Rock Band Competition at shows!

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

Cincy'sOwnDrunk
Gypsies in the palace
Favorite Buffett Song: hmmmmmm!
Number of Concerts: 38
Favorite Boat Drink: Mich Ultra

Rock Band Competition at shows!

Post by Cincy'sOwnDrunk »

Has anyone seen the Rock Band "competition" at the shows? I wanted to enter was not sure what they are going to do. It appears that they'll only have the guitars (which are sharks), so I'm guessing it's a battle between two players. Anyone that has seen this, please enlighten me.

P.S. I'm not any good, can't get past medium level on any of those games. Just wanted to do it at the tailgate.

habourgirl
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Habour
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: rum

Re: Rock Band Competition at shows!

Post by habourgirl »

Cincy'sOwnDrunk wrote:Has anyone seen the Rock Band "competition" at the shows? I wanted to enter was not sure what they are going to do. It appears that they'll only have the guitars (which are sharks), so I'm guessing it's a battle between two players. Anyone that has seen this, please enlighten me.

P.S. I'm not any good, can't get past medium level on any of those games. Just wanted to do it at the tailgate.
It's not really a competition. It doesn't matter how good you are... All that matters is how much fun your having. The more fun it looks like your having, the better your chances of getting on the big screen. The video crew is out there at certain times shooting footage. So, like I said... Don't worry if you s***. Just have fun.

TropicalTroubador
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: The one in front of me.

Post by TropicalTroubador »

Eh...I'm so twentieth-century; I can only play that stuff with a *real* guitar...
Living my life on Island Standard Time...
Island Standard Time - the new Trop Rock album from Loren Davidson - now available!

http://www.lorendavidson.com

moog
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by moog »

TropicalTroubador wrote:Eh...I'm so twentieth-century; I can only play that stuff with a *real* guitar...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Randy1278
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: Depends on the mood, the day, the location...
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Golden Marg, no salt, double lime

Post by Randy1278 »

I second that! As a self taught player, I take more pride in what I can play and how I can play on a real guitar than what I do in the video game version. While I do play video games, rock band and guitar hero are not my cup of tea. My newphews, 12/6 have rock band for the PS2 and I have played it a couple of times. I found it harder to play hitting buttons to off time music than playing my real guitar. I plan on taking my acoustic to the Thursday Chicago show. Maybe I will get on the screen again, who knows? You would think that the kids would want to learn for real instead of a video game. Just my 2 cents.
I think I'll take my shoes off and go walking
Down beside the Caribbean Sea. . .

Palm Trees and views I can't believe
Why would I ever want to leave?

Glorfindel7
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Beer, but I also like Margaritas :)

Post by Glorfindel7 »

I played Rockband at a bar recently... They're likely only going to play this on "easy" (since anything higher than that would discourage most people) and you can have a lot of fun on that level...

(Of course one of these days I'll try practicing medium just to see if I can do it :) )
Tinley Park - June 30, Alpine - ???, Vegas -???

catsway
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: Quietly Making Noise
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: The one in my Hand

Coconut Television Rock Band Video

Post by catsway »

Cincy'sOwnDrunk wrote:Has anyone seen the Rock Band "competition" at the shows? I wanted to enter was not sure what they are going to do. It appears that they'll only have the guitars (which are sharks), so I'm guessing it's a battle between two players. Anyone that has seen this, please enlighten me.

There is new video on Coconut Television showing the Rock Band SharKart at one of the pre-shows.

http://www.margaritaville.com/index.php?page=videos

Enjoy!
Sell Your Stuff, Keep the Dog, Live on an Island
Image JB & Sonny Image Cat & Way Image Mr. Utley

litaljohn
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by litaljohn »

Randy1278 wrote: I found it harder to play hitting buttons to off time music than playing my real guitar. I plan on taking my acoustic to the Thursday Chicago show. Maybe I will get on the screen again, who knows? You would think that the kids would want to learn for real instead of a video game. Just my 2 cents.
you may need to calibrate your system, in the game if the music is not syncing up. I had that problem when I first began, but after correcting it, it became much much easier to get gold stars (gold stars are given for high scores that are roughly getting 98 percent of the notes on expert)

(although im still trying to gold star volcano, which seems to be incredibly hard! I gold starred both, cheeserburger and margaritaville and currently ranked 25th overall for margaritaville, getting the calibration right played a huge part in that.)

meanwhile while I have an actuall guitar my short chunky wunky fingers can't seem to grasp chord correct without one finger toughing another string and making it sound just awful..... looks like plastic it stays for me!

Randy1278
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: Depends on the mood, the day, the location...
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Golden Marg, no salt, double lime

Post by Randy1278 »

I also have large hands but really short fingers in comparision. I have to reley on playing open chords on my acoustic because the neck is thick, but on my Fender Electric, it is much easier to use barre chords because the strings are lighter and smaller and the neck is thin.

I don't have the games, my nephews do. I know what all the songs *should* sound like, and they sound like they are off to me. It also doesn't help to have a 6 year old playing drums to the songs. He doesn't keep time all that well yet!
I think I'll take my shoes off and go walking
Down beside the Caribbean Sea. . .

Palm Trees and views I can't believe
Why would I ever want to leave?

conched
Last Man Standing

Re: Coconut Television Rock Band Video

Post by conched »

catsway wrote:

There is new video on Coconut Television showing the Rock Band SharKart at one of the pre-shows.

http://www.margaritaville.com/index.php?page=videos

Enjoy!
That's a neat video. Jimmy sure is having him some fun with that shark guitar on "cheeseburger."