Start of the Heat Wave Friday @ the MSC

Chat with other Parrotheads about dis and dat.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

big john
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Oh just give me a beer

Start of the Heat Wave Friday @ the MSC

Post by big john »

Kick up the A/C. Sit in the shade. Get in the water. Drink something cold. :pirate:
Who's got the rum?
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Re: Start of the Heat Wave Friday @ the MSC

Post by lime rickie »

Good morning, John and BN.

Heat wave hasn't reached Vacationland yet, we're having a beautiful stretch of weather right now.

John, are you going to the Holmdel show?
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

big john
Under My Lone Palm

Post by big john »

lime rickie wrote: July 19, 2019 8:36 am Good morning, John and BN.

Heat wave hasn't reached Vacationland yet, we're having a beautiful stretch of weather right now.

No. Kept waiting for maybe a closer show to be announced and the tailgate situation seemed a little sketchy.
Also I'm dealing with my parents having health problems. Maybe next year. :pirate:
Who's got the rum?
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

Good Morning Gang.........including those who are recovering from the fine show in the Nati last night.
Prepping for heat index in excess of 100 today. Cool A/C today....please no brownout electric company.....
Family reunion at local park tomorrow with anticipated heat index of 110.[smilie=sadlook.gif] Squirt guns & water balloons will be brought for amusement purposes. :wink: Should be totally shaded but still..........Hot Hot Hot
Enjoy your HW Friday & be safe !!
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

Good morning. We have another heat advisory today, 5 days in a row, and another one already issued for tomorrow.

I never choose any Saturday games for my Pelicans season ticket package because they have a deal where if you live local you get $3 off the ticket price for Saturday home games if you go to the box office and buy your tickets in person. The discount I get for my 14 game package is $2/game. A week or so ago I bought a $3 off ticket for tomorrow night's game. The forecast is for a high of 93 and heat index of 107. It should be a fun night at the ballpark. :o
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
nycfeat
Changing Channels

Post by nycfeat »

Morning, BN. Adding my weather report: supposed to get really hot later on in the day. Work-wise, all our locations are open as usual on Saturday. Sunday, they're opening an additional 11 locations (usual is three) due to the weather.

Hope everyone stays cool.
nycfeat
Changing Channels

Post by nycfeat »

LIPH wrote: July 19, 2019 10:29 am Good morning. We have another heat advisory today, 5 days in a row, and another one already issued for tomorrow.

I never choose any Saturday games for my Pelicans season ticket package because they have a deal where if you live local you get $3 off the ticket price for Saturday home games if you go to the box office and buy your tickets in person. The discount I get for my 14 game package is $2/game. A week or so ago I bought a $3 off ticket for tomorrow night's game. The forecast is for a high of 93 and heat index of 107. It should be a fun night at the ballpark. :o
:o :o :o And I thought the sun on July 4th was bad. The temp and humidity was ok. But sweat was dripping down my back while I was waiting in line for the Cyclones game.
Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

big john wrote: July 19, 2019 10:05 am
lime rickie wrote: July 19, 2019 8:36 am Good morning, John and BN.

No. Kept waiting for maybe a closer show to be announced and the tailgate situation seemed a little sketchy.
Also I'm dealing with my parents having health problems. Maybe next year. :pirate:
DARN IT !!!
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

I DVR'd the Today Show so I could see this morning's musical guest, Kacey Musgraves. I saw her live last year, she was the middle act of a triple bill, and she was great. She has a terrific voice and (sorry, but I'm a guy) she's very easy on the eyes. She headlined a show earlier this year at the Volvo Car Stadium in Charleston where Buffett played 2 years ago but I already had plans when she played there so I couldn't go. :(
Crazy Navy Flyer
On a Salty Piece of Land
Number of Concerts: 100
Favorite Boat Drink: rum

Post by Crazy Navy Flyer »

Happy Friday BN. Another hot one here on the Gulf Coast but hey, it's summer in Florida. 91 feeling like 107
Back to livin' Floridays
Wino you know
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Far Side of the World & Somewhere Over China
Number of Concerts: 105
Favorite Boat Drink: Beaujalais Villages French Burgundy

Post by Wino you know »

Alpine bound. E.T.A. Baymont Hotel in Beloit, WI 2:45 PM.
It’s now 12 noon, temperature is 96, heat index is 109.
Last night at 7 PM it was 79 degrees. At 2 AM it was 92. :o
PetalMel
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Depends on my mood--there are so many....
Number of Concerts: 35
Favorite Boat Drink: Most anything with rum

Post by PetalMel »

afternoon, all!

