Margaritaville TV

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: LivingstonsGone2TX MeetMeinMemphis Winoandiknow CowboyIntheJungle
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Ice Cold Loaded Landshark

Margaritaville TV

Post by FinsUp6835 »

So I have been emailing margaritaville TV in hopes they would at least add the following programs:

Live By The Bay
Austin City Limits 1977 and 1984
Full show from the 90's

Nothing yet but I'm going to keep trying
"Tragedies very often become comedies, and they better become comedies real fast or else you're in a lot of trouble..." - Jimmy, 1978.
Tiki Torches
At the Bama Breeze

Re: Margaritaville TV

Post by Tiki Torches »

You left out Coastal Confessions and Tales From Margaritavision.
FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: LivingstonsGone2TX MeetMeinMemphis Winoandiknow CowboyIntheJungle

Post by FinsUp6835 »

True
"Tragedies very often become comedies, and they better become comedies real fast or else you're in a lot of trouble..." - Jimmy, 1978.
Tiki Torches
At the Bama Breeze

Post by Tiki Torches »

I'd actually rather see these receive an official release on CD/DVD/Blu-Ray as I've yet to watch a single second of Margaritaville TV. Given Buffett's desire to make money hand over fist in any conceivable way, I'm surprised these weren't released long ago. On the Austin City Limits tip, he may not have the rights to release them. As I've mentioned in the past, New West Records has released a number of Austin City Limits episodes over the years on CD/DVD as part of their Live From Austin, TX series. Now that the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame is curating the entire Austin City Limits archives, perhaps some of the episodes that haven't seen the light of day for years will finally be released.
FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!

Post by FinsUp6835 »

They should really play the upcoming Paris shows on MvilleTV. This would make sense due to the fact that majority of people can't afford to go and is a intimate venue.

Plus, with the time difference the Saturday show would play at like 2 pm eastern
jbfinscj
Lester Polyester
Favorite Buffett Song: Floridays, Tin Cup Chalice, Prince of Tides, Tides, Earles Dead
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Coconut Rum

Post by jbfinscj »

FinsUp6835 wrote:They should really play the upcoming Paris shows on MvilleTV. This would make sense due to the fact that majority of people can't afford to go and is a intimate venue.

Plus, with the time difference the Saturday show would play at like 2 pm eastern

It's more a question of if the venue has the technology to do it.
I'm back to livin' Floridays
Blue skies and ultra-violet rays

SunLover
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: The next show I capture
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by SunLover »

jbfinscj wrote:
FinsUp6835 wrote:They should really play the upcoming Paris shows on MvilleTV. This would make sense due to the fact that majority of people can't afford to go and is a intimate venue.

It's more a question of if the venue has the technology to do it.
Also, RM has never streamed the Paris shows live. I think they like to broadcast the overseas shows during an 8:00p ET time frame. Hopefully, they won't wait too long to broadcast the shows.

I think it's unlikely that we will see a delayed Marg TV broadcast of the shows since the venues are smaller. They probably don't even have a video setup there.
FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!

Post by FinsUp6835 »

True.

The question is will he open these shows with Summertime Blues...
SunLover
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: The next show I capture
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by SunLover »

FinsUp6835 wrote:True.

The question is will he open these shows with Summertime Blues...
Only time will tell...

Not saying he will open with that. Just saying that only time... well, you know what I mean! :wink:
FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!

Post by FinsUp6835 »

Can someone post the setlist for these shows?