FinLand Flags...cheaper and faster

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

timmydahutt
Southeast of disorder
Number of Concerts: 0

FinLand Flags...cheaper and faster

Post by timmydahutt »

I've had numerous requests for more flags, so I'm willing to put in another order. The other guy wouldn't deal with us the last time, so I found a guy that made awesome flags for us cheap and quick. I had them 3 days after placing the order. They are top notch quality. probably better than I thought they'd be. I'm not afraid to post what mine cost, so you know what you are getting into. If I can get 30 orders the cost will be $35 per flag. I've already gotten about 10 orders. Yes, I sold a few of these on ebay and made pretty good $$ on them only because I had some people tell me they wanted 3 or 4 and then cut their orders down to 2, so I had a few extras the first time around.

So, email me if you are interested. When I get 30 commitments I'll place the order. My email is timmydahutt@aol.com.

Thanks,
Tim
Just livin' my life like a song.......

FinnsU.P.
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: The one I'm listening to...
Favorite Boat Drink: single malt scotch, neat

Re: FinLand Flags...cheaper and faster

Post by FinnsU.P. »

As I remember, Matt had just put in his third order when you came forward wanting to get in on the flags. I would guess he wasn't checking back on the thread at that time since he had just placed the order. You took offense and decided to do your own order. So be it, but I think this last post was very much uncalled for. And, by-the-way, Matt's had no complaints from anyone who got a flag about the price, timing, quality.
Tina
Knee deep in the water somewhere, only worry in the world is the tide gonna reach my chair?
"We can't control the wave, but we can learn to surf."

timmydahutt
Southeast of disorder

Post by timmydahutt »

I had a few people who ordered flags through me say that he would not help them either and BTW he never did respond to me. I find it surprising that prices, times, etc. are not posted. I put my stuff out there for anyone to decide. I'm not looking for friends or people to defend me. In Chicago we just get the job done and move on.

Whatever. It is what it is. I found a guy to do them at a great price and if people want them they can get them from me or him or go do them somewhere else.

Also, I'm sure you realize that when someone responds to a post you made or are part of one you get emailed about it. I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

Tim

phjrsaunt
Social Buffettfly
Social Buffettfly
Favorite Buffett Song: Defying Gravity
Number of Concerts: 21
Favorite Boat Drink: coconut rum and...anything!

Post by phjrsaunt »

timmydahutt wrote:I had a few people who ordered flags through me say that he would not help them either and BTW he never did respond to me. I find it surprising that prices, times, etc. are not posted. I put my stuff out there for anyone to decide. I'm not looking for friends or people to defend me. In Chicago we just get the job done and move on.

Whatever. It is what it is. I found a guy to do them at a great price and if people want them they can get them from me or him or go do them somewhere else.

Also, I'm sure you realize that when someone responds to a post you made or are part of one you get emailed about it. I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

Tim
As I mentioned in NYCPORT's current thread, the other moderators and I expect all posts to be of a respectful nature. I'm sorry for whatever occurred. As far as I'm aware, none of the moderators are aware of any problems from PORT's previous orders.

My love is staying an anchor tied to you with that silver chain.

FinnsU.P.
Hoot!

Post by FinnsU.P. »

phjrsaunt wrote:
timmydahutt wrote:I had a few people who ordered flags through me say that he would not help them either and BTW he never did respond to me. I find it surprising that prices, times, etc. are not posted. I put my stuff out there for anyone to decide. I'm not looking for friends or people to defend me. In Chicago we just get the job done and move on.

Tim
As I mentioned in NYCPORT's current thread, the other moderators and I expect all posts to be of a respectful nature. I'm sorry for whatever occurred. As far as I'm aware, none of the moderators are aware of any problems from PORT's previous orders.
That's because there were no problems, Auntie. He just came in wanting a flag right after Matt's third, and supposedly last, order and was angry that he wasn't responded to immediately.
Tina
Knee deep in the water somewhere, only worry in the world is the tide gonna reach my chair?

FinnsU.P.
Hoot!

Post by FinnsU.P. »

Tim
Look carefully at your preferences. You can choose to NOT be emailed when someone responds to a post. I have.
Time for a little BN homework before accusations are made. As far as "putting stuff out there" goes, all I had to do was PM Matt and I got all the info I needed within hours. He's someone most of us have seen around here for years and know we can trust.
Tina

timmydahutt
Southeast of disorder

Post by timmydahutt »

@FinnsU.P.

Congrats....hope that made you feel better. I guess I'm "helping" people on here now too. It's like therapy for you guys. Maybe some of you are so lost in this fantasy world you need someone to vent on a little bit. I'm here for you bro. Just let it all out.

I'm sure the moderators will be glad you kept this going.

Tim

SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice/Lovely Cruise
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum Runner

Post by SMLCHNG »

Really? All this fuss and negative attitudes over a flag>? [smilie=nope.gif] C'mon boys and girls. Big picture time.

timmydahutt
Southeast of disorder

Post by timmydahutt »

OK, we are getting closer to ordering. Anyone else want a great flag quick and cheap?

Let me know ASAP. Looking to place the order next week.

Thanks,
Tim

Tiki Bar
Thank God the Tiki Torch Still Shines
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour / Tin Cup Chalice medley!
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Friends don't let friends drink tequila! Beer me!

