Our discussion board has been updated to a newer version. If you have a problem with viewing try clearing your browser's cache and refresh.

Jimmy's coming back next year!!!

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

timmydahutt
Southeast of disorder
Posts: 72
Joined: July 31, 2005 12:00 am
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: Chicagoland
Contact:

Jimmy's coming back next year!!!

Post by timmydahutt » August 8, 2006 11:02 pm

He just said so at the end of the Indy show after Pirates. I'm sure many of you heard the same thing, but I was on here and thought I'd post it!!!
Just livin' my life like a song.......

SMLCHNG
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 174457
Joined: December 6, 2001 7:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice/Lovely Cruise
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum Runner
Location: Castle Rock, CO

Post by SMLCHNG » August 8, 2006 11:08 pm

Well, thank you for posting it. :) I'm not listening, and many others will appreciate it. :)

Quiet and Shy
On a Salty Piece of Land
Posts: 10648
Joined: September 22, 2004 12:16 am
Number of Concerts: 15
Location: Centennial, CO

Post by Quiet and Shy » August 9, 2006 3:57 pm

And then there was the local news station which chose to lead their concert story with "this may well have been Jimmy's last visit to Indiana" Apparently a fan made a comment pre-show and they led with that...and they didn't edit the story after he said "I'm not going anywhere. See you next year!" :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Reading departure signs in some big airport reminds me of the places I've been"

50 countries and territories, 46 states...so far

Hoosier PH
License to Chill
Posts: 1290
Joined: November 12, 2001 7:00 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: Home of Super Bowl 46
Contact:

Post by Hoosier PH » August 9, 2006 4:05 pm

Yes I did hear him say it!

Here is a link to the story that Allison mentioned.

http://www.wthr.com/Global/story.asp?S=5258099&nav=9Tai

"This may be the last year that Jimmy Buffett comes to Indiana period, let alone plays another concert. So we thought this may be the best bet."

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Posts: 62970
Joined: April 24, 2001 8:00 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH » August 10, 2006 9:57 am

Doesn't he say he'll be back at just about every show in just about every city? :lol:
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here

Left Field ParrotHead
Under My Lone Palm
Posts: 5441
Joined: May 12, 2005 1:31 am
Number of Concerts: 18
Favorite Boat Drink: Perfect Margarita from the M'ville in Las Vegas!!
Location: Across the street, having a beer with the neighbours

Post by Left Field ParrotHead » August 10, 2006 3:22 pm

For those of you that do not know this fact about Jimmy...

He lies.

He told us in Toronto in 2005 he would be back while still in his 50's. Anyone care to do the math on that...

He will be 60 this year and I still don't see a Canadian date on the tour schedule.

I still enjoy myself though, I don't let it bother me too much.
Dumb and drunk as I was, you know I would do it all again.

tryin' to reason
Hoot!
Posts: 2189
Joined: June 13, 2003 10:15 am
Number of Concerts: 25
Location: New Hampshire

Post by tryin' to reason » August 10, 2006 3:30 pm

You mean this really ISN'T the last tour????????????????

:lol: 8)
We'll party just like Bubba does,
We'll do the Old Man proud!

ToplessRideFL
Changing Channels
Posts: 17798
Joined: January 9, 2005 9:34 am
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: Phlocking with BN'rs in Tampa Bay!
Contact:

Post by ToplessRideFL » August 10, 2006 3:33 pm

LIPH wrote:Doesn't he say he'll be back at just about every show in just about every city? :lol:
yep :D
MOST VALUABLE PLAYER OF BN FEUD VII

tryin' to reason
Hoot!
Posts: 2189
Joined: June 13, 2003 10:15 am
Number of Concerts: 25
Location: New Hampshire

Post by tryin' to reason » August 10, 2006 3:50 pm

LIPH wrote:Doesn't he say he'll be back at just about every show in just about every city? :lol:
And he says every venue has the best tailgating,
but we know he REALLY means Great Woods !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why else would they call it "Great"??!!??

:wink: :pirate:
We'll party just like Bubba does,
We'll do the Old Man proud!

SharkOnLand
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Posts: 6665
Joined: January 2, 2006 7:34 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: Wishing I was somewhere other than here...

Post by SharkOnLand » August 10, 2006 4:12 pm

tryin' to reason wrote:
LIPH wrote:Doesn't he say he'll be back at just about every show in just about every city? :lol:
And he says every venue has the best tailgating,
but we know he REALLY means Great Woods !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why else would they call it "Great"??!!??

:wink: :pirate:
Because Good Wood sounds kinda dirty?
Image Image

tryin' to reason
Hoot!
Posts: 2189
Joined: June 13, 2003 10:15 am
Number of Concerts: 25
Location: New Hampshire

Post by tryin' to reason » August 10, 2006 4:24 pm

SharkOnLand wrote:
tryin' to reason wrote:
LIPH wrote:Doesn't he say he'll be back at just about every show in just about every city? :lol:
And he says every venue has the best tailgating,
but we know he REALLY means Great Woods !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why else would they call it "Great"??!!??

