Margaritaville Tequila

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

UpstateNYPH
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by UpstateNYPH »

tequilatom wrote:
UpstateNYPH wrote:Anyone know where you can get it in CT? Been trying to find it.... no luck
Most Liquor stores in CT have it!!What part of CT are you looking in?

not bad , not great but doable!!!
New Haven area, but I'm always all over the state
~Mike

Want this badge?</div>
RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Glory Days
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark, and Margaritaville products...

Post by RinglingRingling »

UpstateNYPH wrote:
tequilatom wrote:
UpstateNYPH wrote:Anyone know where you can get it in CT? Been trying to find it.... no luck

maybe if you drank less, you'd control your vehicle better? :D
AlbatrossFlyer
Schoolboy heart & a license to fly

Post by AlbatrossFlyer »

stuff's rotgut....

I'd feel bad for you, but I have no soul.....

If you can't do it with brains, you won't do it with hours - Kelly Johnson
UpstateNYPH
Behind Door #3

Post by UpstateNYPH »

RinglingRingling wrote:
UpstateNYPH wrote:
tequilatom wrote:

maybe if you drank less, you'd control your vehicle better? :D
LMAO :lol: :pirate:
~Mike

Want this badge?</div>
ragtopW
Last Man Standing

Post by ragtopW »

Even for the Non Tequila Drinker M-ville is Margarita mix only
well OK for a sunrise..

and for the BNer for the Best tequila ..(face on a milk carton)

Crabman.. :pirate:
On The Edge
Gypsies in the palace

Post by On The Edge »

BadHabitsAcctnt wrote:I have a tequila called Centenario, anyone ever heard of that and is it any good? I don't drink, it's only for guests.
Several Years ago Centenario put out an excellent Anejo reserve. Since then they have been riding the wave of that one good batch. Although Centenario is by no means a bad tequila, it is not worth the price.

Read the posts that Ringling poste on this thread, there is some good info and conversation between myself and some other tequila drinkers with good taste in tequila.

As for the tequilaplanet link, it is way outdated, and no where near covers what is out there. I don't agree with their ratings at all, and as stated, their information is years old ie: Porfidio is no longer produced, the company lost their license to produce tequila as they broke many of the government restrictions and regulations. Again, one good batch and the company tried to ride the wave, they broke the rules to meet demand, and the result was a Cr@py tequila in a fancy bottle. The company was dissolved.

As for Margaritaville tequila--- if your dog likes to drink your margaritas, use it to mix up a batch for the dog.
SailorDan
License to Chill

Post by SailorDan »

Not GOOD I remember hearing that Jimmy was putting out a Tequila. I was stoked. Figured it was on the line of Cabo or something. Maybe better. Then I tasted it :o :o :o :o :o ! No Bueno!! I keep hoping that all the bad press on the the rotgut will make them change it up a little. I own a bar and don't even carry it in stock because I like my customers to much 8)
Image Met up with a CHUM with a bottle of RUM... and wound up drinkin all night!
island_hopper
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Love and Luck/Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Liquid Marijuana...YUM!! Look it up!!

Post by island_hopper »

IMHO....I find it just merely OK......but only when mixed with something. I used it in my most recent Jello shotz and had no complaints in Portland about them..... :wench:
LUCKY LAROO

J B Tequila

Post by LUCKY LAROO »

nasty plain old nasty. Quervo is better. There are many Tequilas that are better for the price. :evil:
sonofabeach
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: La Vie Dansante
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Tecate

Post by sonofabeach »

tastes like Quervo to me.
I like the theory "if tequila taste good...it's no good"
"It's crazy and it's different, but it's really bein' free"
CaptainP
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 40
Favorite Boat Drink: Delicious Trappist Ales

Post by CaptainP »

I wouldn't call it Nasty, but it isn't the best. The gold is OK, but the white is not so great.

