Page 1 of 3

What Are Some Good Online Radio Stations

Posted: January 18, 2012 11:26 am
by MargaritaMatt
I listen to RM and to Pandora and to No Shoes Radio. Anything else out there I am missing that I should catch with a Jimmy Vibe? Any iheartradio stations I should listen too, or Pandora ones?

Re: What Are Some Good Online Radio Stations

Posted: January 18, 2012 11:36 am
by lime rickie

Re: What Are Some Good Online Radio Stations

Posted: January 18, 2012 12:17 pm
by MargaritaMatt
Funny you say that, listening to it right now. I knew of it, but first time I have listened to it. Could use a little more Marley and a little less Beach Boys. but i dig it.

Re: What Are Some Good Online Radio Stations

Posted: January 18, 2012 12:42 pm
by C-Dawg
While I'm a big fan of Beach Front Radio, I sometimes like to mix it up and listen to other radio stations....here are a few....

http://www.palapamacradio.com

http://us1radio.com/

http://conchrepublicradio.com/

http://radiojimmydreamz.com/

http://www.seafaring.com/radio/index.htm

http://pvradio.com/

http://southernmostradio.net/

and thru my smart phone I also listen to WPCF -AM radio 1290 out of Panama City FL. I use the App "Tune In Radio" which also allows me to listen to Radio Margaritaville and Beach Front Radio. I also know Live 365 has a few Tropical stations you might like...

Enjoy! :D

Re: What Are Some Good Online Radio Stations

Posted: January 18, 2012 1:16 pm
by z-man
a second vote for radiojimmiedreamz(now island dreamz) and beachfront radio.

several good troprock stations on live 365 (live 365 app is free)
In addition to Island Dreamz and Beachfront:
Island Tunes
Permanent Vacation
Trop Rock Radio

Re: What Are Some Good Online Radio Stations

Posted: January 18, 2012 3:17 pm
by PedalPusher
Beachfront Radio's pretty darn good, even though I have no idea how to get them to play my song "Savannah Jane", which
is for sale along with every other Trop Rocker's works at Beachfront's Music Hut....

More specifically http://www.beachfrontradio.com/uncledean.cfm
Sorry for the shameless self promotion... but for 99 cents I promise that you will not have "Buyer's Remorse".
And... If you find an online way to request songs for broadcast... lemme know !!!

Re: What Are Some Good Online Radio Stations

Posted: January 18, 2012 3:35 pm
by STL Parrot
You can make requests for Beachfront Radio on their Facebook page.

Re: What Are Some Good Online Radio Stations

Posted: January 18, 2012 5:15 pm
by conched
I just found The Shore using the TuneIn app on my iPhone.

(search for Buffett)

Re: What Are Some Good Online Radio Stations

Posted: January 18, 2012 5:18 pm
by conched

Re: What Are Some Good Online Radio Stations

Posted: January 18, 2012 5:20 pm
by buffettbride
I do Slacker radio quite a bit. Similar to Pandora, but I like it better.

Re: What Are Some Good Online Radio Stations

Posted: January 18, 2012 5:48 pm
by catsway
Beachfront Radio has pretty cool tshirts too.

Re: What Are Some Good Online Radio Stations

Posted: January 20, 2012 6:52 am
by C-Dawg
PedalPusher wrote:Beachfront Radio's pretty darn good, even though I have no idea how to get them to play my song "Savannah Jane", which
is for sale along with every other Trop Rocker's works at Beachfront's Music Hut....

More specifically http://www.beachfrontradio.com/uncledean.cfm
Sorry for the shameless self promotion... but for 99 cents I promise that you will not have "Buyer's Remorse".
And... If you find an online way to request songs for broadcast... lemme know !!!
I heard you play "Savannah Jane" a couple of times at Kelly McGuire's Courtyard shows at MoTM....loved it!

