Done with Jones Beach

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

caroltz
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration
Number of Concerts: 25
Favorite Boat Drink: Dark & Stormy

Done with Jones Beach

Post by caroltz »

Well, it only takes one freakin' @sshole to ruin a wonderful time. Had a fantastic time at Jones Beach yesterday. Hubby and I made a lot of new friends while we wandered the parking lot, giving out 300+ jello shots. We always love our time at Jones Beach and look forward to it every year. No more........

When we came out of the show, we had to take our inflatable shark off the top of my beloved Jeep, because we noticed it looked a little lopsided and was deflating. Unusual as we put him on the roof every year and have never had to take him down for the ride home. Didn't think much of it until this morning when I looked out the dining room window, and down onto the driveway.

The length of the roof of my Jeep is caved in. We went outside to look at it up close and found sandy footprint on the back bumper, on top of the spare tire, something sticky spilled down the driver's door, and then scratches/scrapes on my hood and bug shield. Looks like an intoxicated reveler decided to climb up and ride the shark, and then slide down the windshield and off the front of my Jeep.

To say I'm phlucking livid is an understatement. I'm sitting here in tears, shaking with rage. Today will be spent cleaning out the Jeep, running it through the car wash, then going to a body shop to find out just how much it's going to cost me to get my roof fixed.

So sad, so angry, so senseless.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Carol

pupnpony
I gotta go where it's warm
Number of Concerts: 2

Re: Done with Jones Beach

Post by pupnpony »

Whoa :o From one Carol with a Jeep to another...that's horrible....

lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

A-holes. :x :x :x
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

citcat
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate Looks at 40
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: margarita

Post by citcat »

I don't blame you one bit for being thoroughly pizzed-off !!! There are total idiots everywhere, I HATE it when a few of them ruin it for the rest of us. :evil:
Maybe by next year, this will be a footnote, and you will remember the rest of your time at the tailgate/concert with fondness (and go back, regardless). We didn't bring our new vehicle to the tailgate at Cinci, and instead used our 2006 van.....we were afraid somebody would do something bad to our new one !!!
Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege.

dnw
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by dnw »

:evil: Sorry to hear this.

Debbie

PackerPhan
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: A Pirate Looks at 40
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Blue Moon Beer

Post by PackerPhan »

Is security or police supposed to be in the parking lots patrolling during the show? If so, I would complain to the venue and describe what happened and maybe you could be compensated for the damages. It might be a long shot but even if they did, it won't erase the bad taste in your mouth and experience. Sad that it happened.

urlcenter
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 6

Post by urlcenter »

You need to contact the venue ASAP and report what happened to them, their insurance might cover the repair to your roof, since you were parked on their property

Dr.Corona
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

I've got a shark fin that I've mounted on top of my vehicle at a few shows, but I NEVER leave it up once I go into the show. Always store it. It's secured quite well on the roof but if some jerk wants it they'd have to be quite destructive to get it, & I just don't trust that they care whether they're being destructive or not.

As you found out, only takes ONE Asshat to ruin a good thing. And with so much alcohol flowing at JB's tailgates, while most pholks keep their sh*t together the odds of there being multiple asshats in the parking lot is verrry high. :evil:
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image

sistergoldenhair
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: salty piece of land
Number of Concerts: 14
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita on rocks lots of salt

Post by sistergoldenhair »

I'm so sorry to hear about what happened to your jeep. I call my car my baby, so I get the emotions! Unfortunately people + lots of alcohol over the course of many hours sometimes results in this kind of behavior, but that doesn't justify it! Some nice lady gave me a green jello shot at the pau hana tiki bar -- might it have been you? Hope you return to Jones Beach next year in spite of what happened ...
I'm just tryin to get by, being quiet and shy, in a world full of pushin and shove

ParrotHeadInThe Making
License to Chill
Favorite Buffett Song: Tides
Number of Concerts: 17
Favorite Boat Drink: The drink that is in my hand

Post by ParrotHeadInThe Making »

