What are your top 5 Jimmy Buffett songs?

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

Indiana Jolly Mon
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Number of Concerts: 22
Favorite Boat Drink: Free and cold
Location: Don't know, and Ill be damned if im gonna ask for directions!

Post by Indiana Jolly Mon »

Nice catch Jahfin, I didnt know that. So now Ill agree with SGH and say it should be allowed :lol:
M.K. "You should never use any of the 13 bad words!"
S.T. "I thought there were only 7 bad words?"
M.K. "Not if you're a sailor."

Jahfin
Inactive User

Post by Jahfin »

Indiana Jolly Mon wrote:Nice catch Jahfin, I didnt know that. So now Ill agree with SGH and say it should be allowed :lol:
Actually she was saying songs of that nature shouldn't be allowed. At least as I understood it. If I understood her correctly, some songs are penned specifically for Buffett that no one else has recorded. She has a good point there but the person that started the thread said to leave out songs Buffett didn't write himself. Not to mention, this particular song doesn't fall into that category since Willis Alan Ramsay was the first one to record it. There's also a real nice version out there by mandolinist extraordinaire Sam Bush.

SchoolGirlHeart
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by SchoolGirlHeart »

Jahfin wrote:
Indiana Jolly Mon wrote:Nice catch Jahfin, I didnt know that. So now Ill agree with SGH and say it should be allowed :lol:
Actually she was saying songs of that nature shouldn't be allowed. At least as I understood it. If I understood her correctly, some songs are penned specifically for Buffett that no one else has recorded. She has a good point there but the person that started the thread said to leave out songs Buffett didn't write himself. Not to mention, this particular song doesn't fall into that category since Willis Alan Ramsay was the first one to record it. There's also a real nice version out there by mandolinist extraordinaire Sam Bush.
Jahfin is correct. This thread was definitely meant for songs that JB wrote (although I did interpret that to include cowrites). By the guidelines set forth for this thread, those songs JB didn't write shouldn't be included. The rest of my post wasn't about this thread in particular, but was an academic discussion about what constitutes a cover. :D

Larry? Anal retentive? Nahhh......... :lol: :lol:
Carry on as you know they would want you to do. ~~JB, dedication to Tim Russert

Take your time
Find your passion
Life goes on until it ends
Don’t stop living
Until then

~~Mac McAnally

Island_Lullaby
License to Chill
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by Island_Lullaby »

1. Distantly in Love (always #1)
2. Tryin' To Reason With Hurricane Season
3. Cowboy in the Jungle
4. Semi-True Stories
5. Lovely Cruise
"Seek the wisdom of the ages, but look at the world through the eyes of a child."...Ron Wild

ImageImage

jollymonsings
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: volcano
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: 7&7

Post by jollymonsings »

volcano
jolly mon
one particular harbor
trying to reason
gypsies in the palace

jonesbeach10
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Weather is Here Wish You Were Beautiful
Number of Concerts: 9
Location: Living with my feet in DC and my head in the cool blue north

Post by jonesbeach10 »

Since it has caused some confusion, you can count co-writes. I just didn't want to include songs like BEG and Southern Cross where they were already put out by someone else.

Sometimes more than others,
we see who and what and where we are,
I'm just a one man band,
With my feet in the sand,
Tonight I just need my guitar