Manassas Update

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

drunkpirate66
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Re: Manassas Update

Post by drunkpirate66 »

ScarletB wrote:
Carolinadreamin' wrote:
Nighthawk wrote:I still do not see what the hell the big fricking deal is. Many venues do not allow tailgating. Heck the venue Jimmy use to play in chicago--- The World/New World/Tweeter had a FIRM rule on NO TAILGATING. They only lifted it for the Buffett shows. Any other show there you could not tailgate at.

So big deal, you can't tailgate in the parking lot. Be creative. Find an open lot near the venue, and drink there. Or, you can always do the last resort, but be careful.... Open a few bottle in the car on your way there and enjoy.
I generally try to stay out of controversial issues on this board. Everyone has an opinion and I really want to make the best effort to respect said opinions. I started to read your reply and thought "he has a point about Jimmy playing venues where there is no tailgating". But your last sentence (which I hope was just a joke) which I highlighted above, has me very upset. People need to attempt to act in a responsible manner and NOT drink and drive......whether they are driving into the venue or leaving the venue!!!

If JLL (or any other venue) really wanted to avoid costly litigation, they would try to work with the county to improve mass transit (bus service, taxi, etc). Right now the place is out in the middle of 'burbs with a couple of one lane roads to access it. There are no "open lots near the venue". The one lot folks did attempt to tailgate for WMZQFest were forced away. Even the hotels are a fair distance away and that's not considering the traffic situation of NOVA. This is not about the right to drink yourself stupid before a show. This is waiting to get into the venue on those one lane roads for an hour when the open the lots at noon. How long do you think it's going to take for 25,000 folks, most in cars, to get into the venue when the lots open at 5 pm? Bristow has multi-faceted problems, in which allowing folks to tailgate for years, that have been kept to a minimum. The WAPHC, along with 2 other clubs, will be tailgating at a restaurant/bar in Springfield. Then leaving at 5 PM in 3 buses for the 25 mile trip, in the hopes that they don't miss any of the show.....that's what the fricking big deal is......... :roll: You can roll your eyes and tell all the Bristow concertgoers to get over it.......but please don't tell people so cavalierly to open a few on the way over......it's a stupid way to die. :-?
You tell em Linda! Idiot
Yeah . . . :roll: . . . . I mean . . . 8) . . . who would do that . . . :lol: . . . living around Key West for 4 years . . . :o . . . never . . . with C - Dawg and a guy named Popcorn years later . .. :pirate: . . . I mean . . . oops a daisy . . . [smilie=gunhappyyank.gif] .. . I just picked that because I am a drunk Republican right now . . . F*CK yeah . . . whatever that means. Where is the PWI? . . . :lol:
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .
Bfan53again
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: "I Have Found Me a Home"
Number of Concerts: 8
Favorite Boat Drink: Dark 'n Stormy

Post by Bfan53again »

Utvolzac wrote:The issue I have with this venue is not so much the no tailgating policy, but the timing of the policy.For alot of people the concert is secondary to the overall Buffett experience which tailgating is a big part of it.

JLL did not announce the ban until after tickets were sold. I found out when I received my tickets and it ha "no tailgating" printed on it. Had I known about it before hand, I would have gone to a different venue.

That's what I'm most upset about.
I second this........ :pirate:
On most days I say: "Wrinkles only go where the smiles have been...."
Sometimes I can only say: "There is no dumbass vaccine......"

If something or someone gets you down, just remember: "In a hundred years it all won’t matter.........."
aeroparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana
Number of Concerts: 56

Post by aeroparrot »

Utvolzac wrote:The issue I have with this venue is not so much the no tailgating policy, but the timing of the policy.

For alot of people the concert is secondary to the overall Buffett experience which tailgating is a big part of it.

JLL did not announce the ban until after tickets were sold. I found out when I received my tickets and it ha "no tailgating" printed on it. Had I known about it before hand, I would have gone to a different venue.

That's what I'm most upset about.
You could have gone to the website before you bought the tickets. The policy is usually stated on there.
If you want an experience, go to a Jimmy Buffett concert.

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Life is short, live long!!

I'd rather be a wiseass than a dumbass.

surfpirate
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: African Friend
Number of Concerts: 98

Post by surfpirate »

aeroparrot wrote:You could have gone to the website before you bought the tickets. The policy is usually stated on there.
Dude. Don't get this started again.