:wink: :pirate:
Because Good Wood sounds kinda dirty?
Sounds like you need a good spanking...!!
We'll party just like Bubba does,
We'll do the Old Man proud!

chippewa
On a Salty Piece of Land
Posts: 11221
Joined: January 10, 2006 2:44 pm
Location: In the cheap hotels and bars
Contact:

Post by chippewa » August 10, 2006 5:49 pm

Left Field ParrotHead wrote:For those of you that do not know this fact about Jimmy...

He lies.

He told us in Toronto in 2005 he would be back while still in his 50's. Anyone care to do the math on that...

He will be 60 this year and I still don't see a Canadian date on the tour schedule.

I still enjoy myself though, I don't let it bother me too much.
Some back-seat driver was telling me the same thing a couple of days ago. :wink: I told him Try Chill, the years not over yet.

He's coming to Detroit, you can see Canada from there...isn't that close enough?

Phinsup2!
I have found me a home
Posts: 134
Joined: July 22, 2004 7:50 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: Illinois

Post by Phinsup2! » August 15, 2006 2:37 pm

I don't care what anyone says...I choose to believe that he will be back next year at every venue he can. He says "See ya next year" (or something similar) at most shows, I guess, and he very well might just be trying to keep us guessing, or maybe even keep our hopes up. But in the end it is up to him (obviously). I will miss his show horribly, but remain grateful for the years he has given us. Personally, I hope he doesn't tell us ahead of time when he decides to stop. Can you imagine how tough it will be to get tickets if he announces at the end of one tour that the next will be his last? :o :x :( :evil:
Wrinkles only go where smiles have been.
What infinite wisdom...Thank you Jimmy!!!

ToplessRideFL
Changing Channels
Posts: 17798
Joined: January 9, 2005 9:34 am
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: Phlocking with BN'rs in Tampa Bay!
Contact:

Post by ToplessRideFL » August 15, 2006 3:10 pm

Phinsup2! wrote: Personally, I hope he doesn't tell us ahead of time when he decides to stop. Can you imagine how tough it will be to get tickets if he announces at the end of one tour that the next will be his last? :o :x :( :evil:
I agree!!!!
MOST VALUABLE PLAYER OF BN FEUD VII

VB for Buffett
I gotta go where it's warm
Posts: 653
Joined: January 31, 2004 4:22 pm
Number of Concerts: 3
Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia
Contact:

Post by VB for Buffett » August 15, 2006 3:26 pm

Left Field ParrotHead wrote:For those of you that do not know this fact about Jimmy...

He lies.

He told us in Toronto in 2005 he would be back while still in his 50's. Anyone care to do the math on that...

He will be 60 this year and I still don't see a Canadian date on the tour schedule.

I still enjoy myself though, I don't let it bother me too much.
He said the same thing 6 years ago in Virginia Beach...........and he has not been back...
We are the people our parents warned us about.
Image Image Image

beantownfan
Southeast of disorder
Posts: 98
Joined: August 5, 2004 10:38 am

Post by beantownfan » August 15, 2006 5:15 pm

well, remember in the late 80's...every year he said that he was taking next year off!!!!!!!!!!

The Lost Manatee
I Love the Now!
Posts: 1700
Joined: July 15, 2003 4:14 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: Salt Lake City

Post by The Lost Manatee » August 17, 2006 3:56 pm

He said that the last time he played Salt Lake City back in 1992 and I'm still waiting! :pirate:
Captain Jack's Bar & Grill, Home to the Lost Manatee.

Livin' and dyin' in 3/4 time.

CapnK
Hoot!
Posts: 2011
Joined: July 6, 2006 8:48 am
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: West Palm Beach

Post by CapnK » August 17, 2006 5:26 pm

I'd go see him even if they had to roll him out in a wheelchair.
Telling myself the same lies that I told myself back home

jonesbeach10
Here We Are
Posts: 9835
Joined: March 24, 2005 10:22 am
Favorite Buffett Song: Weather is Here Wish You Were Beautiful
Number of Concerts: 9
Location: Living with my feet in DC and my head in the cool blue north

Post by jonesbeach10 » August 17, 2006 5:35 pm

Trying to make sense of all these "I'll be back next year" quotes, I've tried to rationalize it and here's what I came up with:

Jimmy has such a great time on stage, interacting with the crowd, etc. that he would LOVE to come back next year, and in the moment he says he'll be back. However, when he's planning shows the logistics in getting back to the venue or city don't work out. Another possibility I've thought of is that the venue doesn't want Jimmy back because of tailgating, and the headache it could cause for the venue.


So I'm going to be naive and say if it was up to Jimmy and it was a perfect world, he would always be back next year. :D

Sometimes more than others,
we see who and what and where we are,
I'm just a one man band,
With my feet in the sand,
Tonight I just need my guitar

FINSUPinIdaho
License to Chill
Posts: 1238
Joined: March 5, 2003 12:17 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: APLA40
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: Why, you buying???
Location: Boise, Idaho

Post by FINSUPinIdaho » August 17, 2006 5:38 pm

Similar when you say" I promise I will call you..."

Post Reply