Our discussion board has been updated to a newer version. If you have a problem with viewing try clearing your browser's cache and refresh.

Acoustic Album

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: LivingstonsGone2TX MeetMeinMemphis Winoandiknow CowboyIntheJungle
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Ice Cold Loaded Landshark

Acoustic Album

Post by FinsUp6835 » September 8, 2014 2:34 pm

It would be sweet if Jimmy released an acoustic studio album. Maybe rerecord some old songs or the Buried Treasure songs.
"Tragedies very often become comedies, and they better become comedies real fast or else you're in a lot of trouble..." - Jimmy, 1978.

Tiki Torches
At the Bama Breeze

Re: Acoustic Album

Post by Tiki Torches » September 8, 2014 11:00 pm

Cool idea though I'd love for it to be new, original material if he were ever to undertake such a project. This based on some of the re-recordings that appeared on Meet Me In Margaritaville that didn't really improve upon the originals or bring anything new to them.

FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: LivingstonsGone2TX MeetMeinMemphis Winoandiknow CowboyIntheJungle

Post by FinsUp6835 » September 9, 2014 1:41 pm

Tiki Torches wrote:Cool idea though I'd love for it to be new, original material if he were ever to undertake such a project. This based on some of the re-recordings that appeared on Meet Me In Margaritaville that didn't really improve upon the originals or bring anything new to them.
I see your point but those re-recordings were not acoustic. I would like to see a mix of new and old. It would be even cooler if the tracks were cut to include a story of how he came up with them then go into them acoustically. For me, it would be the best- Jimmy's story telling and acoustic playing is why I am a Parrothead to begin with.
"Tragedies very often become comedies, and they better become comedies real fast or else you're in a lot of trouble..." - Jimmy, 1978.

rich_big
At the Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by rich_big » September 10, 2014 1:07 am

how about a live unplugged ala Storytellers? tell us the history of a song, then solo acoustic, no shouting words and so on. that would be great...

FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!

Post by FinsUp6835 » September 10, 2014 7:52 am

rich_big wrote:how about a live unplugged ala Storytellers? tell us the history of a song, then solo acoustic, no shouting words and so on. that would be great...
So basically what I said lol...

RainTree
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: Depends on the mood
Number of Concerts: 2
Favorite Boat Drink: Bahama Mama

Post by RainTree » September 10, 2014 10:18 am

I would love that! [smilie=battingeyes.gif]

SharkysMV1
I need two more boat drinks
Number of Concerts: 9
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum & Tonics

Post by SharkysMV1 » September 16, 2014 9:28 am

I wholeheartedly agree. I love the Encores album but it still makes me want to hear more acoustic stuff. Maybe with his recently-acquired vintage D-18's (found in guitar shops in Paris and Detroit), there will be some inspiration there. The brief mention of a "Buried Treasure" album a few years ago got me pretty excited for this sort of stuff, but then that idea was shelved.
Taste for the good life, I could live it no other way...