The website's small print has always, year-in, year-out stated policies
about no grills, no alcohol, etc.
yada yada yada
(most venues' websites say the same things).

It has never been strictly enforced before.
This is a change in enforcement after the tickets were sold.
Plain and simple.
"There are no stupid questions. But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots."
BNCRITTERS.COM | TWITTER | FACEBOOK | SURF SHOP |
SchoolGirlHeart
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by SchoolGirlHeart »

surfpirate wrote:
aeroparrot wrote:You could have gone to the website before you bought the tickets. The policy is usually stated on there.
Dude. Don't get this started again.

The website's small print has always, year-in, year-out stated policies
about no grills, no alcohol, etc.
yada yada yada
(most venues' websites say the same things).

It has never been strictly enforced before.
This is a change in enforcement after the tickets were sold.
Plain and simple.
- Alcoholic beverages may not be taken into or removed from these premises. Any patron in the possession of alcoholic beverages not obtained on premises will be subject to eviction.

Oh, wait.... that's the alcohol policy at COMCAST CENTER, MANSFIELD, MA.... AKA GREAT WOODS.....

Need I say more?
Carry on as you know they would want you to do. ~~JB, dedication to Tim Russert

Take your time
Find your passion
Life goes on until it ends
Don’t stop living
Until then

~~Mac McAnally
Bfan53again
Under My Lone Palm

Post by Bfan53again »

On the "Boycott Jiffy Lube Live" site at FB there are some rumors about "discussions" between Buffett's people and venue/county officials about the status of the no-tailgating policy for JB's show on the 27th: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/Boy ... fyLubeLive

Maybe a glimmer of hope for us?????? :roll:

Hey, following this sure beats watching the stock market recently........ [smilie=grrrrrr.gif]

If something or someone gets you down, just remember: "In a hundred years it all won’t matter.........."
urlcenter
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 6

Post by urlcenter »

Jimmy Buffett Info 8/27 Jiffy Lube Live
Parking Lots: 4:00pm
Doors: 5:00pm
Bfan53again
Under My Lone Palm

Post by Bfan53again »

urlcenter wrote:Jimmy Buffett Info 8/27 Jiffy Lube Live
Parking Lots: 4:00pm
Doors: 5:00pm
Crap...... [smilie=grrrrrr.gif]

TampicoToucan
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Tampico Trauma, In the Shelter, He Went to Paris,
Favorite Boat Drink: The Tampico Trauma

Post by TampicoToucan »

Has anyone heard whether or not Michael Utley or other band members will be signing autographs this year at JLL before the show? If so, I assume it will be inside the gate. Will we be permitted to bring in items to be autographed, or will the items be confiscated? I attempted to call the box office a few times today and yesterday to ask, only to get the call back later reply.
Image...See, I was...Drinkin' double, Causin' lots of trouble...Image
Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

TampicoToucan wrote:Has anyone heard whether or not Michael Utley or other band members will be signing autographs this year at JLL before the show? If so, I assume it will be inside the gate. Will we be permitted to bring in items to be autographed, or will the items be confiscated? I attempted to call the box office a few times today and yesterday to ask, only to get the call back later reply.

you may want to check with the Washington DC Area Parrothead Club. last year they lined up and hosted the meet & greet
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
Carolinadreamin'
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 64
Favorite Boat Drink: Painkiller

Post by Carolinadreamin' »

Saltx3 wrote:
TampicoToucan wrote:Has anyone heard whether or not Michael Utley or other band members will be signing autographs this year at JLL before the show? If so, I assume it will be inside the gate. Will we be permitted to bring in items to be autographed, or will the items be confiscated? I attempted to call the box office a few times today and yesterday to ask, only to get the call back later reply.

you may want to check with the Washington DC Area Parrothead Club. last year they lined up and hosted the meet & greet
We (WAPHC) are not doing a meet and greet this year because of the tailgating policy at JLL. We got this information this week: "Buffett decreed that all Coral Reefer Meet & Greets were going to take place only at the Margaritaville Foods bus." So, it's possible that the CRB will be there at some point during the 5-7 PM time frame.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Pinot Noir in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO"
Bfan53again
Under My Lone Palm

Post by Bfan53again »

Carolinadreamin' wrote:
Saltx3 wrote:

We (WAPHC) are not doing a meet and greet this year because of the tailgating policy at JLL. We got this information this week: "Buffett decreed that all Coral Reefer Meet & Greets were going to take place only at the Margaritaville Foods bus." So, it's possible that the CRB will be there at some point during the 5-7 PM time frame.
JLL is allowing the M-ville bus in????????

ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH BEST...SONG...EVER!!
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Chill the rose

Post by ScarletB »

Carolinadreamin' wrote:
Saltx3 wrote:

Hmm, I wonder if that's going to be for all the venues now?
GW - 7/19
Great Northern MOTM - 7/20-21
Hershey Labor Day Weekend Show - 8/29
MOTM - Oct 28
Carolinadreamin'

Bfan53again wrote:
Carolinadreamin' wrote:
Saltx3 wrote:

JLL is allowing the M-ville bus in????????
I bet that the bus is going to be parked where the "side stages" are located. Right near the $13 beer and other outrageously priced food........ :-?
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Pinot Noir in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO"
allucaneatbuffett
I have found me a home

Post by allucaneatbuffett »

Well, it's official. I am going to be missing the Buffett show this year. :(

While I did debate long and hard about going anyway, I had just decided to say "WTF" and go, despite the tailgating policy. But then it was announced my son had an option ice hockey preseason tournament in PA this weekend. He begged me to take him, so guess what, he wins. I couldn't say no. Luckily I didn't pay for the tickets yet.

I look forward to hearing from all the go'ers to Jiffy Lube about how the show was, and how the no tailgating and parking situation went.

I am wondering though if it may turn out for the better. Looks like 'ol Irene the Hurricane is going to hit the US east coast late this week and ride on up. IF so, the timing may make the Buffett show a soaker. We'll see.

For all of you going, have fun. And remember, try very hard not to spend one dime on concessions.
TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

ScarletB wrote:
Carolinadreamin' wrote:
Saltx3 wrote:

Hmm, I wonder if that's going to be for all the venues now?
At GW they did the signing at the Bus......not sure at Jones Beach!!....they might not of due to Ralph was there and they had a closed door with him!!
Carolinadreamin'

Here was the word on last night's Kid Rock concert at JLL:

"Kid Rock is on stage reaming Jiffy Lube Live for No Tailgating and 10 dollar beers... called it bullsh*t... said he won't be back. Said he couldn't figure out why tickets were so light when last night they 22,000... called JLL greedy. That rocks Kid!!!"

Go Kid Rock!!!!
Hockey Mon
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Anything with a guitar in it
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: The one that's free
Location: On the far side of the Washington Capitals rink in VA

Post by Hockey Mon »

Carolinadreamin' wrote:Here was the word on last night's Kid Rock concert at JLL:

"Kid Rock is on stage reaming Jiffy Lube Live for No Tailgating and 10 dollar beers... called it bullsh*t... said he won't be back. Said he couldn't figure out why tickets were so light when last night they 22,000... called JLL greedy. That rocks Kid!!!"

Go Kid Rock!!!!
He does call it like he see's it.
Twenty degrees and the hockey games on...
Carolinadreamin'

Here's one more comment that is worth listening to:

"The DUI checkpoints going in at f'n 5:30 were crazy, I can understand afterwards, but geesh! Think we'll head to Pittsburgh next time. Great show though!"

Pay attention pholks! Checkpoints GOING IN!!!!! Have a DD!!!! It s*cks now.......it'll s*ck way worse if you're arrested! :o
parrothead216
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Come Monday

Post by parrothead216 »

Carolinadreamin' wrote:Here's one more comment that is worth listening to:

"The DUI checkpoints going in at f'n 5:30 were crazy, I can understand afterwards, but geesh! Think we'll head to Pittsburgh next time. Great show though!"

Pay attention pholks! Checkpoints GOING IN!!!!! Have a DD!!!! It s*cks now.......it'll s*ck way worse if you're arrested! :o
The check points going in don't reflect on the alcohol the venue is selling!! If your drunk going in the venue has nothing to do with it.....Blossom here in Ohio has been doing this for years.
:o :o
BUFFETTING: The act of leaving reality and going off to see Jimmy Buffett!

Mr. Webster, we have a NEW definition!