I think Jimmy desperately needs...

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

BalconyGirls
Gypsies in the palace
Favorite Buffett Song: Steamer
Number of Concerts: 0

Re: I think Jimmy desperately needs...

Post by BalconyGirls »

. .wow . .that is one awesome pic, Tiki . . ! :D

. . and while we're on the subject, respect should be shown as well to Amy Lee . . . that's another sound that I miss . .
. . " and I finally disappear . . BUT NOT YET ! ! ! "

STL Parrot
Gypsies in the palace
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 9
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything with Rum

Post by STL Parrot »

LIPH wrote:It would be nice to have a new harmonica player but that wouldn't be my first choice for what Jimmy desperately needs. I'd rather see a setlist at a Jimmy Buffett concert full of Jimmy Buffett songs. With all the cover tunes he does he's in danger of becoming a lounge act. He might as well move to Branson and open the Margaritaville Dinner Theater.
Well Branson would be close to St. Louis :D ...which I guess is all we may get here in Missouri.

jbfinscj
Lester Polyester
Favorite Buffett Song: Floridays, Tin Cup Chalice, Prince of Tides, Tides, Earles Dead
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Coconut Rum

Post by jbfinscj »

STL Parrot wrote:
LIPH wrote:It would be nice to have a new harmonica player but that wouldn't be my first choice for what Jimmy desperately needs. I'd rather see a setlist at a Jimmy Buffett concert full of Jimmy Buffett songs. With all the cover tunes he does he's in danger of becoming a lounge act. He might as well move to Branson and open the Margaritaville Dinner Theater.
Well Branson would be close to St. Louis :D ...which I guess is all we may get here in Missouri.
Just think of the Christmas show!
I'm back to livin' Floridays
Blue skies and ultra-violet rays

palmettopirate
I gotta go where it's warm
Favorite Buffett Song: Coast of Carolina
Favorite Boat Drink: sweet tea

Post by palmettopirate »

"desperately" needs? Well desperately might be a stretch but it would be nice. I remember a scene on the front lawn in Driving Miss Daisy when Morgan Freeman (Hoke) told Jessica Tandy (Daisy) that she was rich. She denied it of course stating how poor she was growing up. Hoke points back to the house and says, "Yassum, but look like yuh doin' all right now." Look like Jimmy's doin' all right now. :D
Every day you wake up you get another chance to do it right.

ragtopW
Last Man Standing

Post by ragtopW »

or If it's going to be a Cover maybe banana republics, It's my Job or Stories we could tell.. those would be OK

PeretHed66
Havana Daydreamin'
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Pacifico

Post by PeretHed66 »

To prove my original point, please see Exhibit A - "Son of a Son of a Sailor " from Saturday's show at WPB. Best rendition I've heard in years.
More Doyle!

surfpirate
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: African Friend
Number of Concerts: 98

Post by surfpirate »

PeretHed66 wrote:To prove my original point, please see Exhibit A - "Son of a Son of a Sailor " from Saturday's show at WPB. Best rendition I've heard in years.
Totally agree. That was pretty epic.
"There are no stupid questions. But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots."
BNCRITTERS.COM | TWITTER | FACEBOOK | SURF SHOP |

PeretHed66
Havana Daydreamin'
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Pacifico

Post by PeretHed66 »

surfpirate wrote:
PeretHed66 wrote:To prove my original point, please see Exhibit A - "Son of a Son of a Sailor " from Saturday's show at WPB. Best rendition I've heard in years.
Totally agree. That was pretty epic.
We were up on the lawn Saturday night (and then drove down to Key Largo Sunday), so I didn't know who he was until I got back to the real world until Monday night; wondered why he played "Sunshine". Wish he would have brought him out to play on more songs, especially "Pirate".
More Doyle!