Yet another ticket buying complaint...

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

spucketts
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Favorite Buffett Song: Like I could pick just one
Number of Concerts: 18
Favorite Boat Drink: Frozen Margarita w salt, salt, salt

Yet another ticket buying complaint...

Post by spucketts »

...against ticketmaster or livenation or whomever is manipulating the Atlanta show. I have a curious nature and since having bought tickets the first day I've gone back several times to checked and see what else might be available, maybe help some friends get tickets. When the tickets first went on sale I went for "best available" and it came back with lawns, "Gee, all the reserved sure went fast, less than 3 minutes". I threw them back and for the next half hour or so pulled reserved in the 200 (back) sections. Finally at 10:35 or so the "best available" were a pair in the middle of the front (100) section. Cool-buy-done-happy!

Well, since I've heard they were selling the rear rows of the rear sections at lawn prices, $35 vs $136, but when I looked, as now halfway through the sale period the ticket site has gone from "best available" to the "see what seats are open and pick your own" foremat, none of the $35 seats were available and it was that way for weeks.

However this morning things have changed again, with few exceptions just about every seat in the rear four center sections is now available at $35. I've got friends that would have bought some weeks ago at this price but now can't get the time off from work since the show is only a coupla weeks away. And if I had bought one of the $136 tickets just in front of a row that was selling for only $35, I'd be quite ticked off.

I guess some might say I should just be happy with the seats I got, and I am, I just feel the need to point out that there is a lot of manipulation going on by someone and "best available" really means nothing. (My appologies for boring everyone with yet another ticket buying rant....)
LiveandletLiver
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Favorite Buffett Song: I'll get back to you on this
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Diet Coke (sucks don't it)

Re: Yet another ticket buying complaint...

Post by LiveandletLiver »

This is probably on the venue. They release the blocks of tickets to the brokers and probably do manipulate the sales.

I wanted to take my wife to the Millinium show at Universal but the tickets were $1,000 and $500 which I refused to pay. A few days before the show sales were so poor they dropped good seats to $100 and we went. It happens...
AlbatrossFlyer
Schoolboy heart & a license to fly
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by AlbatrossFlyer »

It's called demand pricing. Same thing the airlines do with their ticket pricing.

I'd feel bad for you, but I have no soul.....

If you can't do it with brains, you won't do it with hours - Kelly Johnson
spucketts
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Favorite Buffett Song: Like I could pick just one
Number of Concerts: 18
Favorite Boat Drink: Frozen Margarita w salt, salt, salt

Post by spucketts »

AlbatrossFlyer wrote:It's called demand pricing. Same thing the airlines do with their ticket pricing.
I don't know of any airline that blocks some 25% of their seats from sale so that it drives purchures to buy crap seats at higher prices and if they are it's deceptive. It's not a function of demand, they're controling the supply side creating false shortages. They put around 1500 center section seats on sale that they said were not available yesterday.
buffettbride
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 5
Favorite Boat Drink: Cuba Libre

Post by buffettbride »

It must s*ck getting a show in your home town.
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

buffettbride wrote:It must s*ck getting a show in your home town.
Now that I moved, I know how you feel. :lol:
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here