Anguilla Show on Radio Margaritaville?

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

drunkpirate66
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Anguilla Show on Radio Margaritaville?

Post by drunkpirate66 »

Some one around Buffettnews mentioned that the Anguilla Show will be made into a DVD which is very cool. I am, however, wondering, if the show will be broadcast live on Radio Margaritaville?

The reason for this is fairly simple . . . my wife doesn't know about my little Carribean excursion (yet) and if she sees me on the DVD then so be it; knowing my luck she will be able to pick my yells out of the 5,000 or so that will be on that beach and life will not be pleasant upon my arrival home. I atleast need a few month buffer Buffett period to enjoy those southern sea breezes.
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .

Catch&Release
Havana Daydreamin'
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by Catch&Release »

Dude,

this does not address your ultimate question, but you raised the point...

You are worried that your wife may hear you on Radio Margaritaville while you are on a stealth trip to Anguilla without her?

:o [smilie=blush.gif] :o
I don't want to live on that kind of island
No, I don't want to swim in a roped off sea.
Too much for me, too much for me
I've got to be where the wind and the water are free.

drunkpirate66

Post by drunkpirate66 »

Catch&Release wrote:Dude,

this does not address your ultimate question, but you raised the point...

You are worried that your wife may hear you on Radio Margaritaville while you are on a stealth trip to Anguilla without her?

:o [smilie=blush.gif] :o
I feel it is a legitimate concern . . . I have a very distinct yell.

~Hippolyte~
At the Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 22

Post by ~Hippolyte~ »

Don't worry about the DVD. It'll take YEARS to be released, if it comes out at all. Not that we want it to.

Besides, as Catch&Release said, you've got other things to think about.
Frisco Feeding Frenzies I-V (+16 other shows)

Catch&Release
Havana Daydreamin'

Post by Catch&Release »

Actually,

If your wife is that savvy, she could hear your screams and then contact a lawyer. That lawyer would then subpoena your passport to easily prove that you went to Anguilla without your wife. Upon service of the divorce papers, that would lead to a deposition of anyone who went on the trip with you to determine
(1.) whether any infidelity occurred
(2.) how much of your marital estate was spent on a secret trip to Anguilla

It would be quite damning, indeed, if, assuming that Mailboat Records got the DVD out before your divorce was concluded, you were prominently shown drunkenly cavorting with the (hopefully) scantilly clad female attendees. Assuming that you live in a state where fault (sometimes defined as debauchery) is taken into account in the splitting of marital estates, the Judge or Jury would likely be quite persuaded by the audio of you screaming drunkenly and/or the video of you frolicking in a coconunt bra with girls in bikinis at a concert that you did not tell your wife about because you wished to cavort like a drunken lecher (or pirate, as you indicate).

Though I am not your attorney and am not offering any specific legal advise, I would advise my own clients who might find themselves in your position to

(1.) Not go or invite your wife - that is if you want to avoid my $10,000 plus bill or avoid divesting yourself of AT LEAST half your assets.

Alternatively, if God himself is drawing you to Anguilla (the excuse I used to convince my fiancee that we BOTH need to attend the Anguilla show)
and you CANNOT resist (as I convinced my fiancee that it would be Parrothead Apostasy to resist God's pull)

(2) I would advise you to muffle your screams and stay out of camera view so that a pernicious lawyer such as myself cannot later impeach or malign you BECAUSE you were understandably compelled to attend that which would be unthinkable to NOT attend!

Anyway, at a minimum, you should feel obliged to buy me at least several Kaliks or Red Stripes (or whatever brew is served in AXA) for the above advice and based on the fact that your trip is costing you half as much as mine as you have the gonads to NOT bring your signif other... :D Consequences be damned! :pirate:

drunkpirate66

Post by drunkpirate66 »

Catch&Release wrote:Actually,

If your wife is that savvy, she could hear your screams and then contact a lawyer. That lawyer would then subpoena your passport to easily prove that you went to Anguilla without your wife. Upon service of the divorce papers, that would lead to a deposition of anyone who went on the trip with you to determine

It would be quite damning, indeed, if, assuming that Mailboat Records got the DVD out before your divorce was concluded, you were prominently shown drunkenly cavorting with the (hopefully) scantilly clad female attendees. Assuming that you live in a state where fault (sometimes defined as debauchery) is taken into account in the splitting of marital estates, the Judge or Jury would likely be quite persuaded by the audio of you screaming drunkenly and/or the video of you frolicking in a coconunt bra with girls in bikinis at a concert that you did not tell your wife about because you wished to cavort like a drunken lecher (or pirate, as you indicate).

