Margaritaville 420?

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: LivingstonsGone2TX MeetMeinMemphis Winoandiknow CowboyIntheJungle
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Ice Cold Loaded Landshark

Margaritaville 420?

Post by FinsUp6835 »

So as many people have heard Willie Nelson has decided to enter the Marjuana business and is coming out with "willies reserve." This said I wouldn't be surprised if Jimmy got his skin in the game. The potential for the market is huge. Maybe why he patented all those reefer trademarks last summer. I think it would be cool and makes sense. He has every kind of alcoholic and non alcoholic - why wouldn't he get into this if it has potential to get legalizd in many more states.... :pirate:
"Tragedies very often become comedies, and they better become comedies real fast or else you're in a lot of trouble..." - Jimmy, 1978.

catsway
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: Quietly Making Noise
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: The one in my Hand

Re: Margaritaville 420?

Post by catsway »

During Pencil Thin Mustache in Tampa this weekend, Jimmy mentioned medical marijuana enthusiastically during the verse referring to Jazz Musicians. Also, in 2014, he copyrighted the term Coral Reefer as an herb/plant.
Sell Your Stuff, Keep the Dog, Live on an Island
Image JB & Sonny Image Cat & Way Image Mr. Utley

Rabbitz
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: Growing Older
Number of Concerts: 2
Favorite Boat Drink: Rhum and Pineapple

Post by Rabbitz »

Well we'll know when Jimmy and Alan Jackson release "It's 4:20 Somewhere".

Sorry it had to be said.
Always be yourself
Unless you can be Batman
Then always be Batman

KruzinParrots
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Pirates Punch

Post by KruzinParrots »

I agree it would make sense for him to expand into the business.

He has been making medical marijuana comments every chance he can during the last year and with the trademarks he has chosen I think it is only a matter of time.

If we think the concerts are a trip now they are only going to get better!!
Find Your Passion and Make It Happen

rich_big
At the Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by rich_big »

but do you think he'd really sell out like that and use his good name on some crappy... oh, nevermind.

FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: LivingstonsGone2TX MeetMeinMemphis Winoandiknow CowboyIntheJungle
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Ice Cold Loaded Landshark

Post by FinsUp6835 »

rich_big wrote:but do you think he'd really sell out like that and use his good name on some crappy... oh, nevermind.

Why would that make him a sell out? Is kiss a sell out? Kenny Chesney? Zac brown? Dave Matthews? The Beatles? Bob Marley? Willie Nelson? There are thousands of others with commercialized products out there.

Matter of opinion, but I happen to like many of the mville products. They represent a lifestyle that I like to live. Are they all the best? No. But there are a lot of good products.

Breathe in, breathe out, move on :wink:
"Tragedies very often become comedies, and they better become comedies real fast or else you're in a lot of trouble..." - Jimmy, 1978.

KruzinParrots
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Pirates Punch

Post by KruzinParrots »

We don't consider it a sell out either. The items we have tried such as, the sun care, frozen foods, alcohol, coffee, clothing, drink blender, beach chairs and tailgating items we truly enjoy and think they are quality products. We are very satisfied customers of the brand. Also for us the brand represents the lifestyle we live and reminds us of our happy times. So for us it is a win win situation. See we hope and want these ventures to be profitable for JB and his companies. The more money he makes the more fun products we get to enjoy and the more fun places he builds for all of us to play at. When Jimmy wins he always passes it back to us his fans. Radio Margaritaville, Margaritaville tv, and the new all inclusive Margaritaville cafes being built on the cruise ships are perfect examples. So we're quote pleased with this.
Find Your Passion and Make It Happen

ParrotHead67
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Who's The Blonde Stranger
Number of Concerts: 9
Favorite Boat Drink: Haven't had a bad one yet
Location: Woke up dry beneath the African sky, just me and my Swiss Army Knife

Post by ParrotHead67 »

I can foresee potato chips as part of his Margaritaville line in the near future. After all, he's going to have to take care of fans who get the munchies at his concerts!!! :D
"I gotta go where it's warm!"