Jimmy plays MOTM on Duval Street

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

capnbobby
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Favorite Buffett Song: Trying to Reason with Hurricane Season
Number of Concerts: 28
Favorite Boat Drink: Bacardi 8 anos

Re: Jimmy plays MOTM on Duval Street

Post by capnbobby »

The street party on Duval was the worst behaved crowd I've ever seen. Still, I found ways to enjoy Jimmy's performance. A man and his wife pushed their way into the crowd; forty five minutes later, the man was irate--explosive--because other people were doing exactly what he did forty five minutes ago. During "Woman Gone Crazy on Caroline Street," a fist fight broke out fifteen feet away from us in front of Banana Republic. One of the fighters was a man who must have been in his sixties. By the end of the fight, he was covered in blood, bleeding from under both eyes, his shirt covered in blood. He walked back through the crowd that way. For me, a couple of songs got lost along the way. I don't have a skill set to enjoy "Woman Gone Crazy" when their is a fist fight fifteen feet away from me. However, I enjoyed most of the songs, and "Nautical Wheelers" and "Last Mango" were magical for me, seeing them performed by Jimmy and a great band on Duval Street in Key West, Fla.

8) Fins Up 8)
Cap'n Bobby

Carolinadreamin'
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 42
Favorite Boat Drink: Painkiller

Post by Carolinadreamin' »

capnbobby wrote:The street party on Duval was the worst behaved crowd I've ever seen. Still, I found ways to enjoy Jimmy's performance. A man and his wife pushed their way into the crowd; forty five minutes later, the man was irate--explosive--because other people were doing exactly what he did forty five minutes ago. During "Woman Gone Crazy on Caroline Street," a fist fight broke out fifteen feet away from us in front of Banana Republic. One of the fighters was a man who must have been in his sixties. By the end of the fight, he was covered in blood, bleeding from under both eyes, his shirt covered in blood. He walked back through the crowd that way. For me, a couple of songs got lost along the way. I don't have a skill set to enjoy "Woman Gone Crazy" when their is a fist fight fifteen feet away from me. However, I enjoyed most of the songs, and "Nautical Wheelers" and "Last Mango" were magical for me, seeing them performed by Jimmy and a great band on Duval Street in Key West, Fla.

8) Fins Up 8)
Cap'n Bobby

I wonder what thoughts were going through Jimmy and the band's heads while they were singing WGCOCS! He was looking over in that direction for most of the concert. :o
'17-CHS
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Pinot Noir in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO"

Summerlover
Fruitcake
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Vodka and lime

Post by Summerlover »

Carolinadreamin' wrote:
capnbobby wrote:The street party on Duval was the worst behaved crowd I've ever seen. Still, I found ways to enjoy Jimmy's performance. A man and his wife pushed their way into the crowd; forty five minutes later, the man was irate--explosive--because other people were doing exactly what he did forty five minutes ago. During "Woman Gone Crazy on Caroline Street," a fist fight broke out fifteen feet away from us in front of Banana Republic. One of the fighters was a man who must have been in his sixties. By the end of the fight, he was covered in blood, bleeding from under both eyes, his shirt covered in blood. He walked back through the crowd that way. For me, a couple of songs got lost along the way. I don't have a skill set to enjoy "Woman Gone Crazy" when their is a fist fight fifteen feet away from me. However, I enjoyed most of the songs, and "Nautical Wheelers" and "Last Mango" were magical for me, seeing them performed by Jimmy and a great band on Duval Street in Key West, Fla.

8) Fins Up 8)
Cap'n Bobby

I wonder what thoughts were going through Jimmy and the band's heads while they were singing WGCOCS! He was looking over in that direction for most of the concert. :o
Wow, I was a little disappointed we didn't get there early and vie for the "up close" spot. Been there before so we thought we'd let others enjoy that magical moment. We were on Fleming and now glad we just settled in on Fleming and enjoyed from our roost. It was fantastic wasn't it.

All in all there were more good than bad on the streets that day but boy when someone was bad they were just way bad.

It was my first look baby that's all it took

ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH BEST...SONG...EVER!!
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Chill the rose

Post by ScarletB »

Despite having cut things short I'm still coughing and hacking here in the snow. But here are some pics from Streetfest

GW - 7/19
Great Northern MOTM - 7/20-21
Hershey Labor Day Weekend Show - 8/29
MOTM - Oct 28

dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw »

Great photos, ScarletB. Hope you feel better soon.

Debbie

conched
Last Man Standing

Post by conched »

Sweet!!!!

Thanks so much! Hope you are doing better, Pam.

ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ScarletB »

dnw wrote:Great photos, ScarletB. Hope you feel better soon.
Russ has it too, I started feeling crummy on Thursday, pulled out a good day for Streetfest and then left. Really bummed me out to feel so crappy when I'd looked forward to it for so long!

But the pix came out good! Sorry I didn't get to see you guys again to even say goodbye, but Russ was headed home on Sunday and could give me a ride to Ft Myers where I did some recuperating, but still feeling the after effects.
GW - 7/19
MOTM - Oct 28

dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw »

Well, we are looking forward to seeing you in Tampa. :D

Debbie

ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ScarletB »

dnw wrote:Well, we are looking forward to seeing you in Tampa. :D

The minute he puts out the dates! :D I've also realized I HAVE to go back to MOTM next year because I didn't enjoy this one very much since I started feeling sick before it even really started, a no sleep, late nights out situation isn't the best remedy. Was happy to get a reprieve on Friday for Streetfest!
GW - 7/19
MOTM - Oct 28

tigzoe
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: It's My Job
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything with alcohol

Post by tigzoe »

Hope you are feeling better, Pam. And nice pics! He looked like he was having a blast!
"That which is around me does not affect my mood; my mood affects that which is around me."

Tiki Bar
Thank God the Tiki Torch Still Shines
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour / Tin Cup Chalice medley!
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Friends don't let friends drink tequila! Beer me!

Post by Tiki Bar »

Hope you feel better soon! Thanks for sharing the pictures!

The man with the million dollar smile!

(or is that million dollar margaritaville smile?)
You’re still grinning, we’re still winning, nothing left to say
I’m still gliding as I go flying down this endless wave

alaura1974
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: Depends on the day!
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum, Pama in diet squirt

Post by alaura1974 »

I have a whole bunch of pictures on my facebook page if anyone wants to see them!!
http://facebook.com/​alaura1974

Great time, great set list!!!!!

dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw »

Thanks, Laura.

Debbie

Karacal
Party at the End of the World
Number of Concerts: 31
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum & Diet Coke

Post by Karacal »

LOVE the pictures, Pam!! Hope you're feeling better!!
Barbara

Image Image