New Album available

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

peejay
If we weren't all crazy ...
Favorite Buffett Song: Chanson Pour Les Petits Enfants
Number of Concerts: 3
Favorite Boat Drink: Pharmade!

Re: New Album available

Post by peejay »

dang it. I'm trying to get it on itunes, but I keep getting a pop up that says "This item is being modified. Try again later." I've been trying for HOURS. :evil:

If I'd have know it would be this much trouble, I'd have just bought it at the store, but I wanted to use my itunes credit. Grrrrrr.
Docktails at 5
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Woman Going Crazy On Caroline Street
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum & Soda

Post by Docktails at 5 »

Picked up my copy of the album today. I was actually hesitant to buy it. I have all of his other albums, but the caliber of music Jimmy's put out in the last few years leaves something to be desired. Anyway, I just finished listening to it, and I was pleasently surprised. I found that most of the songs were pretty good (I could definitely do without Turn Up The Heat.....). This album will be on repeat in my office for the forseeable future.
Coast Of Carolina
conched
Last Man Standing

Post by conched »

I like the whole package and it seems like Jimmy and Mike Utley and Mac, whom produced Buffet Hotel, have gone above and beyond to offer the EXTRAS.

Not only is the hard copy of the CD available with the booklet--I haven't seen the booklet with the iiner notes yet, thanks to my own stupidity of ordering from AMAZON. :roll:

...but you can also download the BOOKLET from itunes when you download the album. It's a nice pdf and has great reading which is well organized and has some wonderful photos of Jimmy and some whacky, colorful artwork.

You can also download the stories about each song in the liner notes in audio format from Mailboat Records. It's so sweet to get to listen to Jimmy read his stories and then perform the songs. I know that must have taken a LOT of extra effort.

All in all, I think Jimmy did a great piece of work for the parrotheads and also featured so many of the super talents of the Coral Reefer Band, from the Reeferettes singin "Hello hello" to Pete's solo on Nobody from Nowhere, to Utley and Mac producing, to all the folks behind the scenes that got this great deal out in a timely way. It is very nice that he compliments other singer/songwriter folks like Will Kimbrough, Tommy Womack, Jesse Winchester, and Bruce Cockburn (and Roger Guth and Jimmy's traveling buddies) by covering their work.

I hope the album keeps getting great reviews. It should. The flow of it is good and the lyrics are interesting and keep us traveling on Jimmy's songlines.

I feel every song on the album is a keeper. Even after hearing many of them often in the live shows, they are still FRESH in the studio version.