Our discussion board has been updated to a newer version. If you have a problem with viewing try clearing your browser's cache and refresh.

National PLAY-DOH Day Monday @ the MSC

Chat with other Parrotheads about dis and dat.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Re: National PLAY-DOH Day Monday @ the MSC

Post by springparrot » September 16, 2019 9:41 pm

bodypainter wrote:
September 16, 2019 8:28 pm
Thanks, Molly and Tammy. The Barret's syndrome diagnosis some years ago really scared me. If bad, the surgeon cuts out the esophagus infected with cancer cells, then stretches it and reattaches the ends. I've been okay so far. They will contact me about the biopsy results.

BUT

Life is still good. :D
❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

tailgaitingph
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: Changes in latitude....
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Whipped cream RUM

Post by tailgaitingph » September 16, 2019 9:48 pm

bodypainter wrote:
September 16, 2019 5:14 pm
Hi there! Bern is a chef who had foodies choose 2 choices for a high end wedding reception at his event center. They chose filet as a choice and chicken with waffles.

My scopes went well. polyps were removed. Life is good.
YAAAY Bill!!
Just trying to participate and make SP proud

Dr.Corona
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona » September 17, 2019 10:24 am

bodypainter wrote:
September 16, 2019 11:05 am
Good morning all. As an artist, I never liked Play Doh. It doesn't sculpt well compared to the ugly, oil infused modelling clay. I made that opinion at the age of seven. My first grade students all received the good stuff to keep in their desk or take home after several sculpting lessons.

We leave in hour for double scopes. I'm monitored for Barret's syndrome, a precursor to esophageal cancer. The cancer that took Eddie Money. It is treatable if caught in time.
Here's hoping the biopsies are clear Bill!
My brother has been dealing with Barrett's for probably 8 or so years now. He had high grade dysplasia back then which puts you at greater risk for cancer but treatments have dropped him into the low grade dysplasia category. Still a risk, but not nearly as high.

They wanted to do the surgery initially,removing the esophagus but it's a pretty intense surgery....intense probably not be the right description. Let's just say it's pretty major & I've known someone who had it but still ended up passing of cancer. My brother has mental disabilities so it's a procedure that the family (notably my mom) has needed to process & determine what's in his best interest.
Since my mom's passing 6 years ago I've kinda taken over the lead & with a number of procedures (removal of nodules along the esophagal wall) he's made drastic improvement. He is going in for more treatments here in a couple months for more nodule removal. He's had them cut out (EMR), burned out (RFA) & frozen out (Cryotherapy). Hopefully this next round of treatments of nodule removal can complete the cycle & we can move to a monitoring phase of just doing periodical biopsies.
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image