It is toasty in MIchigan like Dr. Corona said. I was supposed to go to Lansing today for our Special Olympics Coaches training day but I just couldn't get myself to go. I could have gotten paid to go by asking in advance and all that stuff which I never did do. I have had a headache from what I think is the heat for a few days so sitting in a hot high school and being outside learning about track and field events just didn't seem like a fun way to spend a Friday. Instead I watered the garden about 8 this morning, rinsed out the recycling bins and have paid bills and filed papers Debating about going to the little township pond to float but even that seems like work. Maybe a nap in the basement will be in order.

Enjoy the weekend and I hope everyone stays cool and hydrated today. I put two frozen water bottles and a frozen Twix bar in the mailbox for our mail person. I have heard their tin can mobiles get to be roasting in this weather. I am hoping the water is thawed enough to be a cool treat and the candy bar isn't too badly melty....
well, ummmmmmm, yah, I guess I better come up with something witty to put in this spot since everyone is reading it.......

Saltx3

Post by Saltx3 »

PetalMel wrote: July 19, 2019 1:20 pm afternoon, all!

It is toasty in MIchigan like Dr. Corona said. I was supposed to go to Lansing today for our Special Olympics Coaches training day but I just couldn't get myself to go. I could have gotten paid to go by asking in advance and all that stuff which I never did do. I have had a headache from what I think is the heat for a few days so sitting in a hot high school and being outside learning about track and field events just didn't seem like a fun way to spend a Friday. Instead I watered the garden about 8 this morning, rinsed out the recycling bins and have paid bills and filed papers Debating about going to the little township pond to float but even that seems like work. Maybe a nap in the basement will be in order.

Enjoy the weekend and I hope everyone stays cool and hydrated today. I put two frozen water bottles and a frozen Twix bar in the mailbox for our mail person. I have heard their tin can mobiles get to be roasting in this weather. I am hoping the water is thawed enough to be a cool treat and the candy bar isn't too badly melty....
Great idea
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
Saltx3

Post by Saltx3 »

tonight is our german club's 8th annual Lancaster Liederkranz "Parrotfest". Highlight each year is a 4-hour show by Jimmy and the Parrots. There are 1500 tickets sold and most tables are either under our pavilion or big white tents. It's been hot before but not THIS hot. This "Fest" is our club's biggest every year but I'm not sure how much beer we will be selling (the $12 tickets are all purchased in advance so we at least have that to offset our club's costs).
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
big john
Under My Lone Palm

Post by big john »

Temp is 94 with heat index of 109. That's @ 34 and 43 C Rabbitz. I can't think of any reason to go outside. :pirate:
Who's got the rum?
TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

The CC I work at is hosting the Connecticut Open this weekend (started today). 2nd biggest golf tournament in the state after the Travelers. Heat Index tomorrow is suppose to be 115. The bar area alone will feel like that tonight , and tomorrow, Considering our AC really sucks. Looking at the scores , the people that went off early had an advantage. It wasn't as humid as it is now.
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

I went to Old Chicago for a late lunch. It's on King's Highway, one of the 2 main north/south roads here. The bartender just said there was a 7 car pileup right outside. :o Maybe I'll have a 2nd beer and wait for the traffic to clear.
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

Hot in CO today, too. 100 degrees, but we don't have heat indexes, due to lack of humidity.

A little setback for the back and belly. :(

Bored to tears.

Off to lay down on the bed again.

Stay cool folks! :)
springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Post by springparrot »

SMLCHNG wrote: July 19, 2019 4:08 pm Hot in CO today, too. 100 degrees, but we don't have heat indexes, due to lack of humidity.

Bored to tears.

I'm sorry but you have to take time to heal properly.
Rabbitz
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Growing Older
Number of Concerts: 2
Favorite Boat Drink: Rhum and Pineapple

Post by Rabbitz »

SMLCHNG wrote: July 19, 2019 4:08 pm Hot in CO today, too. 100 degrees, but we don't have heat indexes, due to lack of humidity.

Bored to tears.

I am trying to mentally send some of the frost we had this morning to you.

We don't want it and you sound like you need it.

I hope you feel better soon.
Always be yourself
Unless you can be Batman
Then always be Batman