Re: What Are Some Good Online Radio Stations

Posted: January 20, 2012 4:48 pm
by Bob Roberts

Re: What Are Some Good Online Radio Stations

Posted: January 21, 2012 9:36 am
by Bfan53again
C-Dawg wrote:While I'm a big fan of Beach Front Radio, I sometimes like to mix it up and listen to other radio stations....here are a few....

http://www.palapamacradio.com

http://us1radio.com/

http://conchrepublicradio.com/

http://radiojimmydreamz.com/

http://www.seafaring.com/radio/index.htm

http://pvradio.com/

http://southernmostradio.net/

and thru my smart phone I also listen to WPCF -AM radio 1290 out of Panama City FL. I use the App "Tune In Radio" which also allows me to listen to Radio Margaritaville and Beach Front Radio. I also know Live 365 has a few Tropical stations you might like...

Enjoy! :D
Thanks for the links, Chris...... :pirate:

Re: What Are Some Good Online Radio Stations

Posted: January 22, 2012 8:31 pm
by JollyMon66
I read the thread title and was thinking "Classic Vinyl" but then realized that's satellite so I have nothing to add to what's posted. Classic Vinyl is a pretty good station though :lol:

Re: What Are Some Good Online Radio Stations

Posted: January 24, 2012 7:32 pm
by TropicalTroubador
PedalPusher wrote:Beachfront Radio's pretty darn good, even though I have no idea how to get them to play my song "Savannah Jane", which
is for sale along with every other Trop Rocker's works at Beachfront's Music Hut....

More specifically http://www.beachfrontradio.com/uncledean.cfm
Sorry for the shameless self promotion... but for 99 cents I promise that you will not have "Buyer's Remorse".
And... If you find an online way to request songs for broadcast... lemme know !!!
Actually, it works better to have someone *else* request it. :)

I'm just sayin'.

Re: What Are Some Good Online Radio Stations

Posted: January 25, 2012 7:34 am
by Bfan53again
JollyMon66 wrote:I read the thread title and was thinking "Classic Vinyl" but then realized that's satellite so I have nothing to add to what's posted. Classic Vinyl is a pretty good station though :lol:
Agreed......and "Classic Rewind" right next door on Sirius/XM is a fav, too.

Re: What Are Some Good Online Radio Stations

Posted: February 5, 2012 11:54 pm
by mjeischen
There is also Big Burrito Radio. They are friends of mine and have some of our favorite trop rock artists on during the show.

They can be heard live on Saturday mornings 10am CST at http://www.lewisu.edu/wlra/

Big Burrito Radio is also available for Download as a podcast on Itunes.

I've been fortunate enough to be "On The Air" filling in for missing persons in the studio and they've broadcast live from my tailgate in Chicago.

While they are located just outside of Chicago they've been very good about supporting ALL Trop Rock events an ALL Trop Rock related artists. In fact the Trop Rocker you will hear least on the station is the Trop Rocker who gave birth to the show and has since turned it over to Mad Marty.

It's a great show with a loose and conversational type format that will have interviews with musicians and even a Reefer from time to time. Marty also has a knack for capturing great live performances from many of Trop Rocks finest.

I personally wish they could get it off of a university radio station and get something of their own on the Internet.

Highly Recommend!

Re: What Are Some Good Online Radio Stations

Posted: February 6, 2012 12:53 am
by docandjeanie
z-man wrote:a second vote for radiojimmiedreamz(now island dreamz) and beachfront radio.

several good troprock stations on live 365 (live 365 app is free)
In addition to Island Dreamz and Beachfront:
Island Tunes
Permanent Vacation
Trop Rock Radio
I second all of these too, and add the WWW.WNYSHORERADIO.COM

and www.wbwc.com Island times radio Monday night 10pm to 1am. ( they always have a few giveaways too)

Re: What Are Some Good Online Radio Stations

Posted: February 7, 2012 11:49 am
by mh65fm
Wow, I have a lot to listen to now!