More Sighting Of LandShark Lager Along The Grand Strand!!!!!

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

SouthernSeas
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Number of Concerts: 130
Favorite Boat Drink: Mojito

More Sighting Of LandShark Lager Along The Grand Strand!!!!!

Post by SouthernSeas »

Tonight I found LandShark Lager being served in a bar other than Margaritaville and Cheesburger In Paradise in Myrtle Beach!! Went out to eat with some friends at the Boathouse Bar tonight and I was able to order Jimmy's beer. For those of you who are Myrtle Beach - Impaired...the Boathouse bar sits along the intracoastal waterway right at the bridge on HWY 501.

I saw a group of people all drinking LandShark and I had asked the bartender what the deal was...that the beer really isn't widespread yet. He told me that more and more bars in Myrtle Beach are serving the beer...that it has become really popular in the area. I couldn't resist, and ordered a couple myself. How cool is that??

So far I have spotted LandShark Lager in quite a few places in Myrtle Beach. Of course, Margaritaville and Cheeseburger in Paradise, but also Greens Discount Beverages (along Kings HWY) and a gas station on HWY 544.

ALSO SOME NEWS::::::The Island Market in Sunset Beach, NC confirmed for me a couple weeks ago that they may be getting LandShark by mid-summer. It is so cool that this beer is getting all this attention. I wish Jimmy and Company the best of luck. I hope LandShark Lager becomes the next Corona.
Sunset Beach is my Margaritaville. Where there is endless beach, no time, and sunshine that seems to last forever. I know that Someday I Will.....Someday.

trojan_sixtyone
Havana Daydreamin'
Favorite Buffett Song: Coast of Carolina
Number of Concerts: 4
Favorite Boat Drink: Something Bourbon-y

Re: More Citings Of LandShark Lager Along The Grand Strand!!

Post by trojan_sixtyone »

SouthernSeas wrote:Tonight I found LandShark Lager being served in a bar other than Margaritaville and Cheesburger In Paradise in Myrtle Beach!! Went out to eat with some friends at the Boathouse Bar tonight and I was able to order Jimmy's beer. For those of you who are Myrtle Beach - Impaired...the Boathouse bar sits along the intracoastal waterway right at the bridge on HWY 501.

I saw a group of people all drinking LandShark and I had asked the bartender what the deal was...that the beer really isn't widespread yet. He told me that more and more bars in Myrtle Beach are serving the beer...that it has become really popular in the area. I couldn't resist, and ordered a couple myself. How cool is that??

So far I have spotted LandShark Lager in quite a few places in Myrtle Beach. Of course, Margaritaville and Cheeseburger in Paradise, but also Greens Discount Beverages (along Kings HWY) and a gas station on HWY 544.

ALSO SOME NEWS::::::The Island Market in Sunset Beach, NC confirmed for me a couple weeks ago that they may be getting LandShark by mid-summer. It is so cool that this beer is getting all this attention. I wish Jimmy and Company the best of luck. I hope LandShark Lager becomes the next Corona.
I hope it replaces Corona simply because if there has to be a crappy beer out there associated with beaches and palm trees, it should be Jimmy's crappy beach-associated beer. ;)
These moments we're left with, may we always remember, these moments are shared by few...

ToplessRideFL
Changing Channels
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by ToplessRideFL »

trojan_sixtyone wrote:
I hope it replaces Corona simply because if there has to be a crappy beer out there associated with beaches and palm trees, it should be Jimmy's crappy beach-associated beer. ;)
Now see... there is a way to say something not nice and not hurt anyones feelings! :wink: Nice one 61 8)
MOST VALUABLE PLAYER OF BN FEUD VII

PJ
Gypsies in the palace

Post by PJ »

My girlfirend in Mobile said she had seen it in several stores down there. I guess it is working its way west from the Fla panhandle as well.

I may have to head up to the north side of town to the CIP and see if they have one to sample.

trojan_sixtyone
Havana Daydreamin'
Favorite Buffett Song: Coast of Carolina
Number of Concerts: 4
Favorite Boat Drink: Something Bourbon-y

Post by trojan_sixtyone »

ToplessRideFL wrote:
trojan_sixtyone wrote:
Now see... there is a way to say something not nice and not hurt anyones feelings! :wink: Nice one 61 8)
Why thank you. I like to think I can be tactful (or even clever) when necessary. ;)
These moments we're left with, may we always remember, these moments are shared by few...

miphinz
Gypsies in the palace

Post by miphinz »

thats good to know that the boat house has LS. I can go by boat right up the intercoastal. thanks for the info
I know I dont get there often enough but god knows I surely try

ncdeb
I gotta go where it's warm

Post by ncdeb »

I bought it at Wal-mart in Myrtle Beach while I was there after Easter.

bearhawk

I had my first Landshark Lager this weekend

Post by bearhawk »

I was at Lake of the Ozarks (a very large, popular and busy lake in southern Missouri for those that aren't familiar) this weekend and there were Bud Light girls at a bar I was at who were walking around handing out what I thought were free Bud Lights in a bucket...imagine my suprise when they when they handed me a Landshark Lager.

Being a huge Buffett fan I couldn't believe it because I had read that Landshark was only being served at M'villes and other retailers in the South and Florida. I talked to the bartenders at the establishment and apparently Land Shark is being test marketed at the Lake of the Ozarks all summer long. Budweiser has test marketed other new brews at Lake of the Ozarks before so this makes sense, am just glad they're doing it with Landshark.

As far as the taste...I thought it was much better than Corona personally...I'm not a big fan of Corona, so I'll be drinking Landshark Lager all summer long when I'm at the lake!

