Our discussion board has been updated to a newer version. If you have a problem with viewing try clearing your browser's cache and refresh.

Someday I will Sunday @ the MSC

Chat with other Parrotheads about dis and dat.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

Post Reply
SMLCHNG
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 174295
Joined: December 6, 2001 7:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice/Lovely Cruise
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum Runner
Location: Castle Rock, CO

Someday I will Sunday @ the MSC

Post by SMLCHNG » August 11, 2019 11:03 am

Good morning!!

My someday comes tomorrow when I can return to work after over 6 weeks. YAY!!!!! :D

Have a good Sunday!!!

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Posts: 62772
Joined: April 24, 2001 8:00 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Re: Someday I will Sunday @ the MSC

Post by LIPH » August 11, 2019 12:24 pm

Good afternoon Penny. Ease your way back in when you go back to work tomorrow, don't try to do too much too soon.

The one craft brewer we have here in town released a new beer, a Key Lime kolsch. You can only get it at their taproom and only this weekend. I'm trying to decide if I should take a ride later and try it.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here

springparrot
Last Man Standing
Posts: 168210
Joined: April 28, 2001 8:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita
Location: Don't Mess With TEXAS

Re: Someday I will Sunday @ the MSC

Post by springparrot » August 11, 2019 12:30 pm

Morning BNers😀

Did anyone else see the Astros/Baltimore game last night?
23-2
What a barnburner!!!!!⚾️

SMLCHNG
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 174295
Joined: December 6, 2001 7:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice/Lovely Cruise
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum Runner
Location: Castle Rock, CO

Re: Someday I will Sunday @ the MSC

Post by SMLCHNG » August 11, 2019 12:47 pm

LIPH wrote:
August 11, 2019 12:24 pm
Good afternoon Penny. Ease your way back in when you go back to work tomorrow, don't try to do too much too soon.
The one craft brewer we have here in town released a new beer, a Key Lime kolsch. You can only get it at their taproom and only this weekend. I'm trying to decide if I should take a ride later and try it.
I promise, Larry. I'm only allowed 4 hours per day for the next two weeks, but it'll be great for me AND my wallet. :)
Our brewery brewed a "Tart IPA" with Key Limes. I liked it, but just small quantities.
springparrot wrote:
August 11, 2019 12:30 pm
Morning BNers
Did anyone else see the Astros/Baltimore game last night? 23-2
What a barnburner!!!!!⚾️
Morning, Molly! Nope, didn't see it. We were watching "Iron Man 2". Fun. :) Hope you're feeling better?

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Posts: 62772
Joined: April 24, 2001 8:00 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Re: Someday I will Sunday @ the MSC

Post by LIPH » August 11, 2019 12:51 pm

springparrot wrote:
August 11, 2019 12:30 pm
Morning BNers😀

Did anyone else see the Astros/Baltimore game last night?
23-2
What a barnburner!!!!!⚾️
I didn't see the game but I saw the score when I went online this morning to see how the Mets did last night. That rookie who hit 3 home runs played for the Buies Creek Astros a couple of years ago. I saw him play 2 or 3 games against the Pelicans and he was a beast in the minor leagues.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here

melon59
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Posts: 737
Joined: March 8, 2010 5:49 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Beautiful Swimmers (at the moment)
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: Margaritas
Location: Central Ohio

Re: Someday I will Sunday @ the MSC

Post by melon59 » August 11, 2019 2:01 pm

My kids decided to stay an extra day! So there will be more hot tub time with the kids today. I will be going back to work but I'm going in late, after they are gone, so I can make sure the dogs are settled and secured. Have a great Sunday Funday!

Have a great first day back Penny! 😊
You're Killing Me Smalls

springparrot
Last Man Standing
Posts: 168210
Joined: April 28, 2001 8:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita
Location: Don't Mess With TEXAS

Re: Someday I will Sunday @ the MSC

Post by springparrot » August 11, 2019 2:47 pm

LIPH wrote:
August 11, 2019 12:51 pm
springparrot wrote:
August 11, 2019 12:30 pm
Morning BNers😀

Did anyone else see the Astros/Baltimore game last night?
23-2
What a barnburner!!!!!⚾️
I didn't see the game but I saw the score when I went online this morning to see how the Mets did last night. That rookie who hit 3 home runs played for the Buies Creek Astros a couple of years ago. I saw him play 2 or 3 games against the Pelicans and he was a beast in the minor leagues.
Yordon is a beast and so much fun to watch. He has been hitting since he got here but last night was great!

