Changes In Latitudes Record Store Display 1977

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

Tiki Torches
At the Bama Breeze

Changes In Latitudes Record Store Display 1977

Post by Tiki Torches »

No, there's not a lot to it and in all honesty, when I first saw this photograph I didn't even notice it. Still, a cool look back at a time when such things as record store displays existed. This comes from the now defunct Camelot Music store that was located in Berkeley Mall in Goldsboro, NC.

Photo by Michael DeAngury

ParrotHead67
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Who's The Blonde Stranger
Number of Concerts: 9
Favorite Boat Drink: Haven't had a bad one yet
Location: Woke up dry beneath the African sky, just me and my Swiss Army Knife

Re: Changes In Latitudes Record Store Display 1977

Post by ParrotHead67 »

Great picture. I actually had to show my son what a record looked like the other day. I miss the days of playing LP's when I was young. There was something about that scratchy sound.
"I gotta go where it's warm!"

Tiki Torches
At the Bama Breeze

Post by Tiki Torches »

ParrotHead67 wrote:Great picture. I actually had to show my son what a record looked like the other day. I miss the days of playing LP's when I was young. There was something about that scratchy sound.
Vinyl has actually been making a comeback over the past 10-15 years or so which has been boosted in recent years by the popularity of Record Store Day which started back in 2008. Hell, even Buffett has gotten into the act by releasing Songs From St. Somewhere on vinyl. I feel very fortunate to live in an area (the Triangle region of NC) where record stores still exist. We've even had a couple used ones open in the past couple years that continue to do a brisk business. Vinyl will never be as popular as it once was but I'm glad it's still around as an option.

Bicycle Bill
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris
Number of Concerts: 1
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything with rum and pineapple juice!

Post by Bicycle Bill »

I'm getting more of a kick out of looking at those round plastic 45-rpm record cases on the shelf to the right of the poster display.
And yes, I've got one around here somewhere — probably still containing its stack of wax that hasn't seen the light of day in years.
-"BB"-
"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead."
"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic, but I've had a good life all the way."

Tiki Torches
At the Bama Breeze

Post by Tiki Torches »

A couple more displays from the same store, one for Foghat Live, the other for The Best of ZZ Top both of which also came out in 1977.

Photos by Michael DeAngury

jayparrot46
Hoot!

Post by jayparrot46 »

8 ) cool 8) 8) pic

sistergoldenhair
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: salty piece of land
Number of Concerts: 14
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita on rocks lots of salt

Post by sistergoldenhair »

I had the box for 45's which had an index card in front so you could write all of your records on it, and alphabetical dividers. When I was in high school, if you wanted to go to a concert, you went to Jack's Music, and lined up with everybody else, waiting for the store to open, and bought your tickets through Ticketmaster, in the store, for about 17.00.
I'm just tryin to get by, being quiet and shy, in a world full of pushin and shove

dnw
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by dnw »

Tiki Torches wrote:No, there's not a lot to it and in all honesty, when I first saw this photograph I didn't even notice it. Still, a cool look back at a time when such things as record store displays existed. This comes from the now defunct Camelot Music store that was located in Berkeley Mall in Goldsboro, NC.

Thanks for sharing! :D

Debbie

PeretHed66
Havana Daydreamin'
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Pacifico

Post by PeretHed66 »

I miss record store display art; I've got a couple pieces knocking around somewhere, a cool Rush "Signals" poster, and a Dire Straits "Brothers In Arms" display that is in the shape of the guitar featured on the album cover.
More Doyle!

FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: LivingstonsGone2TX MeetMeinMemphis Winoandiknow CowboyIntheJungle
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Ice Cold Loaded Landshark

Post by FinsUp6835 »

Tiki Torches wrote:No, there's not a lot to it and in all honesty, when I first saw this photograph I didn't even notice it. Still, a cool look back at a time when such things as record store displays existed. This comes from the now defunct Camelot Music store that was located in Berkeley Mall in Goldsboro, NC.

That would be sweet in my man cave
"Tragedies very often become comedies, and they better become comedies real fast or else you're in a lot of trouble..." - Jimmy, 1978.

melon
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Favorite Buffett Song: Breathe in breathe out
Number of Concerts: 3
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita

Post by melon »

sistergoldenhair wrote:I had the box for 45's which had an index card in front so you could write all of your records on it, and alphabetical dividers. When I was in high school, if you wanted to go to a concert, you went to Jack's Music, and lined up with everybody else, waiting for the store to open, and bought your tickets through Ticketmaster, in the store, for about 17.00.
Pretty sure thats what i paid for my very first concert tix too...center section about 12 rows back or so for the bee gees. I was in 8th grade.
I'm too sexy for my hair