Landshark only FL?

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Philly Land Shark
I have found me a home
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by Philly Land Shark »

I liked it!
saltshaker1
Inactive User

Post by saltshaker1 »

i was looking on ebay and saw the empty landshark bottles for sale. anyway, this person talks about a "born on " date. where is that located? on the bottle or the carton?
THE ONLY GYPSY IN THE PALACE
Longboardn' ASEL&S
I Love the Now!

Post by Longboardn' ASEL&S »

I tried one just now at city walk without the lime, the second with. I was so happy to be here after the long drive that they both tasted O.K.
NorthernConch
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 14
Favorite Boat Drink: Hurricane

Post by NorthernConch »

saltshaker1 wrote:i was looking on ebay and saw the empty landshark bottles for sale. anyway, this person talks about a "born on " date. where is that located? on the bottle or the carton?
on the back label near the bar code. says like 021407

Donated a kidney - 12/7/06
Longboardn' ASEL&S
I Love the Now!

Post by Longboardn' ASEL&S »

I'm looking on the back near the code , it's there , white letters on a black band.
Who cares, I just noticed that there is a MI refund of 10 cents! Since I paid no deposit here in FL, and we head back a week from Sat, I see no reason not to drink as many as I possibly can while down here, since I will get $00.10 "cash back" for each one I consume.
Good thing we're drivin' the full-size van.
Didn't Newman and Kramer try that once?
Last edited by Longboardn' ASEL&S on February 15, 2007 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Migration Michelle
Behind Door #3

Post by Migration Michelle »

Saltshaker...

Do NOT buy an empty bottle...I have plenty I will send you for free!

Also, there is no date listed with "born on." It is just a plain boring date.

I can scan the six pack holder if you want....
LIBuffettFan
Havana Daydreamin'
Favorite Buffett Song: My favorites seem to change with the seasons
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: Some patron please

Post by LIBuffettFan »

job41475 wrote:
LIBuffettFan wrote:
bckohnen wrote:I did the same. Punched in my zip code, and came up with three gas stations and two spirits shops that were supposed to have Landshark. Now, being in the home of Frozen Tundra, I didn't get my hopes too up, but I drove out to check it out. Skipped the gas stations, but stopped at the first store. They'd never even heard of Landshark... asked if I meant Corona when I mentioned Jimmy Buffett. :-?

Moving on, I hit up the other store. Same story, never heard of it, but I got some hope there. A guy from the local Budweiser distributor was hanging out there. He said he'd heard that AB had drawn Jimmy away from Corona, and that they were working on a project that was in test markets now. Told me that as soon as it was available in WI, that store would have it.

Huzzah! Now those of us in Cold State, USA have to just hope it succeeds in Florida and Vegas.

I also dispatched an e-mail to Landshark asking how they'd determined what stores in each zip code were carrying the beer. Got a form mail back that didn't really answer the question. Oh well.
So I guess the website is jumping the gun hoping the test markets work out for them. I havent tried to get any yet, maybe this weekend [smilie=coolup.gif]
Hi LIBF What part of the Island are you from? I'm im westen Nassau
Southwest Suffolk here. I'm sure our paths may have crossed at some point in the Jones Beach parking lot at one of the shows..lol :pirate:
vagabonded
I gotta go where it's warm

Post by vagabonded »

Longboardn' ASEL&S wrote:I'm looking on the back near the code , it's there , white letters on a black band.
Who cares, I just noticed that there is a MI refund of 10 cents! Since I paid no deposit here in FL, and we head back a week from Sat, I see no reason not to drink as many as I possibly can while down here, since I will get $00.10 "cash back" for each one I consume.
lol. that they did.... in newmans mailtruck....

then they ended up chasing jerrys stolen car if i recall... and kramer dropped newman off on the side of the road....

good stuff good stuff.
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

NorthernConch wrote:
saltshaker1 wrote:i was looking on ebay and saw the empty landshark bottles for sale. anyway, this person talks about a "born on " date. where is that located? on the bottle or the carton?
I checked the 2 empty bottles I brought back from Florida - they say 29 Jan 07 than over to the right of that it says JA 75. I guess JA is for Jacksonville but I don't know what the 75 means.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
sonofabeach
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: La Vie Dansante
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Tecate

Post by sonofabeach »

I kept my first bottle. It says 04JAN07 JA69 on it.
It was born that day I guess..It only lived a few days. Poor thing :lol:
"It's crazy and it's different, but it's really bein' free"
RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Glory Days
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark, and Margaritaville products...