We had a power failure about the time today's game was suppose to start so I missed 5 innings. :(

Bicycle Bill
At the Bama Breeze
Posts: 4547
Joined: February 1, 2009 2:28 am
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris
Number of Concerts: 1
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything with rum and pineapple juice!
Location: La Crosse (actually Onalaska) WI

Re: Someday I will Sunday @ the MSC

Post by Bicycle Bill » August 11, 2019 3:19 pm

LIPH wrote:
August 11, 2019 12:24 pm
Good afternoon Penny. Ease your way back in when you go back to work tomorrow, don't try to do too much too soon.

The one craft brewer we have here in town released a new beer, a Key Lime kolsch. You can only get it at their taproom and only this weekend. I'm trying to decide if I should take a ride later and try it.
I'd say try it.  How bad can it be?
The only downside might be that it's absolutely fabulous and you love it, but won't be able to get it any more.
Image
-"BB"-
"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead."
"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic, but I've had a good life all the way."

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Posts: 62772
Joined: April 24, 2001 8:00 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Re: Someday I will Sunday @ the MSC

Post by LIPH » August 11, 2019 4:18 pm

The Key Lime kolsch was pretty good, I bought a growler to bring home with me. The taproom has 6 oz. and 12 oz. pours, I had 6 oz. I tried a 2nd beer after I had the Key Lime and while I was there an older gentleman walked up to the bar, called the bartender over, pointed at me and said "give him one on me." I thanked him and asked why he was buying me a beer and he said the owner was his son. :lol:
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here

lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Posts: 21919
Joined: December 18, 2008 12:19 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Re: Someday I will Sunday @ the MSC

Post by lime rickie » August 11, 2019 4:43 pm

Evening, peeps. Nice to see Penny up and about and Molly, you seem to be feeling a bit better, too. [smilie=coolup.gif]

Lovely weekend in Vacationland. Perfect weather, sunny, breezy, and NOT humid! Now we are off to meet my sister and her husband for drinks at a new roof-top deck bar. 8)
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

Image

SMLCHNG
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 174295
Joined: December 6, 2001 7:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice/Lovely Cruise
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum Runner
Location: Castle Rock, CO

Re: Someday I will Sunday @ the MSC

Post by SMLCHNG » August 11, 2019 5:15 pm

LIPH wrote:
August 11, 2019 4:18 pm
The Key Lime kolsch was pretty good, I bought a growler to bring home with me. The taproom has 6 oz. and 12 oz. pours, I had 6 oz. I tried a 2nd beer after I had the Key Lime and while I was there an older gentleman walked up to the bar, called the bartender over, pointed at me and said "give him one on me." I thanked him and asked why he was buying me a beer and he said the owner was his son. :lol:
:lol: :lol: 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) Glad you liked it!

Thanks for the good return to work wishes, kids. :D :D

bodypainter
Lester Polyester
Posts: 7824
Joined: July 5, 2012 3:56 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: whatever I get as a tip(no JELLO)
Location: Enterprise,PA

Re: Someday I will Sunday @ the MSC

Post by bodypainter » August 11, 2019 5:43 pm

HI there! The temp was 47 this morning. I wore a heavy jacket for the first boat run. I had the coat off after that.
If I wasn't fishing in this all day rain,I'd be home doing something stupid.

moog
Last Man Standing
Posts: 50201
Joined: April 24, 2001 8:00 pm
Number of Concerts: 0

Re: Someday I will Sunday @ the MSC

Post by moog » August 11, 2019 7:56 pm

Glad you are better Penny. Edith still has a long road before she can get back on her feet.

springparrot
Last Man Standing
Posts: 168210
Joined: April 28, 2001 8:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita
Location: Don't Mess With TEXAS

Re: Someday I will Sunday @ the MSC

Post by springparrot » August 12, 2019 1:33 am

moog wrote:
August 11, 2019 7:56 pm
Glad you are better Penny. Edith still has a long road before she can get back on her feet.
((((Rasppy))))

SMLCHNG
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 174295
Joined: December 6, 2001 7:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice/Lovely Cruise
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum Runner
Location: Castle Rock, CO

Re: Someday I will Sunday @ the MSC

Post by SMLCHNG » August 12, 2019 5:59 pm

moog wrote:
August 11, 2019 7:56 pm
Glad you are better Penny. Edith still has a long road before she can get back on her feet.
Thanks, Mooooogy. Hugs to Edith from me. It took me over 6 weeks, so I'm pretty pleased since I had TWO surgeries one day after the other. :(

Post Reply