BN Facebook Group

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Buffettfansphriend
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 6

Re: BN Facebook Group

Post by Buffettfansphriend »

I've been on FB for over a year now...and love it. So nice to connect with old friends and new ones too.

I joined the group.... :D

Heather Mills-Rose is who I be... welcome aboard all! :D :D
It takes a heart to find what the eyes don't always see.
Seas in my veins
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: Son of a Son
Number of Concerts: 35
Favorite Boat Drink: Beer

Post by Seas in my veins »

SchoolGirlHeart wrote:
Seas in my veins wrote:I want a stalker :lol:
Seas, I know you're kidding, but to be serious for a minute, please be careful out there, everyone. A woman I knew online was probably killed by an online stalker. The murder has never been solved as far as I know. About 8 years ago I was part of an online yahoo fan group. We didn't know each other nearly as well as some of us do here on BN. Most of us had never met in person. People came and went, as they do, and when she stopped posting no one thought too much of it. A few months later someone decided to try to get in touch with her and googled her name. A couple of days after her last post her body had been found out on a hiking trail. After searching her computer the police said it looked like she was dealing with an online stalker but they were never able to make an arrest. Very, very scary......
You made me change my mind, no stalkers please.
flipflopgirl
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 53
Favorite Boat Drink: Z-Man's MANGO THINGIES!!!!!
Location: I have been promoted from John Frinzi's stalker to ROADIE!!!! :)

Post by flipflopgirl »

well..................if you are willing to share me with John Frinzi i might be up for the job!!! :o :wink: :lol: :lol:
Image "While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats." Mark Twain
Seas in my veins
Behind Door #3

flipflopgirl wrote:
well..................if you are willing to share me with John Frinzi i might be up for the job!!! :o :wink: :lol: :lol:
I'm in, is it offical? :lol:
pojo
Changing Channels
Number of Concerts: 17

Post by pojo »

sorry guys had to back out.... our public affairs guys are watching us like a hawk.... and this time it's not the comm guys.
flipflopgirl
Last Man Standing

Post by flipflopgirl »

SchoolGirlHeart wrote:
Seas, I know you're kidding, but to be serious for a minute, please be careful out there, everyone. A woman I knew online was probably killed by an online stalker. The murder has never been solved as far as I know. About 8 years ago I was part of an online yahoo fan group. We didn't know each other nearly as well as some of us do here on BN. Most of us had never met in person. People came and went, as they do, and when she stopped posting no one thought too much of it. A few months later someone decided to try to get in touch with her and googled her name. A couple of days after her last post her body had been found out on a hiking trail. After searching her computer the police said it looked like she was dealing with an online stalker but they were never able to make an arrest. Very, very scary......
that is very scary!!!
:-? :(

one of my friends was stlked on myspace....no fun! :-? :(
Image "While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats." Mark Twain
flipflopgirl
Last Man Standing

Post by flipflopgirl »

Seas in my veins wrote:
flipflopgirl wrote:

as long as your wife doesn't kick my A$$!!!! :o :lol: :lol:
Conolulu
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Back to the beginning "Come Monday"
Number of Concerts: 60
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything z-man makes..

Post by Conolulu »

flipflopgirl wrote:
Seas in my veins wrote:
flipflopgirl wrote:

I think we're all stalking one another...here on BN, MySpace, Facebook, MTP, and Critterville Cove.....Ravi agrees. :P :lol: :lol: :lol:
flipflopgirl
Last Man Standing

Post by flipflopgirl »

Conolulu wrote:
flipflopgirl wrote:
Seas in my veins wrote:
flipflopgirl wrote:

I think we're all stalking one another...here on BN, MySpace, Facebook, MTP, and Critterville Cove.....Ravi agrees. :P :lol: :lol: :lol:

well..............i don't do myspace, i am rarely on MTP because it totally jamms up my computer :-? :-? :evil: and i don't do Critterville Cove either! :lol: :lol:
SchoolGirlHeart
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by SchoolGirlHeart »

flipflopgirl wrote: i don't do Critterville Cove either! :lol: :lol:
Well, I wouldn't think so.... You never struck me as an aspiring p*** star..... :P
Carry on as you know they would want you to do. ~~JB, dedication to Tim Russert

Take your time
Find your passion
Life goes on until it ends
Don’t stop living
Until then

~~Mac McAnally
fruityparrothead
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: Stranded On A Sandbar
Favorite Boat Drink: Depends on the day...

Post by fruityparrothead »

SchoolGirlHeart wrote:

The internet stalking thing happened to a friend of mine, that lives in L.A.. This person kept on until she found out the general area he lived in...she sat in her car at a corner market until she saw him...then followed him home. She stalked his wife/kids/friends for years until he was finally able to get her charged with ASSAULT (she attacked him in his driveway...glad it wasn't one of his kids) and got a restraining order. Very scary indeed.............be careful for sure when giving out too much personal info.

"When I pay my bills, gonna leave these Tennessee hills...(take myself), to the sea." Jimmy Buffett
phjrsaunt
Social Buffettfly
Social Buffettfly
Favorite Buffett Song: Defying Gravity
Number of Concerts: 21
Favorite Boat Drink: coconut rum and...anything!

