Our discussion board has been updated to a newer version. If you have a problem with viewing try clearing your browser's cache and refresh.

Jimmy gives us even more... live streaming video

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

Tiki Bar
Thank God the Tiki Torch Still Shines
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour / Tin Cup Chalice medley!
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Friends don't let friends drink tequila! Beer me!

Jimmy gives us even more... live streaming video

Post by Tiki Bar » April 24, 2010 9:39 pm

edit: Regularly streaming soundchecks and shows! HOORAY!! Thank you Jimmy and the bttour crew!!

In case some of you haven't seen it yet, there was live video stream of today's sound check. Then live stream of Hot Hot Hot and Nobody from Nowhere, then Volcano, Big Top, Everybody's on the Phone, etc etc... comes and goes, but it's WAY COOL, and awfully generous!! And if you miss it live, they post instant replay videos! LOVE IT!

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/bttour

Enjoy!!

And THANK YOU Margaritaville!
Last edited by Tiki Bar on May 23, 2010 7:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
You’re still grinning, we’re still winning, nothing left to say
I’m still gliding as I go flying down this endless wave

Tiki Bar

Re: Jimmy gives us even more... live streaming video

Post by Tiki Bar » April 24, 2010 9:59 pm

FYI - during Cuban Crime... posted

9:58 cdsisson-1: ok, after this song we'll go live again. for two songs.

Summerlover
Fruitcake
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Vodka and lime

Post by Summerlover » April 24, 2010 10:12 pm

This is so cool. Can't wait for Indy

It was my first look baby that's all it took

East Texas Parrothead
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Tonight I Just Need My Guitar *and* Southern Cross
Number of Concerts: 40
Favorite Boat Drink: Mojito

Post by East Texas Parrothead » April 24, 2010 10:13 pm

Well, how kewl is that, I ask you? 8)
Gentilly ... 42 years is a long time to wait .... a Northeast Texas woman can hope.
My love is an anchor tied to you, tied with a silver chain.

Tiki Bar

Post by Tiki Bar » April 25, 2010 8:58 am

I thought this was super cool... can't believe there wasn't more excitement about it.

The videos of Big Top, Everybody's on the Phone, and Pirate Looks at 40 / Back Where I Come From were available to watch over and over last night, but they're gone at the moment. A facebook link lead me to another Buffett site that thought it would be okay to post them to view on their home page, and they now display "Removed for a violation of the terms of service". It sucks if that's why they were pulled from the UStream site.
Last edited by Tiki Bar on April 25, 2010 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH BEST...SONG...EVER!!
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Chill the rose

Post by ScarletB » April 25, 2010 9:02 am

Summerlover wrote:This is so cool. Can't wait for Indy
Shirley, that sig line picture always makes me smile. That was my first SBH beach day.
*sigh*
GW - 7/19
Great Northern MOTM - 7/20-21
Hershey Labor Day Weekend Show - 8/29
MOTM - Oct 28

Summerlover
Fruitcake

Post by Summerlover » April 25, 2010 9:13 am

ScarletB wrote:
Summerlover wrote:This is so cool. Can't wait for Indy
Shirley, that sig line picture always makes me smile. That was my first SBH beach day.
*sigh*
Pam I started my project with my collection from SBH, sand, Autour tile, sea glass from Shell Beach etc. Not sure how it will come out but fun none the less. We will find our way back again. Reunion!!

I really enjoyed the streaming video. It was great to get a snippet from the concert. I hope it continues. We were watching a movie at the time but I was bored and snuck out to listen and view the concert.

nutmeg
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Barefoot Children (this week)
Number of Concerts: 10

Post by nutmeg » April 25, 2010 9:41 am

sigh. they were already gone by the time I looked this morning. However I did see a really neat hummingbird cam. :D
Friends Walk Together in Life's Garden
ImageImageImage
http://heartofmichiganrescue.com/

urlcenter
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 6

Post by urlcenter » April 25, 2010 2:24 pm

Tiki Bar wrote:In case some of you haven't seen it yet, there was live video stream of today's sound check. Then live stream of Hot Hot Hot and Nobody from Nowhere, then Volcano, Big Top, Everybody's on the Phone, etc etc... comes and goes, but it's WAY COOL, and awfully generous!! And if you miss it live, they post instant replay videos! LOVE IT!

