Ticketmaster & Live Nation STOLE my tickets for Tampa

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

conch014
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Twelve Volt Man/Pirate Looks at 40
Number of Concerts: 78
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum and whatever is nearby

Ticketmaster & Live Nation STOLE my tickets for Tampa

Post by conch014 »

I know many of us have a disaster Ticketmaster story, but's here's the latest: I scored a pair of incredible seats yesterday for the Tamps show, got my confirmation, credit card was charged and printed my tickets. Then, 5 1/2 hours later Ticketmaster sends me an email telling me the venue (Live Nation) didn't want to sell those and they were replacing my Orchestra seats with seats in the last rows of section 10 and they called them very similar. The rep who I spoke too offered multiple apologies and excuses, then she told me the venue set-up for this show didn't have those seats. Well on the interactive seat map this morning, THEY EXIST. Ticketmaster and Live Nation stole my tickets. I can't convey how frustrated and disappointed I am, my initial excitement of being able to sit so close to the stage has turned into pure frustration since I can't find anyone to listen and the only people I can communicate with are telemarketers at Ticketmaster.
"I'm not hard to define, just an alter boy covering his ass"
catsway
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: Quietly Making Noise
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: The one in my Hand

Re: Ticketmaster & Live Nation STOLE my tickets for Tampa

Post by catsway »

Breathe in, breathe out and hook up with the other BNers that will be at the best tailgating anywhere. We know you will have a great time.
Sell Your Stuff, Keep the Dog, Live on an Island
Image JB & Sonny Image Cat & Way Image Mr. Utley
Bicycle Bill
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris
Number of Concerts: 1
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything with rum and pineapple juice!

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Conch, sorry to hear about this.  You said you have confirmation and already have printed tickets?  Save everything to a drive (like a flash drive as well as your hard drive), and then print it out — if you haven't already — and see what will happen if you bypass Ticketbastard/JiveNation and take your case directly to the venue itself.  You may not end up with your original orchestra seats, but if they have to give you different seats you should be able to get better than the back row two, almost three entire sections further away from the stage.  You might also end up with a straight answer as to why the tickets were withdrawn in the first place.

It may turn out that catsway's suggestion — which is, to paraphrase the punchline to the old joke about being raped, as long as you're gonna get screwed you might as well lie on your back and enjoy it as best as you can — will be the only thing you'll be able to do about this, but you don't have to give up without a fight.
-"BB"-
"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead."
"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic, but I've had a good life all the way."
surfpirate
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: African Friend
Number of Concerts: 98

Post by surfpirate »

Oh Bill, Bill. That "joke" has no place in any forum, anywhere or any time. Ever.
"There are no stupid questions. But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots."
BNCRITTERS.COM | TWITTER | FACEBOOK | SURF SHOP |
jbfinscj
Lester Polyester
Favorite Buffett Song: Floridays, Tin Cup Chalice, Prince of Tides, Tides, Earles Dead
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Coconut Rum

Post by jbfinscj »

surfpirate wrote:Oh Bill, Bill. That "joke" has no place in any forum, anywhere or any time. Ever.

I'm with the SP on this one. I understand the point you were "trying" to make, but it's not appropriate. I'm sorry to hear ticketmaster did this to you. I agree, go to the venue and explain to them that you bought the tickets
I'm back to livin' Floridays
Blue skies and ultra-violet rays

ph4ever
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: CILCIA or OPH
Number of Concerts: 299
Favorite Boat Drink: Rhum with my Chum or beer

Post by ph4ever »

jbfinscj wrote:
surfpirate wrote:Oh Bill, Bill. That "joke" has no place in any forum, anywhere or any time. Ever.

I'm with the SP on this one. I understand the point you were "trying" to make, but it's not appropriate. I'm sorry to hear ticketmaster did this to you. I agree, go to the venue and explain to them that you bought the tickets
Oh holy hell. The first time I am here in months and the first thread I read and I see this?

Thanks you two for your sensivity.
Well...(said in my best Bubba voice) I've been on sabbatical.