3 Jimmy related facts from The Boathouse in Myrtle Beach

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

PhutureMD
I gotta go where it's warm
Favorite Buffett Song: Farside Of The World
Number of Concerts: 5
Favorite Boat Drink: Beer, Beer, and, um, Beer. And Appleton's!

3 Jimmy related facts from The Boathouse in Myrtle Beach

Post by PhutureMD »

Went to The Boathouse in Myrtle Beach last night, learned the following:

1. According to the bartender at the outdoor Tiki Bar, yesterday was the last day they would be selling LandShark. She said nobody was buying it and they ended up giving cases away to friends and family.

2. Since my girlfriend got cold, had to buy her a t-shirt. Didn't pay attention until she put it on, but on the back is the quote "Thank God the tiki bar is open! Jimmy Buffett" Thought that was pretty cool.

3. They are having a Summer Concert Series. The show on Sunday, July 1 is Fingers and KD Moore. Oh yeah, it's also free!!

Just thought I'd share. Peace.
Live. Love. Laugh. Repeat.

trojan_sixtyone
Havana Daydreamin'
Favorite Buffett Song: Coast of Carolina
Number of Concerts: 4
Favorite Boat Drink: Something Bourbon-y

Re: 3 Jimmy related facts from The Boathouse in Myrtle Beach

Post by trojan_sixtyone »

PhutureMD wrote:Went to The Boathouse in Myrtle Beach last night, learned the following:

1. According to the bartender at the outdoor Tiki Bar, yesterday was the last day they would be selling LandShark. She said nobody was buying it and they ended up giving cases away to friends and family.

2. Since my girlfriend got cold, had to buy her a t-shirt. Didn't pay attention until she put it on, but on the back is the quote "Thank God the tiki bar is open! Jimmy Buffett" Thought that was pretty cool.

3. They are having a Summer Concert Series. The show on Sunday, July 1 is Fingers and KD Moore. Oh yeah, it's also free!!

Just thought I'd share. Peace.
Love Fingers, but not a fan of KD. Bought "Live at the Tin Goose Saloon" from iTunes and could only tolerate listening to it once. I'm sure he's better live, because I've heard good things.
These moments we're left with, may we always remember, these moments are shared by few...

SouthernSeas
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Number of Concerts: 130
Favorite Boat Drink: Mojito

Post by SouthernSeas »

Doubt that they stopped serving LandShark. Have to go back and see for myself.
Sunset Beach is my Margaritaville. Where there is endless beach, no time, and sunshine that seems to last forever. I know that Someday I Will.....Someday.

Little Miss Magic's Mama
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: Lately it's "Tonight I Just Need My Guitar"
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: Pelligrino with a lime

Post by Little Miss Magic's Mama »

I'm going to be in Myrtle Beach starting on Saturday. I'll be sure to check out the Boathouse and will be looking for the missing Landshark! :o

Seriously, I'm gonna make my family and the other one from Canada hit not only Margaritaville but also CIP! ha ha!! I've already got the kids (ages 5 and 3) saying, "Daddy, we need to see Margaritaville and Jimmy Buffett!" :pirate:
With a little love and luck, we'll take the sky!

PA PAR8 HED
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by PA PAR8 HED »

Thank God the Tiki Bar Is Open is a John Hiatt song isn't it?

At least they spelled his name correctly!
My biggest fear is that when I die, my wife will sell all my Buffett stuff for what I said I paid for it!

Capt.Flock

Post by Capt.Flock »

PA PAR8 HED wrote:Thank God the Tiki Bar Is Open is a John Hiatt song isn't it?

At least they spelled his name correctly!
you are correct on both accounts
ImageImage Image

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

PhutureMD wrote:Went to The Boathouse in Myrtle Beach last night, learned the following:

1. According to the bartender at the outdoor Tiki Bar, yesterday was the last day they would be selling LandShark. She said nobody was buying it and they ended up giving cases away to friends and family. ...
People probably bought one to try it, found out how bad it was and didn't buy a second.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here

bigredpirate
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: nautical wheelers
Number of Concerts: 43
Favorite Boat Drink: cold beer

Post by bigredpirate »

LIPH wrote:

1. According to the bartender at the outdoor Tiki Bar, yesterday was the last day they would be selling LandShark. She said nobody was buying it and they ended up giving cases away to friends and family. ...
People probably bought one to try it, found out how bad it was and didn't buy a second.
I agree too. You will not see me buy it again either
What would they do if made no landfall

ncdeb

Post by ncdeb »

I'll be in Myrtle Beach starting Sunday! What are the other concert dates and groups? Where is the Boathouse? I don't know if I ever seen it.

PhutureMD
Favorite Buffett Song: Farside Of The World
Number of Concerts: 5
Favorite Boat Drink: Beer, Beer, and, um, Beer. And Appleton's!

Post by PhutureMD »

ncdeb wrote:I'll be in Myrtle Beach starting Sunday! What are the other concert dates and groups? Where is the Boathouse? I don't know if I ever seen it.
If you know how to use My Space (I don't), they have a page on there that should have all the acts listed. I can't remember any others off the top of my head. The Boathouse is on the waterway in the Fantasy Harbor area. Right next to the Holiday Inn. Also close by is the new Hard Rock Theme Park visitor center. From 501, you take the last exit before the waterway (heading into Myrtle Beach) or the first exit over the waterway (headed towards conway). It may be labeled Fantasy Harbor, I'm not sure.
Live. Love. Laugh. Repeat.

ncdeb

Post by ncdeb »

Ok, thanks! I can't check myspace at work but I'll have my daughter pull it up for me at home!

ncdeb

Post by ncdeb »

Oh I know where you're talking about now, where the outlets stores all use to be before new ones were built. There's also a circus show or something like that there. Thanks again, I'll check it out next week while we're there.