I like some of the flavors.
moeron
License to Chill
Favorite Buffett Song: Boat Drinks.
Number of Concerts: 26
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita's with good Tequila

Post by moeron »

My Wife and I are going to Cancun in Feb of 06. We always bring back a couple of bttls of Don Tacho teq. You can't get it in the USA, but it's fantastic. The anjeo is for sipping not shooting. Well worth thr price. About $75 us. We will also go to margaritaville while there. Thats if Cancun will be ready by then.
I'd rather die while I'm Living, Than live while I'm dead!
ImageImage
NorthernConch
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 14
Favorite Boat Drink: Hurricane

Post by NorthernConch »

UpstateNYPH wrote:
tequilatom wrote:

You can get it at Amity Wine & Spirits, i know for sure and im sure any of the better shops in downtown.
Jahfin
Inactive User

Post by Jahfin »

I've had the gold and the white on many occasions since they've been on the market and never had a problem. Then again, I was using them to mix margaritas, not doing shots (well, many anyway :wink: ). On the other hand, a friend wanted a shot a few summers ago. Took one shot and it made him sick right to start with because it was too sweet.
joe_pyrat
I have found me a home

Post by joe_pyrat »

Margaritaville tequila is your basic misto (mixto) tequila, 51% blue agave. From the standpoint of good sipping tequilas (100% agave) it is very lacking, however for making margaritas it suffices. I've got a bottle of both the gold and silver as well as one each of the flavored products, more as a collection than as something to drink. I do use the gold and silver when making margaritas though, using the perfect margarita recipe, and the gold when using the Margaritaville margarita mix, which I think is very good for a bottled margarita mix. I always thought it was kind of a waste to use a really good tequila in a margarita, although I have in the past. I would agree, though, it is disappointing that the Margaritaville name would not be used on a really quality tequila, very disappointing, in fact.

Not to hijack the thread, but I'd be interested in this groups thoughts on margarita mixes?
Joe Pyrat

ImageImage
SailorDan
License to Chill

Post by SailorDan »

joe_pyrat wrote:Margaritaville tequila is your basic misto (mixto) tequila, 51% blue agave. From the standpoint of good sipping tequilas (100% agave) it is very lacking, however for making margaritas it suffices. I've got a bottle of both the gold and silver as well as one each of the flavored products, more as a collection than as something to drink. I do use the gold and silver when making margaritas though, using the perfect margarita recipe, and the gold when using the Margaritaville margarita mix, which I think is very good for a bottled margarita mix. I always thought it was kind of a waste to use a really good tequila in a margarita, although I have in the past. I would agree, though, it is disappointing that the Margaritaville name would not be used on a really quality tequila, very disappointing, in fact.

Not to hijack the thread, but I'd be interested in this groups thoughts on margarita mixes?
Fresh lime juice with simple sugar mixed. 3 to 1. Grand Marnier if your rich. Patron has a Orange liquer that is inexpensive but really good... beats triple sec by a mile.
Image Met up with a CHUM with a bottle of RUM... and wound up drinkin all night!
joe_pyrat
I have found me a home

Post by joe_pyrat »

SailorDan wrote:
joe_pyrat wrote:Not to hijack the thread, but I'd be interested in this groups thoughts on margarita mixes?
Fresh lime juice with simple sugar mixed. 3 to 1. Grand Marnier if your rich. Patron has a Orange liquer that is inexpensive but really good... beats triple sec by a mile.
Hmmm, sounds interesting. :) I have seen the Patron Orange Liqueur, but haven't tried it yet. I'll give this a shot, thanks SailorDan. :)
Joe Pyrat

ImageImage
On The Edge
Gypsies in the palace

Post by On The Edge »

SailorDan wrote:
joe_pyrat wrote:Margaritaville tequila is your basic misto (mixto) tequila, 51% blue agave. From the standpoint of good sipping tequilas (100% agave) it is very lacking, however for making margaritas it suffices. I've got a bottle of both the gold and silver as well as one each of the flavored products, more as a collection than as something to drink. I do use the gold and silver when making margaritas though, using the perfect margarita recipe, and the gold when using the Margaritaville margarita mix, which I think is very good for a bottled margarita mix. I always thought it was kind of a waste to use a really good tequila in a margarita, although I have in the past. I would agree, though, it is disappointing that the Margaritaville name would not be used on a really quality tequila, very disappointing, in fact.

The Patron product is Citronage and is a very good Orange (Triple Sec) liquor.
joe_pyrat
I have found me a home

Post by joe_pyrat »

On The Edge wrote:The Patron product is Citronage and is a very good Orange (Triple Sec) liquor.
Ok, I'm on a Citronage quest!!! :D
Joe Pyrat

ImageImage