Billboard published highest paid Musicians for 2013

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

sylvanhead
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Billboard published highest paid Musicians for 2013

Post by sylvanhead »

And Jimmy Buffett was not on the list. Really? 40-something shows last year ?? Anyone know what's going on here?
I shot 6 holes in my freezer....

surfpirate
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: African Friend
Number of Concerts: 98

Re: Billboard published highest paid Musicians for 2013

Post by surfpirate »

You'll get more comments and opinions if you offer some context and a link.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/list/ ... akers-2013

2013 Money Makers Methodology
The data used to compile Moneymakers was supplied by Nielsen SoundScan, Nielsen BDS, YouTube and Billboard Boxscore. Artists are ranked by U.S. earnings, and Billboard calculated a variety of income streams, including touring, recorded-music sales, publishing royalties and revenue from an array of digital music and video services for downloads, as well as on-demand and noninteractive streaming. Due to a lack of sufficient data, our figures don't include revenue from sponsorships, merchandise sales or synchronization data.
For album and track sales, we assumed a royalty rate of 20% of retail, minus producers' fees. We treated all streaming revenue as derived from a licensing deal and thus split that revenue in half to calculate the artist's take. We also applied corresponding statutory mechanical rates for album and track sales and the Copyright Royalty Board-approved formulas or rates used for the various streaming channels, and further estimated the share of songs written by the artists. For all artist revenue, we subtracted a manager's fee of 10%. For box office, we credited each artist with 34% of gross receipts, typically what's left after the promoter's fee, the artist manager's cut and other costs are subtracted.

#1 Madonna $34,577,308.62
#2 Bruce Springsteen $33,443,606.64
#10 Justin Bieber $15,944,293.10

#21 Neil Diamond $10,498,985.38
Diamond's physical album sales topped 400,000 in the United States, and he registered 661,641 track downloads, but the newly crowned Billboard Legend of Live remains a touring powerhouse, selling out the big rooms in 2012.
#22 Trans-Siberian Orchestra $9,959,362.28
The multi-unit touring entity known as TSO has become a blockbuster holiday-season brand, annually finishing among the top-ranked tours in a short window of opportunity. That said, the band also moves product, with nearly 400,000 units sold in the United States in 2012.
#26 The Rolling Stones $9,276,084.10
American rock fans bought a robust 1.8 million digital tracks by the Rolling Stones in 2012. The Stones own rock's most beloved catalog, and that's why five shows‹yes, just five‹grossed $21.6 million as fans opened their wallets to celebrate the band's 50th anniversary.
"There are no stupid questions. But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots."
BNCRITTERS.COM | TWITTER | FACEBOOK | SURF SHOP |

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Re: Billboard published highest paid Musicians for 2013

Post by LIPH »

There are a lot of musicians who are more popular, sell more records, do more shows and play bigger venues than Buffett. He may have done 40 shows last year but for a lot of artists that's about 3 months work, maybe less.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here