Post by RinglingRingling »

LIPH wrote:
NorthernConch wrote:
I checked the 2 empty bottles I brought back from Florida - they say 29 Jan 07 than over to the right of that it says JA 75. I guess JA is for Jacksonville but I don't know what the 75 means.
probably the line it came off of when bottled.
saltshaker1
Inactive User

Post by saltshaker1 »

thank you migration michelle. i had family bring in 2 6 packs to me last week. i kept one 6 pack unopened and drank and gave away some of the other. i just wish i had gotten more. i have a hook up in miami and thought about calling her. someone on here said we can't ship beer. this lady i know i married to some hot shot lawyer in miami. i figure she can get free advise before we get into trouble. :lol: nothing like free law advise before we go to the big house. :o
RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Glory Days
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark, and Margaritaville products...

Post by RinglingRingling »

saltshaker1 wrote:thank you migration michelle. i had family bring in 2 6 packs to me last week. i kept one 6 pack unopened and drank and gave away some of the other. i just wish i had gotten more. i have a hook up in miami and thought about calling her. someone on here said we can't ship beer. this lady i know i married to some hot shot lawyer in miami. i figure she can get free advise before we get into trouble. :lol: nothing like free law advise before we go to the big house. :o
I don't want to find out why they call it "the pokey", thanks..
saltshaker1
Inactive User

Post by saltshaker1 »

:o :o NO DOUBT!!! :lol: :lol:
Quiet and Shy
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by Quiet and Shy »

RinglingRingling wrote:
LIPH wrote:
NorthernConch wrote:
probably the line it came off of when bottled.
Lot or batch number would be my guess. That way if there are any quality issues (from taste to packaging, etc.) they can trace it back through the production process.
"Reading departure signs in some big airport reminds me of the places I've been"

50 countries and territories, 46 states...so far
Quiet and Shy
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by Quiet and Shy »

Longboardn' ASEL&S wrote:I'm looking on the back near the code , it's there , white letters on a black band.
That's a decent indicator they intend to distribute nationally...if their test markets go as expected....
"Reading departure signs in some big airport reminds me of the places I've been"

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

Quiet and Shy wrote:
That's a decent indicator they intend to distribute nationally...if their test markets go as expected....
Maybe it's just easier (and cheaper) to make a generic label, there are about 7 or 8 other states listed that have 5 cent deposits.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
Quiet and Shy
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by Quiet and Shy »

LIPH wrote:
Quiet and Shy wrote:
Maybe it's just easier (and cheaper) to make a generic label, there are about 7 or 8 other states listed that have 5 cent deposits.
I'm sure that's the case...they make one label that will work nationwide. I guess what I'm saying is this is a good indicator that they intend Landshark to be a nationwide vs. niche and regional brand. If the demand grows enough for them to add Landshark to multiple breweries/bottling plants, that's when you'd see more regional labels (based on the market served by each respective plant).

NorthernConch
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 14
Favorite Boat Drink: Hurricane

Post by NorthernConch »

i spoke with them this morning and they will be adding the tennessee market ( if they havent already) but other than that there is no info on a rollout.

Seems like it is still in testing mode.

Donated a kidney - 12/7/06
Migration Michelle
Behind Door #3

Post by Migration Michelle »

I'm doing my part to keep up the consumption of LandShark so they continuing distributing it for you guys! :pirate: