CILCIA: Did Anyone Notice . . .

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

capnbobby
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Favorite Buffett Song: Trying to Reason with Hurricane Season
Number of Concerts: 28
Favorite Boat Drink: Bacardi 8 anos

CILCIA: Did Anyone Notice . . .

Post by capnbobby »

Did anyone notice that, unless I'm mistaken, JB didn't play "Changes in Latitudes" last night in Nasheville. I can't remember the last time that happened.

Wow!
Cap'n Bobby

ph4ever
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: CILCIA or OPH
Number of Concerts: 299
Favorite Boat Drink: Rhum with my Chum or beer

Re: CILCIA: Did Anyone Notice . . .

Post by ph4ever »

Yes I noticed. I was kinda sad because it holds a special place in my heart, but overall it was an excellent set list last night.
Well...(said in my best Bubba voice) I've been on sabbatical.

I lost my cat :cry: Nevermind I found her!!! [smilie=battingeyes.gif]

PeretHed66
Havana Daydreamin'
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Pacifico

Post by PeretHed66 »

I did notice, and it didn't bother me a bit. Now, if he could drop "5 O'Clock...." as well, he might be on to something.

Saltx3
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 22
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

where any of the pre-concert street party videos shown on the big screen last night?
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda

Saltx3
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by Saltx3 »

where any of the pre-concert street party videos shown on the big screen last night?
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda

jbfinscj
Lester Polyester
Favorite Buffett Song: Floridays, Tin Cup Chalice, Prince of Tides, Tides, Earles Dead
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Coconut Rum

Post by jbfinscj »

Saltx3 wrote:where any of the pre-concert street party videos shown on the big screen last night?

Please somebody answer her already before she posts this a fourth time!!! :D Just because your name is saltx3 DOES NOT mean you need to post the same thing three times in a row. We have had this discussion before Linda, don't make me send you back to "multiple repetitive post" rehab.
I'm back to livin' Floridays
Blue skies and ultra-violet rays

lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

jbfinscj wrote:
Saltx3 wrote:where any of the pre-concert street party videos shown on the big screen last night?

Please somebody answer her already before she posts this a fourth time!!! :D Just because your name is saltx3 DOES NOT mean you need to post the same thing three times in a row. We have had this discussion before Linda, don't make me send you back to "multiple repetitive post" rehab.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I dunno, I do like CILCIA and it was one of my earliest JB tunes on the jukebox at a Jersey shore tavern (okay it was a dive). I would certainly have rather that stayed and that new karaoke [cough] tune [cough] never been added.

So nice to hear Ringling Ringling and La Vie Dansante. Loved the Mark Knopfler cover, too.
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: LivingstonsGone2TX MeetMeinMemphis Winoandiknow CowboyIntheJungle
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Ice Cold Loaded Landshark

Post by FinsUp6835 »

Solid show.
Maybe it was the beer listening but did Jimmy hint at playing in NJ at Margaritaville during cultural infidel?! "I'll see you in jersey, at margaritaville.. .only time will tell"

Did anyone else catch that or was I too high on ales?
"Tragedies very often become comedies, and they better become comedies real fast or else you're in a lot of trouble..." - Jimmy, 1978.

Bucarader
If we weren't all crazy ...
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 18
Favorite Boat Drink: Mojito

Post by Bucarader »

I listened to the show last night and I will say that the setlist was very weak and dissapointing. Lage Nome (sp?) is not one of his songs that I particularly want to hear live. I'd be thrilled if All Night Long was cut out as well. It is crazy that CILCIA was not played.

I hope his set list improves before Austin, but that was kind of weak.

And where was Mishka?
Don't try to describe the ocean if you've never seen it.

tigzoe
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: It's My Job
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything with alcohol

Post by tigzoe »

jbfinscj wrote:

"That which is around me does not affect my mood; my mood affects that which is around me."

surfpirate
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: African Friend
Number of Concerts: 98

Post by surfpirate »

CILCIA was likely dropped only for Nashville so he could do a tribute song for George Jones.
My guess is it will be firmly back in the rotation "Come Tuesday" ....
"There are no stupid questions. But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots."
BNCRITTERS.COM | TWITTER | FACEBOOK | SURF SHOP |