Post by phjrsaunt »

Hey guys?
Just so nobody's feelings get hurt or anything like that, if I don't send you a drink or nudge you or whatever, it doesn't mean I'm snubbing you. It just means that I spend most of my social internet time right here at BN. :D

My love is staying an anchor tied to you with that silver chain.
Seas in my veins
Behind Door #3

phjrsaunt wrote:Hey guys?
Just so nobody's feelings get hurt or anything like that, if I don't send you a drink or nudge you or whatever, it doesn't mean I'm snubbing you. It just means that I spend most of my social internet time right here at BN. :D
I can't stand all that stuff on FB...I'm with you! Long live Buffett News.
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

:D BN is 'home', so to speak. But FB lets me talk to folks I work with, but don't get to see much, and many of my friends and relatives all over the world that aren't PH's. :D
flipflopgirl
Last Man Standing

Post by flipflopgirl »

SMLCHNG wrote::D BN is 'home', so to speak. But FB lets me talk to folks I work with, but don't get to see much, and many of my friends and relatives all over the world that aren't PH's. :D

Me too!! and i don't do the drinks and all those things, they jam up my computer. I will join different causes and pass those on to people but that is it!
Joetown Parrothead
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Wino and I know
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Miller Lite & Cabo

Post by Joetown Parrothead »

See what has been keeping me so busy for the last month.. Can't play on line too much working on the new Bar!!
Countertop is set, cabinets are done! Bathroom Tile is all grouted.. Things are coming together, maybe one more week! When Sheryl & I was in Mexico last month our basement bar area was flooded by broken water pipes... Check out new photos of the work being done!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=5 ... 321&ref=mf
Hockey Mon
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Anything with a guitar in it
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: The one that's free
Location: On the far side of the Washington Capitals rink in VA

Post by Hockey Mon »

SMLCHNG wrote::D BN is 'home', so to speak. But FB lets me talk to folks I work with, but don't get to see much, and many of my friends and relatives all over the world that aren't PH's. :D
You also seem to keep everyone on FB updated with what food is being prepared in your house.

I use facebook to give quick, comedic one-liners about what is going on in my life. As Penny noticed this weekend, my status can range from sarcastic to bizarre and sometimes I just put in head-scratchers (as in WTF are talking about?). [smilie=pimp.gif]
Twenty degrees and the hockey games on...
Tiki Bar
Thank God the Tiki Torch Still Shines
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour / Tin Cup Chalice medley!
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Friends don't let friends drink tequila! Beer me!

Post by Tiki Bar »

phjrsaunt wrote:Hey guys?
Me too. Plus, I'm visible there.

I went to elementary through high school with my boss's sister, and it was her who kept coming in the office telling me I need to sign up for FB, because so many of our classmates are on there. When she said that someone posted a class picture from 6th grade, and I was identified in it, I finally had to check it out. :o :lol: As it turns out, seeing the pic, I remember that that was the only year I didn't buy my school pictures, it was so bad! :oops: :oops: But that's a story for another day! :D

But like she said, there are a ton of classmates on there, and it's been fun talking to old friends, and just seeing what some of them are and have been up to. I've wondered time and again over the last 20 years whatever happened to my first love, my 'first', and my first fiance (all the same person). Well, now I know! And while I've seen enough to be reminded of why we didn't marry, he will always have a special place in my heart. It's been fun and interesting, and somewhat comforting catching up with him.

I only signed up a few weeks ago, and the first day my niece sent me an "AUNT JOANN!!!!" :lol: Her mom, my sister-in-law, had also just signed up, and in just mentioning it, the rest of my siblings jumped on there as well. Our family has always been close, but this is a whole other level. It's fun chatting with the nieces and nephews, and keeping tabs on them. (some of them might not use the word 'fun' to describe it :lol: ) And messing with the siblings, and adult cousins have even now connected. With a very uncommon maiden name, it's easy to link to distant cousins in Germany and such too.

But the only drawback is that I'm limited to early am, evenings, and weekends to do anything, since I don't want my boss to hear that it looks like I'm playing on facebook all day while I should be working! I don't have that problem elsewhere, but it's probably a good thing, because I could see FB being just as addictive as BN.

It's nice to see BN friends on FB, too, but I'll try to stay under the radar here, and not join the BN group there.
Otherwise, I'd post on Penny's wall right now "I just opened a brand new bag of Lay's Classic Potato Chips and thought of you!" :wink: :lol: [smilie=battingeyes.gif] :D
You’re still grinning, we’re still winning, nothing left to say
I’m still gliding as I go flying down this endless wave
SMLCHNG

Post by SMLCHNG »

Hockey Mon wrote: You also seem to keep everyone on FB updated with what food is being prepared in your house.

I use facebook to give quick, comedic one-liners about what is going on in my life. As Penny noticed this weekend, my status can range from sarcastic to bizarre and sometimes I just put in head-scratchers (as in WTF are talking about?). [smilie=pimp.gif]
:oops: :lol: :oops: :lol:
SMLCHNG

Post by SMLCHNG »

Tiki Bar wrote: Otherwise, I'd post on Penny's wall right now "I just opened a brand new bag of Lay's Classic Potato Chips and thought of you!" :wink: :lol: [smilie=battingeyes.gif] :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: I'm getting a food theme here. ;)