Finally Saw Hoot was on HBO

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

SeattleParrotHead
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: Island, 12v Man
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: Mai Tais @ Dukes

Post by SeattleParrotHead »

It was a kids' movie .... and this 56 year old kid liked it!
ImageImage

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." ~ Oscar Wilde
SPH

ragtopW
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by ragtopW »

z-parrothead wrote:I think my family watched the movie in the exact way that JB intended it. For kids to be able to spend an evening with their parents without having to subject them to language or adult scenes.
It also put JB's music out to a young audience, and the results/profit from that may not be accounted for a few more years..so I think all-in-all it was a success for him..and the family.
The movie itself was very cheesy..but fun to spend the evening with the kids.
AND the movie industry had to account for my 4 tickets being purchased for a family film..so maybe it will prompt more in the future 8)
We will also most likely buy the dvd just to support JB..and place it in the JB collection.
I also love Floridays as a laid-back-wanting-to-go-to-florida-and-worship-the-sun song.
Well Said!!

I am single with no kids and I liked it. Maybe the
Bully getting His helped. Maybe the scenes of places I will
never see.. also I kind of like the song "Good Guys Win" 8) 8) 8)

aeroparrot
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 42

Post by aeroparrot »

I agree, a very good family movie. Also good for the kids to show them that they can make a difference.
If you want an experience, go to a Jimmy Buffett concert.

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Life is short, live long!!

I'd rather be a wiseass than a dumbass.

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

I thought it was a bad movie, the acting was average at best, except for Wondering Where The Lions Are the soundtrack was pretty much unlistenable and the message I got from it was vandalism is OK if you think it's for a good cause. One viewing at the free screening was enough. If I had paid to see it I would have wanted my money back.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here

ragtopW
Last Man Standing

Post by ragtopW »

LIPH wrote:I thought it was a bad movie, the acting was average at best, except for Wondering Where The Lions Are the soundtrack was pretty much unlistenable and the message I got from it was vandalism is OK if you think it's for a good cause. One viewing at the free screening was enough. If I had paid to see it I would have wanted my money back.

:D :lol: :lol: :lol: I have a funny story about that song to tell you in Houston..

Down around Biloxi
I have found me a home
Location: A picture's worth a thousand words just ask a camera man

Post by Down around Biloxi »

z-parrothead wrote: We will also most likely buy the dvd just to support JB..and place it in the JB collection.
Think about that….you mite be encouraging him to make another one just like it.
Take the kids to see or buy the Al Gore documentary. It will have a longer lasting effect on them about the future of our planet and maybe inspire them to make a difference.
Til I woke up dry beneath the African sky
Just me and my Swiss army knife.Image

z-parrothead
Gypsies in the palace

Post by z-parrothead »

Down around Biloxi wrote:
z-parrothead wrote: We will also most likely buy the dvd just to support JB..and place it in the JB collection.
Take the kids to see or buy the Al Gore documentary. It will have a longer lasting effect on them about the future of our planet and maybe inspire them to make a difference.
Oh, I think too many people take too many things too seriously. JB didnt commit a crime against nature by making this movie, and if little-ole-me can inspire him to make another movie, then God Bless me and JB!...now I am inspired to buy 2 dvds knowing that you will not buy your support copy.
I would have to buy into all of Al Gores crap to ever buy his dvd for me or my kids, so that most likely will never happen.
It got down to 22 degrees last night, and it was Easter Sunday..I'M COLD!...I'm kinda for global warming at the moment...in fact, every member of my family went out on the stoop and sprayed hairspray and oven cleaner straight up into the sky this morning in hopes it will warm up a degree or two (we were singing Floridays while doing it) :pirate:
<div align="center">Pursuing the dream of retiring on the East side of A1A

Image</div>

FINSUPinIdaho
License to Chill
Favorite Buffett Song: APLA40
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: Why, you buying???

Post by FINSUPinIdaho »

There are a lot worst movies around...Anyone see "The Lady in the water"? I could not stop watching (and laughing) because I wanted to see exactly how shi++y a movie could get. And, I dont think you could get much shi++ier than that one...GARBAGE

bkl63
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Funny

Post by bkl63 »

FINSUPinIdaho wrote:There are a lot worst movies around...Anyone see "The Lady in the water"? I could not stop watching (and laughing) because I wanted to see exactly how shitty a movie could get. And, I dont think you could get much shittier than that one...GARBAGE
I know what you mean, it wasn't an Oscar Winner by any means but it wasn't a horrible movie either. To me it was good clean family fun. I enjoyed the scenery around Boca Grande, FL plus it was fun seeing Buffett in the movie. It was exactly what I would have expected in this kind of a movie. I waited until it was on HBO and finally saw it. I applaud Jimmy for wanting to make a movie that he could take his family to.

cocotel
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration
Number of Concerts: 21

Post by cocotel »

Our girls really enjoyed it.
Compared to all that Hollywood is putting out these days, overall it was a good family movie.