SchoolGirlHeart
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by SchoolGirlHeart »

surfpirate wrote:CILCIA was likely dropped only for Nashville so he could do a tribute song for George Jones.
My guess is it will be firmly back in the rotation "Come Tuesday" ....
Good chance, I'd say. Besides, with the rain I don't imagine there was a wealth of good pre-concert video...
Carry on as you know they would want you to do. ~~JB, dedication to Tim Russert

Take your time
Find your passion
Life goes on until it ends
Don’t stop living
Until then

~~Mac McAnally

sistergoldenhair
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: salty piece of land
Number of Concerts: 14
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita on rocks lots of salt

Post by sistergoldenhair »

lime rickie wrote:
jbfinscj wrote:

I dunno, I do like CILCIA and it was one of my earliest JB tunes on the jukebox at a Jersey shore tavern (okay it was a dive). I would certainly have rather that stayed and that new karaoke [cough] tune [cough] never been added.

So nice to hear Ringling Ringling and La Vie Dansante. Loved the Mark Knopfler cover, too.
Excuse me, Missy. I object to your disparaging remarks regarding jersey shore drinking establishments.
I'm just tryin to get by, being quiet and shy, in a world full of pushin and shove

lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

sistergoldenhair wrote:
lime rickie wrote:
jbfinscj wrote:

Excuse me, Missy. I object to your disparaging remarks regarding jersey shore drinking establishments.
Hah! This one was definitely a dive, in South Belmar. Oh, scuse me..Lake Como. 'Nuff said.

sistergoldenhair
Under My Lone Palm

lime rickie wrote:
sistergoldenhair wrote:
lime rickie wrote:
jbfinscj wrote:

I dunno, I do like CyILCIA and it was one of my earliest JB tunes on the jukebox at a Jersey shore tavern (okay it was a dive). I would certainly have rather that stayed and that new karaoke [cough] tune [cough] never been added.

Hah! This one was definitely a dive, in South Belmar. Oh, scuse me..Lake Como. 'Nuff said.
hmmm. Are we talking Club Bombay? Or perhaps the Green Parrot? The Headliner? Or Art Stock's Playpen South? Maybe D'Jai's?
I'm just tryin to get by, being quiet and shy, in a world full of pushin and shove

lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

sistergoldenhair wrote:
hmmm. Are we talking Club Bombay? Or perhaps the Green Parrot? The Headliner? Or Art Stock's Playpen South? Maybe D'Jai's?
Time Out Tavern. South 18th. [smilie=cheeky-grin.gif]

sistergoldenhair
Under My Lone Palm

lime rickie wrote:
sistergoldenhair wrote:
Wow. You found a bar in Belmar that I have not visited. Did you go to Club Spanky in Long Branch? That and Trade Winds were my two fave places back in the day .Oh, and another little place in Sea Bright on the river, by a marina.

lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

sistergoldenhair wrote:
lime rickie wrote:
sistergoldenhair wrote:
Wow. You found a bar in Belmar that I have not visited. Did you go to Club Spanky in Long Branch? That and Trade Winds were my two fave places back in the day .Oh, and another little place in Sea Bright on the river, by a marina.
This place was a true dive. No cover, cheap drinks. Right next door to Mary's Husband's Pub where they raced turtles and where I may have spent a dollar or two back in the day. [smilie=cheeky-grin.gif]

Hated Spankys and Trade Winds. Just not my scene. When I was in the Sea Bright area it was always The Cove. Loved Columns in Avon on Sunday afternoons. The Norwood with Paul Cilinski, too.

Saltx3
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by Saltx3 »

jbfinscj wrote:

Stinkin MAC.......and I'm thinking Kevin could use the break while I'm at rehab [smilie=cheeky-grin.gif]
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda

sistergoldenhair
Under My Lone Palm

lime rickie wrote:
sistergoldenhair wrote:
lime rickie wrote:
sistergoldenhair wrote:
This place was a true dive. No cover, cheap drinks. Right next door to Mary's Husband's Pub where they raced turtles and where I may have spent a dollar or two back in the day. [smilie=cheeky-grin.gif]

Hated Spankys and Trade Winds. Just not my scene. When I was in the Sea Bright area it was always The Cove. Loved Columns in Avon on Sunday afternoons. The Norwood with Paul Cilinski, too.
That's it! The Cove! Loved it cause they usually had country rock, like Cowtown! And the deck was awesome. Don't know if it survived Sandy. I don't go drinking in Sea Bright anymore. Too far to drive.