Meeting Jimmy!!

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

obxgirl
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Meeting Jimmy!!

Post by obxgirl »

Has anyone actually met Jimmy?? I was lucky enough to get on stage with him several years ago in Greensboro!! Got to shake his hand, got an autographed pic and enjoyed a Corona backstage!! Just wondering...I would just like to sit with him and buy him a beer!! What about you guys!!
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

I've had dinner with Heather Dee Perry. Who cares about meeting Jimmy. :lol:
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
flipflopgirl
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 53
Favorite Boat Drink: Z-Man's MANGO THINGIES!!!!!
Location: I have been promoted from John Frinzi's stalker to ROADIE!!!! :)

Post by flipflopgirl »

LIPH wrote:I've had dinner with Heather Dee Perry. Who cares about meeting Jimmy. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: that's becasue you are the H.O.G!
Image "While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats." Mark Twain
CaptainP
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 40
Favorite Boat Drink: Delicious Trappist Ales

Post by CaptainP »

Now that I have met Mac (last Friday), Jimmy is the only member of the current CRB that I have NOT met. :-?

I've also met TC, Amy, Heather, and Louisa (but not Jules).

And I fed Charleston
Last edited by CaptainP on July 31, 2007 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Triathlete-Parakeet2
Gypsies in the palace

Post by Triathlete-Parakeet2 »

Beleive it or not, I met Mack @ Charlotte last year. He was just standing near the celebrity entrance just chatting with people and I said "damn, thats Mac!!". Most people there didn't seem to know who he was.....

A friend of mine also said she met Jimmy @ MArg Orlando in April. Did anyone else have a similar experience.
12vmanRick
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Pacing the Cage
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum

Post by 12vmanRick »

I met them all but no stories to tell or rather none I am willing to share.
flipflopgirl
Last Man Standing

Post by flipflopgirl »

I met Jimmy at the Orlando Margaritaville in Feb the day after the Orlando show. Only got to talk to him for a minute and get his autograph but it was cool! 8) I have met Fingers and Doyle. I would really love to meet Robert! I love the way he plays the pans! :D
Image "While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats." Mark Twain
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

flipflopgirl wrote:I met Jimmy at the Orlando Margaritaville in Feb the day after the Orlando show. Only got to talk to him for a minute and get his autograph but it was cool! 8) I have met Fingers and Doyle. I would really love to meet Robert! I love the way he plays the pans! :D
Garry invited me along to have breakfast with him and Doyle the day after the Chicago show last year. Doyle's a really good guy. Garry asked him if he could send me a copy of the CD he had given Garry, I think it's out of print, and I asked him how much I owed him as I took my wallet out. He said not to worry about it, he was just glad someone still wanted to listen to it.

The closest I've come to meeting Jimmy was when I asked him to sign my ticket at the Paris show but "Jimmy, can you sign my ticket?" "Yeah, sure" isn't really meeting him.
flipflopgirl
Last Man Standing

Post by flipflopgirl »

LIPH wrote:
flipflopgirl wrote:I met Jimmy at the Orlando Margaritaville in Feb the day after the Orlando show. Only got to talk to him for a minute and get his autograph but it was cool! 8) I have met Fingers and Doyle. I would really love to meet Robert! I love the way he plays the pans! :D
Garry invited me along to have breakfast with him and Doyle the day after the Chicago show last year. Doyle's a really good guy. Garry asked him if he could send me a copy of the CD he had given Garry, I think it's out of print, and I asked him how much I owed him as I took my wallet out. He said not to worry about it, he was just glad someone still wanted to listen to it.

The closest I've come to meeting Jimmy was when I asked him to sign my ticket at the Paris show but "Jimmy, can you sign my ticket?" "Yeah, sure" isn't really meeting him.

Doyle is a really nice guy! I hope i get to meet him again! :D
rkoener
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Favorite Buffett Song: Captain and the Kid
Number of Concerts: 16
Favorite Boat Drink: Captain and Coke

Post by rkoener »

I was lucky enough to meet Doyle and Amy last year when they played with the Boat Drunks in Bloomington Illinois. They were both very nice. I had the opportunity to talk with Amy quite a bit. They both signed CD's for me. I would love to meet Jimmy though, that would be the ultimate.
Growing older but not up!
balcony girls

Re: Meeting Jimmy!!

Post by balcony girls »

obxgirl wrote:Has anyone actually met Jimmy?? I was lucky enough to get on stage with him several years ago in Greensboro!! Got to shake his hand, got an autographed pic and enjoyed a Corona backstage!! Just wondering...I would just like to sit with him and buy him a beer!! What about you guys!!
. .uh huh . . . 8)

. .and welcome to BN . .I'm BG. . nice to greet ya. . ! !

:wink:
. . " and I finally disappear . . . . BUT NOT YET ! ! "
kt_tampa
I have found me a home

Post by kt_tampa »

Never, but it's high up on the list of “things to do."

I sort of met Mac and Fingers some time back when they were putting on a show in Ybor City (Tampa) the night before Jimmy was playing the former Ice Palace in Tampa. But it was more like a close encounter than an actual meeting; a quick “how’s it going?” and an autograph.

Also got to meet "The Legend" Captain Tony at the same show, which was pretty cool.

I need to start working on a plan to get me close to him next time they are in town :D :D :D
12V MAN
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by 12V MAN »

Never met Jimmy, but last year at the Noblesville show, I got to meet and get a picture with Ralph MacDonald, Robert Greenidge, and Michael Utley. They were out walking around the crowd before the concert while a cover band was playing outside. They were very friendly and appreciative, except they wouldn't get me in backstage :-?
We Can All Laugh and We Are All Insane...
drunkpirate66
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Post by drunkpirate66 »

drink in the same bar atleast once a year . . . it gets rather predictable around here. No one really cares unless he plays . . . otherwise he is just a regular guy who tends to p*** alot - he must be getting old or something.
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .
pbans
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 9

Post by pbans »

who needs jimmy???
Paige in Utah
"Don't try to shake it, just nod your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on"
miphinz
Gypsies in the palace

Post by miphinz »

met him at margaritaville myrtle beach
I know I dont get there often enough but god knows I surely try
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

pbans wrote:who needs jimmy???
I agree (when I tried posting the image it was too large so I'm just posting the link)
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m95/ ... rLarry.jpg
PA PAR8 HED
Hoot!

Post by PA PAR8 HED »

I haven't met Jimmy yet...still waiting for that!

But I did meet Michael and Ralph at the M'ville in Orlando the day after the Tampa show a few years back. It was really more of a quick hello, but it counts in my book :D

As many BNers know, Jimmy played there that night, but I had a flight to catch. Would have been worth missing the plane (maybe be one come Monday) had I known! :(
My biggest fear is that when I die, my wife will sell all my Buffett stuff for what I said I paid for it!
Bob Roberts 1468
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: APLAF
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita on the rocks with salt (salt salt)

Post by Bob Roberts 1468 »

I have not, but I'd sure like to. I'm hoping to run into him at a blackjack table in Vegas... that would make my year.
Good times and riches and son of a bitches, I've seen more than I can recall
TropicalTroubador
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: The one in front of me.

Post by TropicalTroubador »

I haven't met Jimmy yet. I've met Doyle, Robert, "Fingers" Taylor, and Michael. I've got a nice picture of me and Michael around somewhere, and I've registered well enough with him that he recognizes me when we're in the same place. :)
Living my life on Island Standard Time...
Island Standard Time - the new Trop Rock album from Loren Davidson - now available!

http://www.lorendavidson.com