I am so sorry that this happened to you. It takes one idiot to ruin an otherwise good time. If you haven't done this already I would call the venue ASAP and let someone know what happened since it happened on the venue property. I really hope that with time the fun that you had throughout the whole day will replace the disgusting thing that happened to your car and that you will go back to Jones Beach again. Unfortunately, you will find an a**hole or two in every crowd.
Liz Ulrich and guide dog Princess Hope
http://www.facebook.com/elizabeth.ulrich1

Here we are, maybe it's because in spite of all the work we do
It's the child in us we really value
Here we are, with our fins up and our feathers flashing
Here we are, with our coconut shell brassieres chanting

jbfins
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by jbfins »

My license plate was JB FINS. The front plate got stolen at Jones Beach about 11 years ago. Went back to the venue on Tuesday for the first time in 10 years and was not impressed at all. Will never go back.

Sorry to hear what happened.
"Some people never find it..."

caroltz
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration
Number of Concerts: 25
Favorite Boat Drink: Dark & Stormy

Post by caroltz »

I never thought about contacting the venue. I'll try giving them a call Monday morning to see if there is any recourse. Ironically, my first job (many years ago) was at a NY state park as a parking lot cashier. I seem to remember it was a park-at-your-own-risk attitude back then, hopefully things have changed in the :::cough::: :::cough::: three (holy cr@p I'm old) decades since then.

Every day my darling husband surprises me with his hidden talents. With patience and a lot of determination to cheer up his crying wife, while lying on his back inside the Jeep, he was able to push up from underneath and managed to work a lot of the dent out. Hopefully the crease in the headliner will work itself out over time. The front and back of the roof still still have significant dents and the hood and bug shield are still scratched up. Coincidentally, I got a phone call today about notarizing some papers for a friend with connections to a body shop. We'll have him take a look at the dents and scratches and see what can be done.

A deluxe car wash got rid of the sticky mess down the driver's door. As an added bonus it also provided entertainment for the dog as she barked at all the brushes and squeegees whacking against the windows. :)

If we go back next year, the jury will be out on that one for a long while, we'll take Dr. Corona's advice and take Mr. Sharky down off the roof before going into the show. :(

@Sister: Hubby and I were the ones wandering the aisles with our trusty 1970's era red Coleman cooler strapped to a wheeled dollie, dispensing a variety of plastic cupped jello shots in our wake. He was wearing grass skirt and coconut bra, thankfully with shorts and t-shirt underneath them. I was wearing a shark fin on my head and grass skirt.

ParrotHeadInThe Making
License to Chill
Favorite Buffett Song: Tides
Favorite Boat Drink: The drink that is in my hand

Post by ParrotHeadInThe Making »

caroltz wrote:I never thought about contacting the venue. I'll try giving them a call Monday morning to see if there is any recourse. Ironically, my first job (many years ago) was at a NY state park as a parking lot cashier. I seem to remember it was a park-at-your-own-risk attitude back then, hopefully things have changed in the :::cough::: :::cough::: three (holy cr@p I'm old) decades since then.

Every day my darling husband surprises me with his hidden talents. With patience and a lot of determination to cheer up his crying wife, while lying on his back inside the Jeep, he was able to push up from underneath and managed to work a lot of the dent out. Hopefully the crease in the headliner will work itself out over time. The front and back of the roof still still have significant dents and the hood and bug shield are still scratched up. Coincidentally, I got a phone call today about notarizing some papers for a friend with connections to a body shop. We'll have him take a look at the dents and scratches and see what can be done.

