Margaritaville audience participation history

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

Post Reply
bralph
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Posts: 47
Joined: April 26, 2013 9:28 am
Favorite Buffett Song: Trying To Reason With Hurricane Season
Number of Concerts: 12

Margaritaville audience participation history

Post by bralph »

Having a discussion with my brother and others about the history of audience participation in Margaritaville. He and I both remember concerts where the audience would yell "shake it baby. Ooh! Shake it baby." After the lost shaker of salt lyric. Of course now it's "salt salt salt".

Are we crazy, or do others remember it that way too?

ASaltyPieceOfLand
Southeast of disorder
Posts: 86
Joined: June 17, 2016 2:08 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Brahma Fear
Number of Concerts: 26

Re: Margaritaville audience participation history

Post by ASaltyPieceOfLand »

I've never heard or read that in my life - ever. I was at the show where the salt chant started and thought it was funny at the time.
Salt air it ain't thin...

bralph
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Posts: 47
Joined: April 26, 2013 9:28 am
Favorite Buffett Song: Trying To Reason With Hurricane Season
Number of Concerts: 12

Re: Margaritaville audience participation history

Post by bralph »

ASaltyPieceOfLand wrote:
July 16, 2017 12:34 pm
I've never heard or read that in my life - ever. I was at the show where the salt chant started and thought it was funny at the time.
Hmm... So weird that both of us would remember it that way. Our first shows were at Pine Knob in Detroit and Buckeye Lake in Columbus in the early 90s.

wanderingtoes
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Posts: 745
Joined: March 17, 2002 7:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: When The Coast Is Clear
Number of Concerts: 29
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita
Location: Gulf Coast

Re: Margaritaville audience participation history

Post by wanderingtoes »

It seems I vaguely remember that inserted into a song, but for some reason, seems like it was BEG. Just a guess
"I've got a School Boy Heart"

ASaltyPieceOfLand
Southeast of disorder
Posts: 86
Joined: June 17, 2016 2:08 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Brahma Fear
Number of Concerts: 26

Re: Margaritaville audience participation history

Post by ASaltyPieceOfLand »

bralph wrote:
July 16, 2017 1:00 am
Having a discussion with my brother and others about the history of audience participation in Margaritaville. He and I both remember concerts where the audience would yell "shake it baby. Ooh! Shake it baby." After the lost shaker of salt lyric. Of course now it's "salt salt salt".

Are we crazy, or do others remember it that way too?
bralph wrote:
July 16, 2017 1:12 pm
ASaltyPieceOfLand wrote:
July 16, 2017 12:34 pm
I've never heard or read that in my life - ever. I was at the show where the salt chant started and thought it was funny at the time.
Hmm... So weird that both of us would remember it that way. Our first shows were at Pine Knob in Detroit and Buckeye Lake in Columbus in the early 90s.
wanderingtoes wrote:
July 17, 2017 9:04 am
It seems I vaguely remember that inserted into a song, but for some reason, seems like it was BEG. Just a guess
Brown Eyed Girl, yes.

Margaritaville, no.
Salt air it ain't thin...

bralph
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Posts: 47
Joined: April 26, 2013 9:28 am
Favorite Buffett Song: Trying To Reason With Hurricane Season
Number of Concerts: 12

Re: Margaritaville audience participation history

Post by bralph »

Hmm, I suppose it could have been Brown Eyed Girl. I certainly don't remember it that way, but my concert memories can be a little fuzzy sometimes for some reason...

TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Posts: 27409
Joined: August 26, 2006 10:16 am
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.
Contact:

Re: Margaritaville audience participation history

Post by TommyBahama »

bralph wrote:
July 28, 2017 8:47 am
Hmm, I suppose it could have been Brown Eyed Girl. I certainly don't remember it that way, but my concert memories can be a little fuzzy sometimes for some reason...
It wasn't BEG , but there was a song that they incorporate Twist and Shout , which starts off Shake it up Baby. It's a song they can transition into using similar cords. But , of course I can't think of the song.

the good fight
I need two more boat drinks
Posts: 215
Joined: January 26, 2007 6:42 pm
Number of Concerts: 15
Location: Somewhere Over Cincinnati

Re: Margaritaville audience participation history

Post by the good fight »

TommyBahama wrote:
July 28, 2017 9:37 am
bralph wrote:
July 28, 2017 8:47 am
Hmm, I suppose it could have been Brown Eyed Girl. I certainly don't remember it that way, but my concert memories can be a little fuzzy sometimes for some reason...
It wasn't BEG , but there was a song that they incorporate Twist and Shout , which starts off Shake it up Baby. It's a song they can transition into using similar cords. But , of course I can't think of the song.
We Are The People Our Parents Warned Us About

TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Posts: 27409
Joined: August 26, 2006 10:16 am
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.
Contact:

Re: Margaritaville audience participation history

Post by TommyBahama »

the good fight wrote:
July 28, 2017 11:35 pm
TommyBahama wrote:
July 28, 2017 9:37 am
bralph wrote:
July 28, 2017 8:47 am
Hmm, I suppose it could have been Brown Eyed Girl. I certainly don't remember it that way, but my concert memories can be a little fuzzy sometimes for some reason...
It wasn't BEG , but there was a song that they incorporate Twist and Shout , which starts off Shake it up Baby. It's a song they can transition into using similar cords. But , of course I can't think of the song.
We Are The People Our Parents Warned Us About
Thanks , I was drawing a blank. For some reason I had Coconut Telegraph in my head.

Post Reply