Special Request of all Parrotheads..........

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

pair8head
God's Own Drunk
Number of Concerts: 300
Location: I'm not in the middle of nowhere but, you can see it from here.

Special Request of all Parrotheads..........

Post by pair8head »

Special Request

In an effort to let Jimmy Buffett know just how disappointed I am, I am asking all
Parrotheads (especially those east coasters) to please BOYCOTT any show announced
for the "Landshark Stadium" this year.

I really feel the West Coast is being dissed by him and the management of his companies.

I realize that it will most likely not be an effective tool to cause his company or him any
loss of revenue but maybe just maybe if he hears of it it might ping his conscience just a bit.
One can always hope.
SAVE THE EARTH
It's the only Planet that has chocolate.

Skibo
Hoot!

Re: Special Request of all Parrotheads..........

Post by Skibo »

Look at the bright side, you still have all those great grunge radio stations. :roll:
Rub yours on me and I'll rub mine on you

SchoolGirlHeart
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by SchoolGirlHeart »

I hope you know I love you guys to the moon and back, but on this we disagree...

P*ss and moan, complain, and discuss the whole thing until the horse is beaten into glue, but IMHO it's uncool to call for a boycott on the guy's fan site.....
Carry on as you know they would want you to do. ~~JB, dedication to Tim Russert

Take your time
Find your passion
Life goes on until it ends
Don’t stop living
Until then

~~Mac McAnally

ph4ever
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: CILCIA or OPH
Number of Concerts: 299
Favorite Boat Drink: Rhum with my Chum or beer

Post by ph4ever »

Skibo wrote:Look at the bright side, you still have all those great grunge radio stations. :roll:
wrong - there's only 1 decent grunge station in the Seattle Tacoma area
Well...(said in my best Bubba voice) I've been on sabbatical.

I lost my cat :cry: Nevermind I found her!!! [smilie=battingeyes.gif]

ph4ever
Last Man Standing

Post by ph4ever »

SchoolGirlHeart wrote:I hope you know I love you guys to the moon and back, but on this we disagree...

P*ss and moan, complain, and discuss the whole thing until the horse is beaten into glue, but IMHO it's uncool to call for a boycott on the guy's fan site.....
Why's that? Because the east coast wasn't screwed over like the west coast? Besides this may be a Buffett fan site but he doesn't own it.

SchoolGirlHeart
Last Man Standing

ph4ever wrote:
SchoolGirlHeart wrote:I hope you know I love you guys to the moon and back, but on this we disagree...

Why's that? Because the east coast wasn't screwed over like the west coast? Besides this may be a Buffett fan site but he doesn't own it.
Nope, it has nothing to do with east coast/west coast, etc. I just think it's uncool. It's my opinion, nothing more or less.

Take your time
Find your passion
Don’t stop living
Until then

~~Mac McAnally

SchoolGirlHeart
Last Man Standing

BTW, as far as we know, there's also an east coast date on the chopping block: Mohegan Sun. For the record, if this were someone in Connecticut calling for a boycott I'd have the same opinion....

Take your time
Find your passion
Don’t stop living
Until then

~~Mac McAnally

pair8head
God's Own Drunk

Post by pair8head »

I'm not just complaining I'm attempting to do something. There is a difference.
I realize this may be an unpopular position, however it is my position. If Jimmy or his people would have come out and said WHY it was being canceled and offered ANY kind of apology then I would not have taken this position. The fact that no explanation has been offered let alone an apology tells me he may be loosing touch with just how far he can go with his fan base. If said fan base rises to the occasion we may be able to let him know that this behavior is not going to be tolerated in the future.
SAVE THE EARTH

pair8head
God's Own Drunk

Post by pair8head »

SchoolGirlHeart wrote:BTW, as far as we know, there's also an east coast date on the chopping block: Mohegan Sun. For the record, if this were someone in Connecticut calling for a boycott I'd have the same opinion....
Those fans effected by the Mohegan Sun cancellation are more then welcome to join me in my efforts.
SAVE THE EARTH

SchoolGirlHeart
Last Man Standing

pair8head wrote:I'm not just complaining I'm attempting to do something. There is a difference.
Of course there is. I just think it's uncool to call for a boycott on BN, a fan site. Take it to facebook, myspace, etc, etc, etc. Establish boycottbuffett.com if you want. But IMHO it's disrespectful to phjim to call for it here.

Take your time
Find your passion
Don’t stop living
Until then

~~Mac McAnally

pair8head
God's Own Drunk

Post by pair8head »

SchoolGirlHeart wrote:
pair8head wrote:I'm not just complaining I'm attempting to do something. There is a difference.
Of course there is. I just think it's uncool to call for a boycott on BN, a fan site. Take it to facebook, myspace, etc, etc, etc. Establish boycottbuffett.com if you want. But IMHO it's disrespectful to phjim to call for it here.
There isn't any place that has Jimmys attention more then his fan sites. That's where his people look and that's where they will see my message.

If PHJIM feels I am disrespecting him let him tell me and I will stop doing so here. I in no way intend for anything I post here to be disrespectful of Jim. I hope Jim knows how I feel and can respect that.
SAVE THE EARTH

Calypso Poet 99
I need two more boat drinks

Post by Calypso Poet 99 »

My daughter Delaney was born 2 years ago on the day of one of Jimmy's few appearances in Detroit. Because of this, I missed the concert. Therefore, in the spirit of this post, I will boycott my daughter Delaney’s birthday party this year.
Each day is better than the next.

