Is the home auctioned really Jimmy's?

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Missydv
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Changes in Latitudes
Number of Concerts: 57
Favorite Boat Drink: Malibu and pineapple

Is the home auctioned really Jimmy's?

Post by Missydv »

When I read that they were auctioning off a chance to stay at Jimmy's place in Key West, I couldn't click on the link quick enough. However, I "found" Jimmy's house back in the 80's in Key West and that house on line isn't the same located at Vernon and Waddel Street that I'm sure was his. It was right next door to Louis's Backyard, and the back balcony had a big A1A sign on it. I went to Key West to find Jimmy when they had the winners of the Last Mango in Paris contest who rode on the Fantasty Fest float along with Jimmy, so I knew Jimmy was in town. I saw him going back and forth to that house a few times. Did he move after that time (like I said, it was the 80's) or did he have 2 homes in Key West?
Yesterday's over my shoulder, so I can't look backwards too long. There's just to much to see waiting in front of me and I know that I just can't go wrong!
Mottola-Buffett
Havana Daydreamin'
Favorite Buffett Song: Trying To Reason With Hurricane Season
Number of Concerts: 3

Post by Mottola-Buffett »

AS far as I know, Jimmy vacated Key West and its real estate market years ago. Am I right?
ph4ever
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: CILCIA or OPH
Number of Concerts: 299
Favorite Boat Drink: Rhum with my Chum or beer

Post by ph4ever »

Mottola-Buffett wrote:AS far as I know, Jimmy vacated Key West and its real estate market years ago. Am I right?
According to David Allan Coe that is correct
Well...(said in my best Bubba voice) I've been on sabbatical.
popcornjack
Changing Channels
Favorite Buffett Song: Biloxi
Number of Concerts: 75
Favorite Boat Drink: Dos Equis

Post by popcornjack »

I'm pretty sure he still owns a house on the island. Just something I remember hearing about when I lived there.
Take me for what I am, a star newly emerging.
I accept the new found man, and I set the twilight reeling.
cayman2
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Life is Just a Tire Swing
Number of Concerts: 74

Re: Is the home auctioned really Jimmy's?

Post by cayman2 »

Missydv wrote:When I read that they were auctioning off a chance to stay at Jimmy's place in Key West, I couldn't click on the link quick enough. However, I "found" Jimmy's house back in the 80's in Key West and that house on line isn't the same located at Vernon and Waddel Street that I'm sure was his. It was right next door to Louis's Backyard, and the back balcony had a big A1A sign on it. I went to Key West to find Jimmy when they had the winners of the Last Mango in Paris contest who rode on the Fantasty Fest float along with Jimmy, so I knew Jimmy was in town. I saw him going back and forth to that house a few times. Did he move after that time (like I said, it was the 80's) or did he have 2 homes in Key West?
Jimmy's apartment was on Waddell next to Louie's, but later, he owned a house that had the infamous "Beware of Occupant" sign on it. I looked it up back in the '90s, and it is a different place, though I can't remember the street address.
YuppieParrothead
Gypsies in the palace
Favorite Buffett Song: False Echoes
Number of Concerts: 27

Post by YuppieParrothead »

ph4ever wrote:
Mottola-Buffett wrote:AS far as I know, Jimmy vacated Key West and its real estate market years ago. Am I right?
According to David Allan Coe that is correct
I caught that one and it made me laugh! Jimmy may have grown up on the island, but David grew up on the streets!
Some people never find it, some only pretend; but me, I just want to live happily ever after every now and then.
blahblah
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by blahblah »

No, I believe the house being auctioned is the one on a salt water canal by the airport. Jimmy bought that house after renting the one by Louie's Backyard. Louie's makes the best cosmopolitan drinks. I visit that place every chance I get! Jimmy didn't leave the island. He still has a place there and records in the studio.
ragtopW
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by ragtopW »

popcornjack wrote:I'm pretty sure he still owns a house on the island. Just something I remember hearing about when I lived there.
8) 8) 8)
RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Glory Days
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark, and Margaritaville products...

Post by RinglingRingling »

awwww crap. He didn't say anything about this when we talked about my crashing there for MOTM. ba$tard.
parrotdynamo
Southeast of disorder

Post by parrotdynamo »

The other house he owned is down off of Duval way down by the bay. It is now a scuba diving training center. They have a swimming pool that they use to teach diving. You would not be able to see it from the road.

I also have a friend I coach with who worked on another house he owned/owns in Key West. Not sure where it was ,but he said it had an indoor outdoor pool right off the bedroom.
"All you need in this life is a tremendous sex drive and a great ego...brains don't mean sh!t."
Capt. Tony
ColdWaterConch
If we weren't all crazy ...

Post by ColdWaterConch »

JB owns properties in KW...although none in his name.

Florida is an open records state. If you really want to know what he owns, just run a corporation search on Florida's corp website, then run those names through Monroe county's property information website.
"Key West trades in on the name 'Hemingway." You can't take a leak without seeing Hemingway this and Hemingway that. And the irony is, if Hemingway were alive today he'd take a blowtorch to Duvall Street." Hiaasen
STL PARROTHEAD
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 15
Location: packing up 'Louie's Backyard' and heading to a concert near you!

Re: Is the home auctioned really Jimmy's?

Post by STL PARROTHEAD »

Missydv wrote: It was right next door to Louis's Backyard, and the back balcony had a big A1A sign on it.
If that is him next door... he needs to cut his grass more often....jeeeeeez :roll:

:lol: :lol:
ImageImage