ToplessRideFL
Changing Channels

Post by ToplessRideFL »

It was the same type of movie I enjoyed as a kid.... like an afterschool special for those of you who recall those....

It was simple.... but I must say I wasnt expecting an Oscar winner.

I have seen worse...... it beat Ricky Bobby IMHO or what ever that silly movie was called.
MOST VALUABLE PLAYER OF BN FEUD VII

Docktails at 5
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Woman Going Crazy On Caroline Street
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum & Soda

Post by Docktails at 5 »

I didn't think it was going to be an epic movie, and it wasn't. But it was a cute movie that I enjoyed. It's wasn't a life-changing movie for me, but who says it had to be. I just took it for what it was intended to be. A nice, enjoyable family movie.
Coast Of Carolina

CaptainP
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 39
Favorite Boat Drink: Delicious Trappist Ales

Post by CaptainP »

Don't go into these things expecting a GREAT CINEMATIC EXPERIENCE. Go into them hoping for a fun little family flick. If you do that, you'll enjoy life more.

People place too high of expectations on things, and PHs put WAY too high of expectations on anything that Jimmy does. That is why so many people are disappointed so often.

Make your expectations realistic, THEN decide if you are satisfied or disappointed.

citcat
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate Looks at 40
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: margarita

Post by citcat »

It was a little family film, yes, and visually BEAUTIFUL !!! ImageImage

And Wayne, I want to hear that story about the song at MOTM !!!!
Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege.

Dezdmona
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went To Paris
Number of Concerts: 33
Favorite Boat Drink: PharmAde

Post by Dezdmona »

CaptainP wrote:....PHs put WAY too high of expectations on anything that Jimmy does. That is why so many people are disappointed so often.

Make your expectations realistic, THEN decide if you are satisfied or disappointed.
Yep...My 8 y/o enjoyed it and left feeling like he might have a voice in a grown up world (which he makes known to me regularly).

If cynical adults got something out of it, that would be great, but I'm pretty sure the film was aimed primariy for kids...while they still have open minds.
Some people never find it, some only pretend
But me, I just want to live happily ever after every now and then.
Find me on: Facebook, Twitter, Blog

Down around Biloxi
I have found me a home
Location: A picture's worth a thousand words just ask a camera man

Post by Down around Biloxi »

z-parrothead wrote:
Down around Biloxi wrote:
Oh, I think too many people take too many things too seriously. JB didnt commit a crime against nature by making this movie, and if little-ole-me can inspire him to make another movie, then God Bless me and JB!...now I am inspired to buy 2 dvds knowing that you will not buy your support copy.
I would have to buy into all of Al Gores crap to ever buy his dvd for me or my kids, so that most likely will never happen.
It got down to 22 degrees last night, and it was Easter Sunday..I'M COLD!...I'm kinda for global warming at the moment...in fact, every member of my family went out on the stoop and sprayed hairspray and oven cleaner straight up into the sky this morning in hopes it will warm up a degree or two (we were singing Floridays while doing it) :pirate:
Waite a couple of months, you'll find it in the two dollar bin at the Walmart. Keep mine in plastic you mite get your money back ten years from now on eBay. :lol:
Til I woke up dry beneath the African sky
Just me and my Swiss army knife.Image

pojo
Changing Channels
Number of Concerts: 17

Post by pojo »

I'm big in the nature conservation and it was extremely fitting for those trying to save animals.

I liked it.

blackjacks wife
Hoot!

Post by blackjacks wife »

z-parrothead wrote:I would have to buy into all of Al Gores crap to ever buy his dvd for me or my kids, so that most likely will never happen.
LOLOLOL! I'm with you 100% Spritzzzz! Dang there goes another can of hairspray!

z-parrothead
Gypsies in the palace

Post by z-parrothead »

blackjacks wife wrote:
z-parrothead wrote:I would have to buy into all of Al Gores crap to ever buy his dvd for me or my kids, so that most likely will never happen.
LOLOLOL! I'm with you 100% Spritzzzz! Dang there goes another can of hairspray!
I'm starting the "Hairspray for Change" campaign
..if things go well, our 10 year anniversary slogan will read : "its not the humidity so much as the hairspray"
<div align="center">Pursuing the dream of retiring on the East side of A1A

Image</div>

pinacolada lover
License to Chill
Favorite Buffett Song: Too many to list!
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Don't Stop The Carnival

Post by pinacolada lover »

My kid and myself enjoyed the Hoot movie alot. I think it has a great environmental plot. And I also enjoyed the beach and water scenes as well. Makes me wish i could go to Florida just thinking about it.