Post by Tiki Bar »

A sign hanging in my office:

"We have no quarrel with the man who has a lower price.
He knows better than anyone what his service is worth."

I cannot speak from experience in regards to the flags timmydahutt is ordering and sending out. However, I can say that his demeanor has put me off from the get-go, and his actions are in bad form.

I think it was wonderful that NYCPort originally sought out interest from BNers for flag orders, found a supplier to produce them, and took orders for a substantial amount of time. The thread was 'out there' for all to see, and he took care of everyone who wanted one. The flags turned out great, and his customers shared their appreciation of his efforts, so he generously offered to place another order if there was enough interest, which there was. Again, happy customers abound. So he offered to place one last order, and again, everyone was happy.

Then timmydahutt came along, and was upset that he missed out on THREE CHANCES to order a flag from NYCPort. Sorry, but you snooze, you lose. There is absolutely NO REASON to throw a virtual hissy fit or say a single negative word about NYCPort just because you missed out on ample opportunities to order a flag from him. If you wanted to go out on your own to order flags, that's fine, I guess, if you did so peacefully and amicably. But with your negative spin, it just seemed rude to me.

And here we are now... there was STILL interest in NYCPort's flags, so he again generously threw it out there for one last final finland flag order. For you to come in at the same time, badmouth him, claim to be cheaper and faster, and solicit orders? That's just WRONG. The first time you were fulfilling a need because there wasn't another source, so I guess it was ok. But now... I don't know whether you're doing it out of spite, greed, or both, but it's WRONG.

Shame on you, timmydahutt. And shame on anyone who orders from you this go-round.

By the way, I was in on the 2nd order from NYCPort. My flag arrived perfectly fast, it looks amazing, and I did not pay a cent more than timmydahutt is 'advertising' in his first post. All I can guess it that by "cheaper", he meant cheaper (inferior) as opposed to less expensive.
You’re still grinning, we’re still winning, nothing left to say
I’m still gliding as I go flying down this endless wave

Bicycle Bill
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris
Number of Concerts: 1
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything with rum and pineapple juice!

Post by Bicycle Bill »

+2, Tiki Bar.
-"BB"-
"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead."
"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic, but I've had a good life all the way."

timmydahutt
Southeast of disorder

Post by timmydahutt »

WOW...Tiki Bar, I've actually met you before and don't live too far from you as I saw you drive by me in your mini van by Gurnee Mills not long ago, but you have lost all my respect and probably some from the moderators on this site that you seem to thrive on.

No sweat off my back. You can have your large opinion and live with it. I may have put down a snob from NY for ignoring me and a few of the people who bought through me, but for you to pile on after the moderators politely asked all of you to stop shows the kind of supporters NYCPORT has.

Keep casting stones people...you are just proving my point on the types of people we knew we were dealing with.

Tim

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

timmydahutt wrote:In Chicago we just get the job done and move on.
Then STFU and move on. :roll:
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here

timmydahutt
Southeast of disorder

Post by timmydahutt »

LIPH wrote:
timmydahutt wrote:In Chicago we just get the job done and move on.
Then STFU and move on. :roll:
NICE....keep proving my point. Anyone else with better etiquette?

Nighthawk
I gotta go where it's warm
Favorite Buffett Song: Defying Gravity
Number of Concerts: 29
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum with a splash of coke

Post by Nighthawk »

I have a sign in my office in both ENGLISH and MEXICAN'T

"Life is hard; its harder when you're stupid."

If you can get a better deal why not take it? It's a tough world out there, and everyone can use a couple extra bucks
Did you hear the one about me being a punk?
Did you hear the one about me being a drunk?
Did you hear the one about me losing my nerve?
Or how I'm just another f**** sheep in the herd?
Did you hear the one about me giving a s***?
Cause if I ever did I don't remember it.

SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice/Lovely Cruise
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum Runner

Post by SMLCHNG »

CHILL OUT, NOW!!!! :evil: :roll:

Dutch Harbor PH
Under My Lone Palm
Number of Concerts: 35
Favorite Boat Drink: GROG!!!!!
Location: Not the end of the earth, but on a clear day you can see it

Post by Dutch Harbor PH »

....... Can I have extra lime in my Margarita....and OH...please pass the popcorn....!!!! :o :o :o :o :D :D :D :D
Attitude: The difference between ordeal and adventure
Scars are Tattoos with really good stories
No matter where ya go....There you are.
Come Back, Come Back.....to the South Bering Sea Islands....

IrishPirate
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: CILCIA and far to many to mention here
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: margaritas, pina coladas, 7&7

Post by IrishPirate »

Lanyards???? [smilie=noeyedear-shrugging.gif]

SeattleParrotHead
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: Island, 12v Man
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: Mai Tais @ Dukes

Post by SeattleParrotHead »

There's a flag on the play . . . .

ImageImage

I know the voices aren't real but sometimes they have really good ideas...
SPH

BahamaBreeze
At the Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Shots of good tequila

Post by BahamaBreeze »

SMLCHNG wrote:Really? All this fuss and negative attitudes over a flag>? [smilie=nope.gif] C'mon boys and girls. Big picture time.
Really! Don't sweat the small stuff...from someone who knows!