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

I can't believe how many people rag on Corona but are willing to drink this. :o It's one of the worst beers I've ever had, I'll take Corona any day. If Jimmy Buffett wasn't involved, how many of you would go back for a second one after gagging on the first?
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here

okparrott
Southeast of disorder

Post by okparrott »

Great call LIPH - this stuff is not very good at all...all it is is glorified Budweiser...I didn't see a lot of people that were really impressed with it at the Dallas show...
I gotta go where it's warm

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

They were giving it away for free in the parking lot at the Orlando show in February. My favorite beer is cold, my second favorite is free. Even for free Landshark isn't worth the price. :lol:
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here

PJ
Gypsies in the palace

Post by PJ »

LIPH wrote:I can't believe how many people rag on Corona but are willing to drink this. :o It's one of the worst beers I've ever had, I'll take Corona any day. If Jimmy Buffett wasn't involved, how many of you would go back for a second one after gagging on the first?
I don't like Corona at all (just don't like the taste of it). Some people call me strange, but my three beer choices are my three B's - Bud, Bass and Boddingtons. I want to try LandShark, just to see what its like, but I don't want to buy a whole 6 pack or whatever in case I don't like it. I'm waiting until I can either get to LuLus or a Margaritaville Cafe and try one there and see what I think. If I like it I may buy more, if I don't, I won't touch it again. I'm not so Jimmy-fied that I'm going to drink a nasty beer just because it is a JB production.

blowinupinmissoula
I need two more boat drinks

Post by blowinupinmissoula »

LIPH wrote:I can't believe how many people rag on Corona but are willing to drink this. :o It's one of the worst beers I've ever had, I'll take Corona any day. If Jimmy Buffett wasn't involved, how many of you would go back for a second one after gagging on the first?
having never had it( its not anywhere near the northwest yet) i cant be the expert, but i think LIPH hit it right on the head. corona is terrible except for the persona it carries. if a beer is being brewed by bud, coors or any of those, its not gonna be that good. like said above, ive drank corona on many a dock, and around a few campfires. its never that good, but it tastes better on the dock b/c of the aura it has. from what ive heard landshark is the same thing. just because its jimmy doesnt mean its good(Dont Stop the Carnival :wink: )

give me any local missoula brew, or an alaskan-my days with empty beers are over :o
If I had it all to do over again, I'd just get myself drunk and I'd jump right back in...

Philly Land Shark
I have found me a home

Post by Philly Land Shark »

I actually like it
I gotta go where its warm...

<")
_(()____
.. ""\

Travis McGee
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: "Here We Are"
Number of Concerts: 108
Favorite Boat Drink: puilly-fuisse to round out the night

Post by Travis McGee »

My wife and I were in the Dixie Grill outside of Pearl Harbor 2 nights ago. She asked for a Corona and they told her they didn't have it but they had Land Shark Lager. Of course she ordered it. How it got out here, I'll never know, but I had my first sip of Land Shark at Pearl Harbor. Pretty cool.
Oh, yeah, we were also at Duke's on Sunday. This Hawai'i place, it's awesome.

bigredpirate
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: nautical wheelers
Number of Concerts: 43
Favorite Boat Drink: cold beer

Re: More Sighting Of LandShark Lager Along The Grand Strand!

Post by bigredpirate »

SouthernSeas wrote:Tonight I found LandShark Lager being served in a bar other than Margaritaville and Cheesburger In Paradise in Myrtle Beach!! Went out to eat with some friends at the Boathouse Bar tonight and I was able to order Jimmy's beer. For those of you who are Myrtle Beach - Impaired...the Boathouse bar sits along the intracoastal waterway right at the bridge on HWY 501.

thanks for the post! I have a buddy traveling to myrtle beach this weekend who has never tried it!
What would they do if made no landfall

bearhawk

Post by bearhawk »

I can't believe how many people rag on Corona but are willing to drink this.
I personally have never liked Corona. I think it has an awful after taste. I've always much prefered Dos Equis Lager to Corona.

I thought Landshark Lager was really good and I thought it tasted much better Corona.....but to each their own.

citcat
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate Looks at 40
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: margarita

Re: I had my first Landshark Lager this weekend

Post by citcat »

bearhawk wrote:I was at Lake of the Ozarks (a very large, popular and busy lake in southern Missouri for those that aren't familiar) this weekend and there were Bud Light girls at a bar I was at who were walking around handing out what I thought were free Bud Lights in a bucket...imagine my suprise when they when they handed me a Landshark Lager.

Being a huge Buffett fan I couldn't believe it because I had read that Landshark was only being served at M'villes and other retailers in the South and Florida. I talked to the bartenders at the establishment and apparently Land Shark is being test marketed at the Lake of the Ozarks all summer long. Budweiser has test marketed other new brews at Lake of the Ozarks before so this makes sense, am just glad they're doing it with Landshark.

As far as the taste...I thought it was much better than Corona personally...I'm not a big fan of Corona, so I'll be drinking Landshark Lager all summer long when I'm at the lake!
DADGUMMIT !!!! I was just there two weeks ago !!! Didn't even think to look for Landshark Lager. :x
Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege.

Migration Michelle
Behind Door #3

Post by Migration Michelle »

Philly Land Shark wrote:I actually like it
I actually LOVE it!! Just like anything, the more you drink of it, the more you get used to it. I should know!!

Anyway, after having had LandShark that Jimmy personally delivered on his plane to Anguilla, it tasted even better. 8)

sonofabeach
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: La Vie Dansante
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Tecate

Post by sonofabeach »

more of the same.
It's just a beer. It's not supposed to be earth shattering.
Being a fan of Mexcian beer, to me it tastes about like many Mexican beers, including SOL, Tecate, Dos Equis, Corona, Superior, Modelo.
There all so similar to me that it does not really matter.

Time to crack one open now.....
"It's crazy and it's different, but it's really bein' free"