This one really for you?????

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Re: This one really for you?????

Post by LIPH »

jbfins wrote:If you got tickets to this show, would you really go anyway? I would not drop the $1,500+ necessary to attend the concert if it is going to be the same old set list.

However, if he were to play the set list I put in, I'd gladly shell out upwards of $5,000 because that would truly be a once in a lifetime experience.
I could do the trip for a lot less than $1,500. I can probably fly to Ft. Lauderdale for about $300-$350, then rent a car and drive to Key West. I've been there before so I wouldn't stay for more than 2 or 3 days. The thought of staying there any longer than that isn't very appealing to me.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here

TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 78
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

if it was say in the fall , then it would be easy to try and plan on going, and saving the money , but really less then a month to book everything , the prices for me, from CT, would be ridiculous, considering it's during spring break , getting the time off on short notice could be tough for me too , unless you figure on winning the tickets , and book and plan everything when contest announced . If not , i booked a trip i probably wouldn't have taken at that time. I really doubt I'd go, or could afford to go.

jbfinscj
Lester Polyester
Favorite Buffett Song: Floridays, Tin Cup Chalice, Prince of Tides, Tides, Earles Dead
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Coconut Rum

Post by jbfinscj »

ok, there's a little glimmer of hope. "The captain and the kid" has moved into the #27 slot. It's the most obscure song in the top 30 so far.
I'm back to livin' Floridays
Blue skies and ultra-violet rays

Dr.Corona
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

LIPH wrote:I just realized even if, by some miracle, I get tickets to this show I probably won't be able to go. $h!t

This.........Why does most of the cool sh*t happen during tax season!!! :evil:
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image

FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: LivingstonsGone2TX MeetMeinMemphis Winoandiknow CowboyIntheJungle
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Ice Cold Loaded Landshark

Post by FinsUp6835 »

I had my wife use "Brand New Country Star" and "Buttermilk Grove" as her write in songs. :)

:pirate:

Keep voting people!
"Tragedies very often become comedies, and they better become comedies real fast or else you're in a lot of trouble..." - Jimmy, 1978.

ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH BEST...SONG...EVER!!
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Chill the rose

Post by ScarletB »

jbfinscj wrote:ok, there's a little glimmer of hope. "The captain and the kid" has moved into the #27 slot. It's the most obscure song in the top 30 so far.
That was one of my picks - I haven't seen "Death of an Unpopular Poet" since the first day.
GW - 7/19
Great Northern MOTM - 7/20-21
Hershey Labor Day Weekend Show - 8/29
MOTM - Oct 28

FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: LivingstonsGone2TX MeetMeinMemphis Winoandiknow CowboyIntheJungle

Post by FinsUp6835 »

What do you think the chances of winning are?

Also, this is a sort of genius way of Jimmy collecting songs that people want to hear for the upcoming tour. He could easily see the requests for the fill in songs and spread them out amongst the 2015 tour. Genius.

Also, from nj to Miami it would be 250$ round trip plus $100 for a car rental. That's $300 bucks a person without hotel food gas and booze. If I win I think I may just break into the savings and just go. YOLO! Lol
"Tragedies very often become comedies, and they better become comedies real fast or else you're in a lot of trouble..." - Jimmy, 1978.

ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH BEST...SONG...EVER!!
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Chill the rose

Post by ScarletB »

FinsUp6835 wrote:What do you think the chances of winning are?

Also, this is a sort of genius way of Jimmy collecting songs that people want to hear for the upcoming tour. He could easily see the requests for the fill in songs and spread them out amongst the 2015 tour. Genius.

Also, from nj to Miami it would be 250$ round trip plus $100 for a car rental. That's $300 bucks a person without hotel food gas and booze. If I win I think I may just break into the savings and just go. YOLO! Lol
On the other hand he could look at the list and say "Great, I"m already giving the audiences what they want"
GW - 7/19
Great Northern MOTM - 7/20-21
Hershey Labor Day Weekend Show - 8/29
MOTM - Oct 28

FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!

Post by FinsUp6835 »

That's only if your margarita glass is half full! ;)

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

I just took another look at the top 30 trending songs. According to the little arrow next to the song title, 24 of the 30 are trending down. Then why the f**k aren't they dropping off the list?
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here

msu#1
Behind Door #3

Post by msu#1 »

Most were trending down within the first hour so..........I haven't looked since the first day but I would guess the list isn't really real time or updating at all.

