Buffett show or Key West?

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

chitownpirate
Gypsies in the palace
Number of Concerts: 28

Buffett show or Key West?

Post by chitownpirate »

A spur of the moment trip to Florida is leaving me with an interesting choice to make.
We're flying into Ft. Lauderdale to hang out with some friends on Wednesday and Jimmy's playing in Orlando Thursday night.
If we go to the show, it will be our first one outside of the Chicago/Wisconsin area. However, if we do go to the show, we won't have time to drive through the keys and stay in KW.

I'm leaning towards the Keys....what would you do?
Couldn't be me in the gorilla disguise.

RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Glory Days
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark, and Margaritaville products...

Re: Buffett show or Key West?

Post by RinglingRingling »

chitownpirate wrote:A spur of the moment trip to Florida is leaving me with an interesting choice to make.
We're flying into Ft. Lauderdale to hang out with some friends on Wednesday and Jimmy's playing in Orlando Thursday night.
If we go to the show, it will be our first one outside of the Chicago/Wisconsin area. However, if we do go to the show, we won't have time to drive through the keys and stay in KW.

take the trip down the road, it's a bit more interesting, and it should last more than 8 hours (if you include tailgate time for a concert)

bravedave
At the Bama Breeze

Post by bravedave »

WWJBD?

chitownpirate
Gypsies in the palace

Post by chitownpirate »

RinglingRingling wrote:
chitownpirate wrote:A spur of the moment trip to Florida is leaving me with an interesting choice to make.

take the trip down the road, it's a bit more interesting, and it should last more than 8 hours (if you include tailgate time for a concert)
That's what we're thinking....we've been to just over 20 shows and only 3-4 times to the keys-
can anyone confirm the Tiki Bar on Islamorada has been knocked down?

Tiki Bar
Thank God the Tiki Torch Still Shines
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour / Tin Cup Chalice medley!
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Friends don't let friends drink tequila! Beer me!

Post by Tiki Bar »

chitownpirate wrote:
RinglingRingling wrote:

That's what we're thinking....we've been to just over 20 shows and only 3-4 times to the keys-
But I got up again! :wink: [smilie=battingeyes.gif] :wench: :D

Geoff, I don't know what to tell you... other than I hope to see you there!
You’re still grinning, we’re still winning, nothing left to say
I’m still gliding as I go flying down this endless wave

BareFootBoy
We are the People our Parents Warned us

Post by BareFootBoy »

Chitownpirate, the answer is obvious, it's cold and snowing in Chicago today, I know I'm about 2 hours south of there, DO BOTH!!! Take time off, see Jimmy and then hit the Keys, it's the middle of winter in Chicago, get out of town!!!
Wrinkles only go where the smiles have been.

Tiki Bar

Post by Tiki Bar »

BareFootBoy wrote:It's the middle of winter in Chicago, get out of town!!!
I hear ya, brother! :wink: :wench:

chitownpirate
Gypsies in the palace

Post by chitownpirate »

BareFootBoy wrote:Chitownpirate, the answer is obvious, it's cold and snowing in Chicago today, I know I'm about 2 hours south of there, DO BOTH!!! Take time off, see Jimmy and then hit the Keys, it's the middle of winter in Chicago, get out of town!!!
not so fast!! the money spent will be about the same, but we don't have time for both-- what would you do, bfb? (are you in Bloomington/Normal?)

We just booked a room on Duval St---I'll have to wait for Alpine or Tinley to see the man.

RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Glory Days
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark, and Margaritaville products...

Post by RinglingRingling »

chitownpirate wrote:
BareFootBoy wrote:Chitownpirate, the answer is obvious, it's cold and snowing in Chicago today, I know I'm about 2 hours south of there, DO BOTH!!! Take time off, see Jimmy and then hit the Keys, it's the middle of winter in Chicago, get out of town!!!
not so fast!! the money spent will be about the same, but we don't have time for both-- what would you do, bfb? (are you in Bloomington/Normal?)

We just booked a room on Duval St---I'll have to wait for Alpine or Tinley to see the man.
LaTiDa? :)

BareFootBoy

Post by BareFootBoy »

chitownpirate wrote:

That's where I'm at. If I had to choose I'd do the Keys, but I would try to figure a way to do both. The main thing is to have a hell of a time no matter what you do!!

caly
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Come Monday
Number of Concerts: 16
Favorite Boat Drink: skinny pirate
Location: St. Thomas, but not the one in U.S.V.I....Canada!!!

Post by caly »

I only wish I had that dilemma. :cry:

ragtopW
Last Man Standing

Post by ragtopW »

caly wrote:

I only wish I had that dilemma. :cry:
me too..