Though I am not your attorney and am not offering any specific legal advise, I would advise my own clients who might find themselves in your position to

(1.) Not go or invite your wife - that is if you want to avoid my $10,000 plus bill or avoid divesting yourself of AT LEAST half your assets.

Alternatively, if God himself is drawing you to Anguilla (the excuse I used to convince my fiancee that we BOTH need to attend the Anguilla show)
and you CANNOT resist (as I convinced my fiancee that it would be Parrothead Apostasy to resist God's pull)

(2) I would advise you to muffle your screams and stay out of camera view so that a pernicious lawyer such as myself cannot later impeach or malign you BECAUSE you were understandably compelled to attend that which would be unthinkable to NOT attend!

Anyway, at a minimum, you should feel obliged to buy me at least several Kaliks or Red Stripes (or whatever brew is served in AXA) for the above advice and based on the fact that your trip is costing you half as much as mine as you have the gonads to NOT bring your signif other... :D Consequences be damned! :pirate:
Hilarious! I will supply the beer (and rum) and I will take the blaim if need be just for making me laugh out loud! That was awesome. Best post on Buffettnews in years . . . thank you.

On a side note, if it matters . . . my wife is actually quite attractive and fun to party with. She will be in New York City that weekend with some girl friends preparing for a wedding. I assume that means talking about colors and shoes for 72 hours. She was more than welcome to come. Her loss.

vagabonded
I gotta go where it's warm

Post by vagabonded »

drunkpirate66 wrote:
Catch&Release wrote:Actually,

Hilarious! I will supply the beer (and rum) and I will take the blaim if need be just for making me laugh out loud! That was awesome. Best post on Buffettnews in years . . . thank you.

On a side note, if it matters . . . my wife is actually quite attractive and fun to party with. She will be in New York City that weekend with some girl friends preparing for a wedding. I assume that means talking about colors and shoes for 72 hours. She was more than welcome to come. Her loss.
but she doesnt know youre going? howd ya work that one. should be an awesome time anyways!! im extremely jealous of everyone whos going!

Catch&Release
Havana Daydreamin'

Post by Catch&Release »

Drunken Pirate,

Her loss indeed! PHINS up! :D :D :D

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

drunkpirate66 wrote:On a side note, if it matters . . . my wife is actually quite attractive and fun to party with. She will be in New York City that weekend with some girl friends preparing for a wedding. I assume that means talking about colors and shoes for 72 hours. She was more than welcome to come. Her loss.
Well, I'm BN's resident hot old guy and I'm from NY. If you're going to be in Anguilla, ... :lol:
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here

drunkpirate66

Post by drunkpirate66 »

LIPH wrote:
drunkpirate66 wrote:On a side note, if it matters . . . my wife is actually quite attractive and fun to party with. She will be in New York City that weekend with some girl friends preparing for a wedding. I assume that means talking about colors and shoes for 72 hours. She was more than welcome to come. Her loss.
Well, I'm BN's resident hot old guy and I'm from NY. If you're going to be in Anguilla, ... :lol:

Knock yourself out . . . pm me and I will tell you where the are staying and partying. They are all under 30. One, not my wife, was a former model in college. My wife could still be (former Irish Step Dancer - Great Legs!).

If you contact me please be advised that you are subject to conversations lasting numerous hours about clothes, colors, shoes, perfume, how much guys s*** because we don't care about weight and other fun view points on life. They will each drink wine and get giggly (sp?) and probably go back to the hotel around 11PM to watch The Devil Wears Prada (for the 528th time). You will give foot rubs and pour wine and make runs to the store for chocalate.

Enjoy.

nutmeg
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Barefoot Children (this week)
Number of Concerts: 10

Post by nutmeg »

Ummm Just one question...since she's otherwise occupied and wouldn't want to go anyway, why not just tell her you're going?

That's kind of a big omission for any marriage to take. Should "God Forbid" anything happen to you (or her) while you are there she wouldn't even have a clue where you are or how to contact you.