I would also say that most votes are probably already in and you won't see any change between now and march 2nd
Lake Erie Pirate scientist

surfpirate
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: African Friend
Number of Concerts: 98

Post by surfpirate »

Plus "the paying customers really like that saltsaltsalt chant".**

** actual Jimmy Buffett quote (go figure)
"There are no stupid questions. But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots."
BNCRITTERS.COM | TWITTER | FACEBOOK | SURF SHOP |

Congobill
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Last Mango in Paris
Number of Concerts: 60
Favorite Boat Drink: Craft Beer

Post by Congobill »

LIPH wrote:I just took another look at the top 30 trending songs. According to the little arrow next to the song title, 24 of the 30 are trending down. Then why the f**k aren't they dropping off the list?

I just checked the top 30 and it pretty much looks like a regular ol' Buffett set list. So disappointing. I can't believe Parrotheads don't have more in-depth knowledge of his catalog than to choose all the standard stuff he plays all the time. I picked zero "standards" in my set list. Not Margaritaville, Fins, Volcano, OPH. Nothing! I want to see him play an entire show of obscure stuff! Looks like Jimmy and the band won't have much work to do preparing for this show since these songs are in their regular rotation already. Bummer.

SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice/Lovely Cruise
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum Runner

Post by SMLCHNG »

Congobill wrote:
LIPH wrote: I can't believe Parrotheads don't have more in-depth knowledge of his catalog than to choose all the standard stuff he plays all the time.
Not everyone voting are 'hard core' Parrotheads.. :)

catsway
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: Quietly Making Noise
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: The one in my Hand

Post by catsway »

We just received an email from Margaritaville TV that links you to some new upgrades in the contest. If your already entered you can revise your set list should you "have some regrets".
Sell Your Stuff, Keep the Dog, Live on an Island
Image JB & Sonny Image Cat & Way Image Mr. Utley

FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!

Post by FinsUp6835 »

Gypsies In The Palace
I Have Found Me a Home
Last Mango In Paris
Manana
Ringling Ringlin'
Tampico Trauma
Tin Cup Chalice
Life is Just a Tire Swing
Twelve Volt Man
Wonder Why We Ever Go Home
African Friend
Who's The Blonde Stranger
Woman Going Crazy On Caroline Street
Coconut Telegraph
Colour Of The Sun
Everybody's Got A Cousin In Miami
Cowboy In The Jungle
Cuban Crime of Passion
Domino College
Door Number Three
Landfall
Migration
Nautical Wheelers
Death Of An Unpopular Poet
The Wino and I Know
Livingston's Gone To Texas
Cliches

I know, I know it's amazing! I love the idea of gypsies opening a show too

msu#1
Behind Door #3

Post by msu#1 »

I'd love for gypsies to open the show. That means ibcould have another beer in the parking lot and go to the bathroom while that awful song plays.

Dr.Corona
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

msu#1 wrote:I'd love for gypsies to open the show. That means ibcould have another beer in the parking lot and go to the bathroom while that awful song plays.
First Buffett show I ever went to was at the Palace in Auburn Hills. Absolutely stunned he didn't play Gypsies there. JB is usually all over that kind of sh*t. It was at the tail end of a tour in November with temps in the 30's so maybe he was semi burned out & ready to pack it in.
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image

FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!

Post by FinsUp6835 »

msu#1 wrote:I'd love for gypsies to open the show. That means ibcould have another beer in the parking lot and go to the bathroom while that awful song plays.

Really? I think it's such a great story. So many times I've felt like a gypsie in my parents house when I would throw parties lol.

Great tune in my book!

msu#1
Behind Door #3

Post by msu#1 »

Dr.Corona wrote:
First Buffett show I ever went to was at the Palace in Auburn Hills. Absolutely stunned he didn't play Gypsies there. JB is usually all over that kind of sh*t. It was at the tail end of a tour in November with temps in the 30's so maybe he was semi burned out & ready to pack it in.
That was my second buffett show ! Looking back what a weird show. Tailgating in shorts in michigan winter weather...the mountain of empties at the palace front door...I was a huge jimmy fan then but not a big "parrothead" so I think that was the time that captain tony was there? I had no idea who he was! Lol I learned about him later that spring when we went on spring break to key west. I'm having a hard time trying to remember if it was the 2001 show or an early one that was the cold weather and had captain tony. I know we went to the November one in 2001 because we were afraid the show would be canceled given a plane crashed in new York days before the show and everyone was on edge still from the 911 attack two months earlier