Enjoy!!

I am not sure that Jimmy actually authorized the live streaming video of the show last night. First there would have been some sort of official announcement if such a thing was going to occur. Second Jimmy would have said something from the stage the way he always mentions Radio Margaritaville. Third if Jimmy actually approved the video stream, I would expect it to be on a "Margaritaville" branded website. Finally the fact that the videos were removed from ustream for violations seems to be the biggest indicator that the streaming was unauthorized.

:D

Coconuts
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Something with rum

Post by Coconuts » April 25, 2010 2:28 pm

urlcenter wrote:
Tiki Bar wrote:In case some of you haven't seen it yet, there was live video stream of today's sound check. Then live stream of Hot Hot Hot and Nobody from Nowhere, then Volcano, Big Top, Everybody's on the Phone, etc etc... comes and goes, but it's WAY COOL, and awfully generous!! And if you miss it live, they post instant replay videos! LOVE IT!

Enjoy!!

I am not sure that Jimmy actually authorized the live streaming video of the show last night. First there would have been some sort of official announcement if such a thing was going to occur. Second Jimmy would have said something from the stage the way he always mentions Radio Margaritaville. Third if Jimmy actually approved the video stream, I would expect it to be on a "Margaritaville" branded website. Finally the fact that the videos were removed from ustream for violations seems to be the biggest indicator that the streaming was unauthorized.

And fourth RM is removing audio stream options, and what's left is flaky at best, so I can't see them adding video until they get the bugs worked out on the audio side.
My ship she has a rudder, but I don’t know where to steer

urlcenter
Hoot!

Post by urlcenter » April 25, 2010 2:42 pm

Coconuts wrote:
urlcenter wrote:

Enjoy!!

And fourth RM is removing audio stream options, and what's left is flaky at best, so I can't see them adding video until they get the bugs worked out on the audio side.
The flash stream sounded great last night but the windows media would not connect.

Summerlover
Fruitcake

Post by Summerlover » April 25, 2010 4:16 pm

urlcenter wrote:
Coconuts wrote:
urlcenter wrote:

Enjoy!!

I first saw the posting about the video streaming on JB&CR Facebook page. The page appears to be an official page for JB & Margaritaville so I'm not sure about the unauthorized steaming.
I have never seen Jimmy stand and sing without a guitar in hand (SOSOS). It looked a little awkward. :o

SunLover
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: The next show I capture

Post by SunLover » April 25, 2010 4:18 pm

urlcenter wrote:

Enjoy!!

There actually was an announcement about the video stream on Facebook. "Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefers" posted at 8:11p last night:

"Tune in RIGHT NOW to watch the first two songs streamed from Tampa! And keep checking throughout the night because you never know when we may broadcast another song or two! http://www.ustream.tv/channel/bttour"

Tiki Bar

Post by Tiki Bar » April 25, 2010 4:46 pm

urlcenter wrote:

Enjoy!!

I'm 100% sure it was authorized... like others said, it was the Jimmy facebook page that announced it. At the end of the sound check, Jimmy did the fins up into the camera. And finally, the cdsisson who I quoted above, unless an impostor which I highly doubt, was Coleman Sisson, General Manager at RM:

http://www.classicradiogallery.com/radi ... index.html

And CEO of BubbleUp, the company who hosts all of Jimmy's web pages.

http://www.gulfscapes.com/coleman_sisson_bubbleup.html

Unless he's running renegade, it was legit.

SchoolGirlHeart
Last Man Standing

Post by SchoolGirlHeart » April 25, 2010 4:50 pm

Tiki Bar wrote:I'm 100% sure it was authorized...
Me too.
Carry on as you know they would want you to do. ~~JB, dedication to Tim Russert

Take your time
Find your passion
Life goes on until it ends
Don’t stop living
Until then

~~Mac McAnally

urlcenter
Hoot!

