Buffett in Carolina

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

SouthernSeas
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Number of Concerts: 130
Favorite Boat Drink: Mojito

Buffett in Carolina

Post by SouthernSeas »

So why hasen't Jimmy scheduled a visit to Carolina this year? Could he be pulling the same stint he did with Florida last summer? Come to think of it, he did eventually play Florida last Fall or something like that.

Maybe it is a marketing ploy. He gets his big markets all hyped up before releasing the big tour dates, and when the gigs finally come out....Florida, the Carolinas, and Cali all get ripped (until late Fall that is..).

Watch out, Ohio....it is your turn to be absent from a tour (summer '08 perhaps). We figured it all out, Jimmy. Nice joke!
Sunset Beach is my Margaritaville. Where there is endless beach, no time, and sunshine that seems to last forever. I know that Someday I Will.....Someday.

ragtopW
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Re: Buffett in Carolina

Post by ragtopW »

SouthernSeas wrote:So why hasen't Jimmy scheduled a visit to Carolina this year? Could he be pulling the same stint he did with Florida last summer? Come to think of it, he did eventually play Florida last Fall or something like that.

Maybe it is a marketing ploy. He gets his big markets all hyped up before releasing the big tour dates, and when the gigs finally come out....Florida, the Carolinas, and Cali all get ripped (until late Fall that is..).

Watch out, Ohio....it is your turn to be absent from a tour (summer '08 perhaps). We figured it all out, Jimmy. Nice joke!
Karma is a Bi#$h wish bad on someone...

RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Glory Days
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark, and Margaritaville products...

Post by RinglingRingling »

SouthernSeas wrote:So why hasen't Jimmy scheduled a visit to Carolina this year? Could he be pulling the same stint he did with Florida last summer? Come to think of it, he did eventually play Florida last Fall or something like that.

While I won't say it can't happen, (alpine 2005...), somehow I doubt he is going to bag Cinci. But, hey.. if folks in NC/SC are all like you Southern, I can't imagine why he wouldn't want to come for a visit..

sunseeker
Woman going crazy on Caroline street
Favorite Buffett Song: one particular harbour
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: mojito

Post by sunseeker »

RinglingRingling wrote:

While I won't say it can't happen, (alpine 2005...), somehow I doubt he is going to bag Cinci. But, hey.. if folks in NC/SC are all like you Southern, I can't imagine why he wouldn't want to come for a visit..
:-? :roll: :-? yea.... yea...I'm sure the reason Jimmy isn't visiting NC is because we have a few sarcastic, dry humored, folks in the state....like you'd NEVER see that in Ohio.....
There's this one particular harbor.....

Sidew13
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Anything to put me in a Tropical frame of mind
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum and Rum and oh YES RUM

Post by Sidew13 »

sunseeker wrote:
RinglingRingling wrote:

:-? :roll: :-? yea.... yea...I'm sure the reason Jimmy isn't visiting NC is because we have a few sarcastic, dry humored, folks in the state....like you'd NEVER see that in Ohio.....
I don't see(or at least hope) this as a bad wish. I think it WAS(hope) a joke, just a friendly ribbing. :o :lol:

As long as we're on this subject, JIMMY PLEASE COME BACK :( !!!!!!!!
Trying to Take Another Road

Image Image

sunseeker

Post by sunseeker »

yea...I'm pretty sure he was making a joke Side...or....maybe....it is Jimmy himself.... :lol:

Triathlete-Parakeet2
Gypsies in the palace

Post by Triathlete-Parakeet2 »

Well, I certainly hope that you are right, even though i woulndt consider Charlotte to be on eof the "big" shows.

PackPhanGirl
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Survive
Number of Concerts: 13
Favorite Boat Drink: anything with RUM!

Post by PackPhanGirl »

OMG! As much as I'm dying for my NC Jimmy fix...hasn't this been beaten to death here? :roll:
Survive... stay alive
Till I see you again

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

Yes, but like with "I found Landshark Lager in ...", I guess you can never have too many threads about the same topic. :roll:
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here

RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing

sunseeker wrote:
RinglingRingling wrote:

never.

ever.

:D

RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing

LIPH wrote:Yes, but like with "I found Landshark Lager in ...", I guess you can never have too many threads about the same topic. :roll:
everyone thinks their thoughts are the first, totally-original ones on the topic...

sunseeker

Post by sunseeker »

RinglingRingling wrote:
sunseeker wrote:
RinglingRingling wrote:

never.

ever.

:D
:P

IrishPirate
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: CILCIA and far to many to mention here
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: margaritas, pina coladas, 7&7

Post by IrishPirate »

RinglingRingling wrote:
LIPH wrote:Yes, but like with "I found Landshark Lager in ...", I guess you can never have too many threads about the same topic. :roll:
everyone thinks their thoughts are the first, totally-original ones on the topic...

Maybe we should start a thread on how to navigate BN so we don't have repeat threads? :roll: Or has that been suggested already??? 8) :lol: :wench:

Sidew13
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Anything to put me in a Tropical frame of mind
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum and Rum and oh YES RUM

Post by Sidew13 »

that reminds me...........

I found LSL in SC finally. Bought 3 LSLs and 3 Miller Chills. Letting the get good and cold before I give them a try :D

Now time to start a thread :lol: :lol: :lol:
Trying to Take Another Road

Image Image

flipflopgirl
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 53
Favorite Boat Drink: Z-Man's MANGO THINGIES!!!!!
Location: I have been promoted from John Frinzi's stalker to ROADIE!!!! :)

Post by flipflopgirl »

PackPhanGirl wrote:OMG! As much as I'm dying for my NC Jimmy fix...hasn't this been beaten to death here? :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Image
Image "While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats." Mark Twain

RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing

IrishPirate wrote:
RinglingRingling wrote:

Maybe we should start a thread on how to navigate BN so we don't have repeat threads? :roll: Or has that been suggested already??? 8) :lol: :wench:
I think I posted a link to the ideal primer, it was in video and everything... did not even require literacy to understand. :D

RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing

flipflopgirl wrote:
PackPhanGirl wrote:OMG! As much as I'm dying for my NC Jimmy fix...hasn't this been beaten to death here? :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Image
two dead horses beat one any day. :)

ragtopW
Last Man Standing

Post by ragtopW »

8) 8) MMMM horse..

flipflopgirl
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 53
Favorite Boat Drink: Z-Man's MANGO THINGIES!!!!!
Location: I have been promoted from John Frinzi's stalker to ROADIE!!!! :)

Post by flipflopgirl »

ragtopW wrote:8) 8) MMMM horse..
:o :o :o :lol: :lol:

Image "While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats." Mark Twain

Tarheel Tail-Gator
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: A Pirate Looks at 40, Migration, Cowboy in the Jungle,,,,,,
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: Zaya, with Lime and 1 ice cube

Post by Tarheel Tail-Gator »

Larry,

Once Jimmy makes his next visit to the Carolinas, I will have a 12-pack of LandSharks waiting for you on ice at our tailgate (of course, the only way I'll drink them is if they are free and the choices are limited) :wink:

We don't dislike people from Ohio, Pennsylvania or New York down here, because the transplants are now half of the population of NC.

When Jimmy comes, all are welcome! 8)