A deluxe car wash got rid of the sticky mess down the driver's door. As an added bonus it also provided entertainment for the dog as she barked at all the brushes and squeegees whacking against the windows. :)

If we go back next year, the jury will be out on that one for a long while, we'll take Dr. Corona's advice and take Mr. Sharky down off the roof before going into the show. :(

@Sister: Hubby and I were the ones wandering the aisles with our trusty 1970's era red Coleman cooler strapped to a wheeled dollie, dispensing a variety of plastic cupped jello shots in our wake. He was wearing grass skirt and coconut bra, thankfully with shorts and t-shirt underneath them. I was wearing a shark fin on my head and grass skirt.
I'm glad that your car is looking better, and if the venue gives you a bad attitude when you contact them, I certainly would not blame you one bit if you decided not to go back there next year.
Liz Ulrich and guide dog Princess Hope
http://www.facebook.com/elizabeth.ulrich1

Here we are, maybe it's because in spite of all the work we do
It's the child in us we really value
Here we are, with our fins up and our feathers flashing
Here we are, with our coconut shell brassieres chanting

SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice/Lovely Cruise
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum Runner

Post by SMLCHNG »

:-? I'm so sorry, Carol.

Lightning Bolt
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Tryin To Reason...
Location: Mt. Helix looking east to the future, west to this sunset

Post by Lightning Bolt »

I'm sorry for your bad experience...
these are same "next generation" punks who know @#% about Jimmy Buffett ...other than it's a ragin' tailgate.
Out here on Left Coast, they're same breed who ruined the scene at Irvine...where we'll likely never see JB again :-?
$#@&...only Vegas again?? Padres ...gotta start believin'!Bring on '14 Spring Training!

Wino you know
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Far Side of the World & Somewhere Over China
Number of Concerts: 105
Favorite Boat Drink: Beaujalais Villages French Burgundy

Post by Wino you know »

Punks and their booze.
The world needs to be rid of both.

I'm so sorry about all that, Carol.
Come to Alpine with us sometime.
We'd love to have you hang out with us.

Nighthawk
Favorite Buffett Song: Defying Gravity
Number of Concerts: 29
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum with a splash of coke

Post by Nighthawk »

Sorry that happened. This is the same exact reason why I refuse to go to alpine valley ever again. years ago we had our flagpoles up ( something a friend engineered so the pole apparatus goes under the tire so you can have a 20 foot flag pole without having to dig). We had our Gadsden flag flying the whole day. We left it up so that at the end of the night our drunken asses could find the car a lot easier than roaming the fields for hours. Well the latter happened cause some dumb ass thought it would be a great idea to BREAK the flag pole. Not just take the thing apart to steal the $10 flag. No they felt it was their right and destiny to totally break it. Hence the reason why I will never go to this venue ever again.
Did you hear the one about me being a punk?
Did you hear the one about me being a drunk?
Did you hear the one about me losing my nerve?
Or how I'm just another f**** sheep in the herd?
Did you hear the one about me giving a s***?
Cause if I ever did I don't remember it.

Karacal
Party at the End of the World
Number of Concerts: 31
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum & Diet Coke

Post by Karacal »

I'm so sorry this happened to you. :( I've been to tailgates where the idiots were just roaming the lots looking for something to break. Shame it has to ruin it for others. I hope it won't keep you from going back to something you enjoy. Then they win......
Barbara

Image Image

parrotheadstueby
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Number of Concerts: 38
Favorite Boat Drink: Dark and Stormy

Post by parrotheadstueby »

Hey I'm sorry to hear that-too many idiots who do not belong there-they should almost go back to not letting you in without a ticket for show-( my buddy there said they stopped letting cars in on purpose to discourage people from saving to many spots)-what lot where you in/maybe somebody has a video or picture with all the technology now aday
I want to go back to the island,
Where the shrimp boats tie up to the pilin'.
Give me oysters and beer for dinner ev'ry day of the year

bananaman
License to Chill
Favorite Buffett Song: Floridays....at the moment
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Classic margarita on the rocks

Post by bananaman »

I have actually heard of people bringing along a designated person to just stay in the lot and watch their stuff during the concert. Just supply them with booze and a comfy lawn chair and they do the rest. Lots of people just go to the tailgate anyway. Just a suggestion...
THOU SHALL NOT EAT THY NEIGHBOR'S WIFE......'S POPCORN!