margaritaville.com/katrina/
~Mike

Want this badge?</div>

GEED181
I need two more boat drinks

HURRICANE BENEFIT

Post by GEED181 »

In the past, Jimmy has done small benefit concerts in West Palm on the beach at the Breakers to benefit his local charities. The first one benefited his kids school, The Academy of the Palm Beaches and tickets were 1000.00 each and only 500 were made available, which included dinner and Jimmy in the sand with the beach band for 2 1/2 hours. The next was a benefit for alzheimers after his dad died and was 750.00 each and 1000 tickets were available, dinner included. I was fortunate to be able to attend both and am spoiled now, plus, most of the money made its way directly to the charities. Jimmy is more approachable at these venues and even had audience participation on stage. Jimmy actually walked through the crowd after the first concert, as well as the rest of the band, so it was easy to get autographs and pictures. I was fortunate to spend a few hours with Utley the next day at the pool and get EVERYONES autograph and small talk....Don't pass on this if he decides to do it again...plus it is for a good cause...