July 4th Fireworks Cruise in the Nation's Capital

Phlockings, Parties, Social Events, Tribute Bands.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Rock66
Favorite Buffett Song: God's Own Drunk
Number of Concerts: 100

July 4th Fireworks Cruise in the Nation's Capital

Post by Rock66 »

Join the Washington Area Parrot Head Club for an evening cruising on the Potomac River and the best view of the fireworks over the National Mall. This is the ONLY National Firework display. If you have never seen these fireworks from the water, this is a treat not to be missed.

The cruise will benefit the Chesapeake Bay Foundation.

Cruise departs from the Alexandria City marina located behind the Torpedo Factory at the foot of King Street at 7:30 sharp. Expected return is 10:30 PM. Boarding Time is 7:15.

The cruise is aboard the good ship Matthew Hayes. This ship is one of the few ships on the Potomac that can slip under the 14th Street Bridge and get right up next to the fireworks display. It does have two heads (bathrooms for the landlubbers) aboard. It is an open ship with the rear 80% of the ship covered. The bow is not covered. It is truly one of the best ships on the Potomac to see the fireworks.

Ticket price is for cruise only . Please feel free to bring your own small cooler aboard with your own snacks and beverages.

Attire is whatever will make you feel comfortable. This ship does not have an air conditioned area but dressed appropriately it is a comfortable ship. Remember that it will be evening, it has a covered area, and the ship creates its own breeze when it moves up the river.

This cruise is open to everyone. Join the fun and bring your friends.

Go to http://www.waph.com for more information.

To Register, go to: http://4thofjulycruise2014.eventbee.com

Ticket Prices is $65 non-members, $60 member of any Parrot Head Club. email Rock at charity@waphc.com to get your discount code.

Rock
Founder, Washington Area Parrot Head Club
FunkHouse9
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Nautical Wheelers
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: Crown Royal & Ginger Ale

Re: July 4th Fireworks Cruise in the Nation's Capital

Post by FunkHouse9 »

Surprisingly, I didn't even know there was a DC Parrothead club. I should Google more. Won't be able to do the 7/4 cruise, but perhaps I'll look more into the club.

Any other BN folks a part of WAPHC?

(FYI to correct the original post, the URL looks to be http://waphc.com/, not waph.com. That is something else.)
Maybe it's because in spite of all the work we do, it's the child in us we really value.
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Re: July 4th Fireworks Cruise in the Nation's Capital

Post by LIPH »

Buffett played Nissan on the 4th of July weekend one year, maybe 2003 or '04? The group I went to the show with all went on the cruise to see the fireworks, it was a fun night.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here