Post by urlcenter » April 25, 2010 4:51 pm

If the streaming was authorized then the video should not have been removed from the ustream sight with the following message: Removed for a violation of the terms of service One would think something authorized by Jimmy would not be violating a website's TOS. I have seen a very similar message on the website justin.tv back during NFL season when people were streaming NFL broadcasts from CBS and Fox.

Also there was no mention of video streaming of the show on Margaritaville.com or on RM's website. Also since Jimmy was providing the audio of the show in full why was the video only provided for certain songs? It would seem to me that if the video is going to be officially provided it would be in full just like the audio.

Tiki Bar

Post by Tiki Bar » April 25, 2010 5:01 pm

urlcenter wrote:If the streaming was authorized then the video should not have been removed from the ustream sight with the following message: Removed for a violation of the terms of service One would think something authorized by Jimmy would not be violating a website's TOS. I have seen a very similar message on the website justin.tv back during NFL season when people were streaming NFL broadcasts from CBS and Fox.

Also there was no mention of video streaming of the show on Margaritaville.com or on RM's website. Also since Jimmy was providing the audio of the show in full why was the video only provided for certain songs? It would seem to me that if the video is going to be officially provided it would be in full just like the audio.
The TOS notice was on the unauthorized site about Jimmy that said 'watch the videos here on our home page!' Not on UStream... they were just gone from there. Don't know why there was no mention on the MVille sites, but from FB:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/jimmybuffett?ref=ts

Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefers: We are going to stream sound check from Tampa today between 3pm and 5 pm eastern. Join us at http://www.ustream.tv/channel/bttour

Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefers: Tune in RIGHT NOW to watch the first two songs streamed from Tampa! And keep checking throughout the night because you never know when we may broadcast another song or two!

Last thing I saw cdsisson post said to look for the stream from soundcheck again on Tuesday. I think they got up to 500 viewers at a time... I have no idea what capacity is. My guess is it's in the testing phase.

And the bits I saw were WAY COOL, and I appreciate them going there!!

SchoolGirlHeart
Last Man Standing

Post by SchoolGirlHeart » April 25, 2010 5:09 pm

Tiki Bar wrote:
urlcenter wrote:If the streaming was authorized then the video should not have been removed from the ustream sight with the following message: Removed for a violation of the terms of service One would think something authorized by Jimmy would not be violating a website's TOS. I have seen a very similar message on the website justin.tv back during NFL season when people were streaming NFL broadcasts from CBS and Fox.

The TOS notice was on the unauthorized site about Jimmy that said 'watch the videos here on our home page!' Not on UStream... they were just gone from there. Don't know why there was no mention on the MVille sites, but from FB:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/jimmybuffett?ref=ts

Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefers: We are going to stream sound check from Tampa today between 3pm and 5 pm eastern. Join us at http://www.ustream.tv/channel/bttour

Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefers: Tune in RIGHT NOW to watch the first two songs streamed from Tampa! And keep checking throughout the night because you never know when we may broadcast another song or two!

Last thing I saw cdsisson post said to look for the stream from soundcheck again on Tuesday. I think they got up to 500 viewers at a time... I have no idea what capacity is. My guess is it's in the testing phase.

And the bits I saw were WAY COOL, and I appreciate them going there!!
Tiki, you beat me to it and saved me the typing.

The stream was authorized.
Carry on as you know they would want you to do. ~~JB, dedication to Tim Russert

Take your time
Find your passion
Life goes on until it ends
Don’t stop living
Until then

~~Mac McAnally

dawgfan
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Lone Palm
Number of Concerts: 52

Post by dawgfan » April 25, 2010 8:46 pm

Trust me it was authorized, Coleman & I had several discussions & emails yesterday about it 8)

Tiki Bar

Post by Tiki Bar » April 27, 2010 10:55 am

Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefers:

Jimmy's in Atlanta, and if you check the link below between 3p and 5p eastern you may catch some video from soundcheck! http://www.ustream.tv/channel/bttour

To me, this is one of the coolest things EVER!! :D :D

from facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/jimmybuffett