-Woogy

Lightning Bolt
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Tryin To Reason...
Number of Concerts: 17
Location: Mt. Helix looking east to the future, west to this sunset

Post by Lightning Bolt »

I wouldn't be so irritated by his move, had I not already been afforded the opportunity to his shows (Vegas on Sat, Irvine this Thur)
but if I had made vacation plans to come west from somewhere afar, I would be seriously P.O.'d :evil:

...and seeing the Dolphins schedule, with them playing home games throughout October, ...only stokes the conspiracy theories :evil: :evil: :evil:
$#@&...only Vegas again?? Padres ...gotta start believin'!Bring on '14 Spring Training!

ph4ever
Last Man Standing

Post by ph4ever »

Lightning Bolt wrote:I wouldn't be so irritated by his move, had I not already been afforded the opportunity to his shows (Vegas on Sat, Irvine this Thur)
but if I had made vacation plans to come west from somewhere afar, I would be seriously P.O.'d :evil:

...and seeing the Dolphins schedule, with them playing home games throughout October, ...only stokes the conspiracy theories :evil: :evil: :evil:

I've seen a show this year and glad I did. I personally know people who can't afford to travel anywhere to see him who haven't seen him in years. People that were excited about a show in Seattle and waiting for the tickets to go on sale. I'm more angry about them than I am about myself not seeing him here, since I saw him in Frisco. Some areas get quite a number of shows while other's don't. It would be nice if those that are lucky enough to get several shows in their area to think about those that are lucky to get 1 show ever 5-10 years. Once that show was announced it should have been honored OR an explanation given as to why the show as jerked. That would be RIGHT. It doesn't matter who you are - President of the United States, a bum on the street corner or Jimmyfreaking Buffett - what's right is right and wrong is wrong and to offer no explanation is WRONG.

Bicycle Bill
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris
Number of Concerts: 1
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything with rum and pineapple juice!

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Can everybody step back, take a deep breath, and calm down for just a minute?

So far, the only evidence that any shows have been canceled is a report "from a reliable source" that they are being removed from the calendar. The tour date calendar right here on BuffettNews still lists them with the following caveat: "The dates shown below were on the preliminary list of tour dates (subject to change)" (underlining/highlighting mine). The dates shown are the four October shows on the west coast, as well as the three November shows in the New York/New England area.

In addition, it is still only "rumored" that these possible changes (which, remember, have not yet been confirmed!) is due to the possibility of "accomodating a show at Landshark Stadium". If these shows are in fact canceled, who knows? It may be for reasons totally removed from any activities with the Dolphins in Miami.

So I make a plea to let cooler heads prevail and not to go off half-cocked until all the facts are in. Otherwise, you may find that you've been shooting at a phantom target.
(all words in quotes, btw, are from the May 17th article right here on Buffett News titled 'Changes to the 2009 Fall Tour')

Having said that, if you want to start a petition/letter-writing campaign to retain those concerts that are in jeopardy, go for it. Let me know where to go to e-sign it, and I'll be there. But let's wait until we've actually been harmed before we start talking about punitive or recriminatory actions like boycotts.
-"BB"-
Last edited by Bicycle Bill on May 18, 2009 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead."
"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic, but I've had a good life all the way."

pair8head
God's Own Drunk

Post by pair8head »

All well and good BB except that the Seattle Concert has been canceled. No ifs ands or buts about it.
SAVE THE EARTH

SharkOnLand
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine

Post by SharkOnLand »

Bicycle Bill wrote: But let's wait until we've actually been harmed before we start talking about punitive or recriminatory actions like boycotts.
-"BB"-
He's asking for people to boycott a show that won't take place until (unless?) the other shows have been cancelled. So in effect, it is the same thing you're asking for.
Image Image

Bicycle Bill
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris
Number of Concerts: 1
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything with rum and pineapple juice!

Post by Bicycle Bill »

pair8head wrote:All well and good BB except that the Seattle Concert has been canceled. No ifs ands or buts about it.
No disrespect intended in any way, shape, or form, pair8head — but if this concert has in fact been canceled why then is "The Ultimate Jimmy Buffett Fansite" (this one) that far behind the curve? I've only been here since January, and they seem to be right on top of everything else...... Maybe you or your source can contact them with this information and bring them up to speed.

It's just that too many things go sour when people start acting on rumor, innuendo, and hearsay information.
-"BB"-
"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead."
"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic, but I've had a good life all the way."

ph4ever
Last Man Standing

Post by ph4ever »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
pair8head wrote:All well and good BB except that the Seattle Concert has been canceled. No ifs ands or buts about it.
No disrespect intended in any way, shape, or form, pair8head — but if this concert has in fact been canceled why then is "The Ultimate Jimmy Buffett Fansite" (this one) that far behind the curve? I've only been here since January, and they seem to be right on top of everything else...... Maybe you or your source can contact them with this information and bring them up to speed.

It's just that too many things go sour when people start acting on rumor, innuendo, and hearsay information.
-"BB"-
As to why this site is "behind the curve" you'll have to take that up with a mod or maybe PHJIM. The simple fact is that the date was shown on the Margaritaville site, it was announced on youtube and I believe Google Earth and then removed from Margaritaville.

pair8head
God's Own Drunk

Post by pair8head »

Bicycle Bill wrote:

-"BB"-
The person who received the email from Seattle Center (where the concert was to take place) is a member of the board who's very name here can't be posted without repercussions.

Not likely this board is going to pay much attention to him.

Please note I am in no way dissing this board its owner or moderators. :D

:pirate:
SAVE THE EARTH