Have a great time! Wish I was going too! But do consider letting her know....
Friends Walk Together in Life's Garden
ImageImageImage
http://heartofmichiganrescue.com/

MacPhin
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: Anything BUT Cheeseburger
Favorite Boat Drink: PainKiller

Post by MacPhin »

john,
all i can say is that i'm deeply disappointed in your lack of honesty with your wife. and you were amazed that dave and i have been together for 17 1/2 years... that is one BIG reason why.

not to mention that he can do his thing and i can do mine...within reason of course. :wink:

just tell her your going and deal with it.

see ya there.
Image Image
JB on Anguilla 3/24/07 St.Barth's 11/7/09

Lately,newspaper mentioned cheap airfare.
I've got to fly to Saint Somewhere.
I'm close to bodily harm.

PA PAR8 HED
Hoot!

Post by PA PAR8 HED »

Sounds like the wife will be otherwise occupied to listen to the show on RM. Keep the shouting to a minimum and you should be fine.

And while I appreciate the better to beg forgiveness than ask permission motto, you should come clean on this one. I don't think I could keep my mouth shut after a trip like that!
My biggest fear is that when I die, my wife will sell all my Buffett stuff for what I said I paid for it!

vagabonded
I gotta go where it's warm

Post by vagabonded »

LIPH wrote:
lemme know if you need backup larry! i frequent the city quite often. 8)

CaptainP
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 39
Favorite Boat Drink: Delicious Trappist Ales

Post by CaptainP »

Clearly, you are not worried about your wife reading the INTERNET!!

Pleasin & Teasin
Hoot!

Post by Pleasin & Teasin »

Catch&Release wrote: Anyway, at a minimum, you should feel obliged to buy me at least several Kaliks or Red Stripes (or whatever brew is served in AXA) for the above advice and based on the fact that your trip is costing you half as much as mine as you have the gonads to NOT bring your signif other... :D Consequences be damned! :pirate:
This is without doubt the funniest thing i have ever read on BuffettNews
:P :P

Good on ya!!!!

[smilie=hiya.gif] [smilie=hiya.gif] [smilie=hiya.gif] [smilie=hiya.gif] [smilie=hiya.gif]

Pleasin & Teasin
Hoot!

Post by Pleasin & Teasin »

Catch&Release wrote:Anyway, at a minimum, you should feel obliged to buy me at least several Kaliks or Red Stripes (or whatever brew is served in AXA) for the above advice and based on the fact that your trip is costing you half as much as mine as you have the gonads to NOT bring your signif other... :D Consequences be damned! :pirate:
This is without doubt the funniest thing i've read on Buffett News!! :P :P

Good on ya!!!
[smilie=hiya.gif] [smilie=hiya.gif] [smilie=hiya.gif]

drunkpirate66

Post by drunkpirate66 »

MacPhin wrote:john,
all i can say is that i'm deeply disappointed in your lack of honesty with your wife. and you were amazed that dave and i have been together for 17 1/2 years... that is one BIG reason why.

not to mention that he can do his thing and i can do mine...within reason of course. :wink:

just tell her your going and deal with it.

see ya there.
it was kind of a joke . . . I guess I should have emphasized "yet" more. She was rather regretful at dinner last night when my friends and I were planning the agenda for Anguilla. Currently (at 7:17 AM in the snow) she is working on gettting out of the wedding weekend in NYC . . . but I think she is stuck. Timing in life is everything.

Catch&Release
Havana Daydreamin'

Post by Catch&Release »

Drunk Pirate,

Your comment about "timing is everything" is 100% right. Good for both of you being able to have fun weekends. Absence makes teh heart grow fonder, n all that...

My fiancee and I will be at the Great House Fri and Sat night the weekend of the show. I'll be the tall fat one and she'll be the shorter (or to use the word that my sweet Erin prefers ... the "diminutive") blond with the guy who looks like he is too old, fat, bald for her...Though she claims I'm not!

Anyway, maybe we'll bump into each other for a beer.

Fins up.

drunkpirate66

Post by drunkpirate66 »

Catch&Release wrote:Drunk Pirate,

Your comment about "timing is everything" is 100% right. Good for both of you being able to have fun weekends. Absence makes teh heart grow fonder, n all that...

My fiancee and I will be at the Great House Fri and Sat night the weekend of the show. I'll be the tall fat one and she'll be the shorter (or to use the word that my sweet Erin prefers ... the "diminutive") blond with the guy who looks like he is too old, fat, bald for her...Though she claims I'm not!

Anyway, maybe we'll bump into each other for a beer.

Fins up.
it would be my pleasure!