LivingOutMy2ndChance
If we weren't all crazy ...
Favorite Buffett Song: That's What Livin' Is to Me
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: hmmmmm???

Post by LivingOutMy2ndChance »

Ditto. It's FREEZING in Georgia, for Heaven's sake!!
"Humor is an essential part of our existence" -JB

Tidal Pool Explorer
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Barometer soup, tonight I just need my guitar
Number of Concerts: 48
Favorite Boat Drink: Beer and rum drinks arrrrgh

Post by Tidal Pool Explorer »

chitownpirate wrote:

come on man be like us, we hit tinley, alpine, indy, cinci and were adding pitt to our stops this year too, follow my lead and get out of this tundra of a city.. haha... sweet home chicago
So bless me father yes I have sinned
Given the chance I’ll prob’ly do it again
I don’t need absolution just a simple solution, will do !!

The Bahg
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by The Bahg »

Watch the Wrigley DVD in the Keys. Since the late 90's the show is pretty much the same. You can't beat Key West in February. And yes, the Tiki Bar is a goner. I laid a wreath on my last visit....Head down about a mile on the other side of the island and there is a place called Lorelei. It is the next best thing with a fantastic view of the sunset. Also, they get manatees that swim up from time to time and they feed them lettuce from the docks.
Exit Stage Left

chitownpirate
Gypsies in the palace

Post by chitownpirate »

The Bahg wrote: And yes, the Tiki Bar is a goner. I laid a wreath on my last visit....Head down about a mile on the other side of the island and there is a place called Lorelei. It is the next best thing with a fantastic view of the sunset. Also, they get manatees that swim up from time to time and they feed them lettuce from the docks.
We were bummed to hear that- it was my wife and I's first trip together when we were dating and we carved our names in the bar.

We'll definitey check out Lorelei- it's further west?

TropicalTroubador
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: The one in front of me.

Post by TropicalTroubador »

chitownpirate wrote:
RinglingRingling wrote:

If you're talking Papa Joe's, yeah, it was closed and boarded up when I passed through last November. Sucks, really; I loved that place.

There are at least two or three other really good places to stop in the Middle Keys. Check Cap'n Ron's guide, pick another place, and you probably won't be disappointed.

But I'll always have a special place in my heart for Papa Joe's. :(

Loren
Living my life on Island Standard Time...
Island Standard Time - the new Trop Rock album from Loren Davidson - now available!

http://www.lorendavidson.com

Tiki Bar

Post by Tiki Bar »

chitownpirate wrote:
The Bahg wrote: And yes, the Tiki Bar is a goner. I laid a wreath on my last visit....Head down about a mile on the other side of the island and there is a place called Lorelei. It is the next best thing with a fantastic view of the sunset. Also, they get manatees that swim up from time to time and they feed them lettuce from the docks.
We were bummed to hear that- it was my wife and I's first trip together when we were dating and we carved our names in the bar.

We'll definitey check out Lorelei- it's further west?
It's right on the right, so yes, west! :D

http://www.loreleifloridakeys.com/

Tiki and the Tropical Homies visited Lorelei in June...

BareFootBoy

Post by BareFootBoy »

Tidal Pool Explorer wrote:
chitownpirate wrote:

come on man be like us, we hit tinley, alpine, indy, cinci and were adding pitt to our stops this year too, follow my lead and get out of this tundra of a city.. haha... sweet home chicago
TPE - You'll love Pittsburgh, I was there last year on my birthday. It's a great venue, the lawn is huge, good people too. We stayed at this Country Inn and Suites, it's about 15 minutes from the venue and they had the best Parrothead pool party the night before the concert. Here's a link http://travel.yahoo.com/p-hotel-391926- ... N0aXRsZQ--

Tidal Pool Explorer
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Barometer soup, tonight I just need my guitar
Number of Concerts: 48
Favorite Boat Drink: Beer and rum drinks arrrrgh

Post by Tidal Pool Explorer »

BareFootBoy wrote:
Tidal Pool Explorer wrote:
chitownpirate wrote:

TPE - You'll love Pittsburgh, I was there last year on my birthday. It's a great venue, the lawn is huge, good people too. We stayed at this Country Inn and Suites, it's about 15 minutes from the venue and they had the best Parrothead pool party the night before the concert. Here's a link http://travel.yahoo.com/p-hotel-391926- ... N0aXRsZQ--
Oh believe me i know.. my father lives 7 miles from what used to be the star lake ampitheater, i thinks its the post gazette now, i grew up in that area till my sophmore year in high school before makeing the windy city home.. i love that area, and the food in the city is great.. primanti sandwiches get craved.. hahaa.. cant wait to see how the dates fit in
So bless me father yes I have sinned
Given the chance I’ll prob’ly do it again
I don’t need absolution just a simple solution, will do !!