Our discussion board has been updated to a newer version. If you have a problem with viewing try clearing your browser's cache and refresh.

Impressions of the Show in Bristow--That Rhymes!

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

FunkHouse9
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Nautical Wheelers
Number of Concerts: 22
Favorite Boat Drink: Crown Royal & Ginger Ale

Re: Impressions of the Show in Bristow--That Rhymes!

Post by FunkHouse9 » September 7, 2010 11:18 pm

Tarheel Tail-Gator wrote:
FunkHouse9 wrote:I enjoyed the show a lot, but honestly I didn't think it was anything terribly special compared to any others I've been to. It was cool to hear Brahma Fear, but it isn't one of those gems that I'd just jump out of my pants when he pulls it out of the closet. I think it's cool that I was at a show that so many people think was special, but I didn't leave feeling that way at all. I'm embarassed to say I'd rather have heard more songs off of Buffet Hotel than what we got. The typical covers bothered me more this year than they usually do. For the first time, I started to wonder if it's really worth going EVERY year.
Was it too much tequila or not quite enough? :pirate:
Probably not quite enough.
Maybe it's because in spite of all the work we do, it's the child in us we really value.

Bfan53again
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: "I Have Found Me a Home"
Number of Concerts: 8
Favorite Boat Drink: Dark 'n Stormy

Post by Bfan53again » September 8, 2010 5:07 am

FunkHouse9 wrote:
Tarheel Tail-Gator wrote:
FunkHouse9 wrote:I enjoyed the show a lot, but honestly I didn't think it was anything terribly special compared to any others I've been to. It was cool to hear Brahma Fear, but it isn't one of those gems that I'd just jump out of my pants when he pulls it out of the closet. I think it's cool that I was at a show that so many people think was special, but I didn't leave feeling that way at all. I'm embarassed to say I'd rather have heard more songs off of Buffet Hotel than what we got. The typical covers bothered me more this year than they usually do. For the first time, I started to wonder if it's really worth going EVERY year.
Was it too much tequila or not quite enough? :pirate:
Probably not quite enough.
If only JB had played Nautical Wheelers.......... :cry: And my wife and I continue to attend every year now because, whether we want to admit it or not, the "end" of JB doing annual tours is probably closer than we want to imagine.
On most days I say: "Wrinkles only go where the smiles have been...."
Sometimes I can only say: "There is no dumbass vaccine......"

If something or someone gets you down, just remember: "In a hundred years it all won’t matter.........."

phinhead
Overkill
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by phinhead » September 17, 2010 10:50 pm

Truthfully...I am surprised he hasn't done Life Short, Call Now or Beautiful Swimmers for an encore. I also thought we might get to here the title track-Buffet Hotel at some point. I too would like to hear more of the new cd. Maybe we will get a couple of them on the next tour. Otherwise...fun shows. I know I enjoyed the last 2 I attended this year.
Bring me the hot sauce, bring me a beer. Going to be the last man standing, but where do you go from here?