Here We Are MONDAY@ the MSC

Chat with other Parrotheads about dis and dat.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Here We Are MONDAY@ the MSC

Post by Saltx3 »

Good Morning Everyone!

Monday has come around once again :D

Have a fantastic day!
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Re: Here We Are MONDAY@ the MSC

Post by lime rickie »

Morning, pholks. Working & lurking as usual. And in for rain every day this week.
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

Good Morning BN'ers. Sadly not en route to KW this week for MOTM. Happy trails to those that are. Will be enjoying some webcam action this week. For those popping into Hogs Breath & Smokin' Tuna especially..............I'll be watching you... :lol:
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
nycfeat
Changing Channels
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by nycfeat »

Morning, BN. It's been cloudy the past few days and will be this week. Looking forward to seeing Bob Seger on Wednesday. It'll do me good.

Have a good one.
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

nycfeat wrote: October 28, 2019 9:36 am Morning, BN. It's been cloudy the past few days and will be this week. Looking forward to seeing Bob Seger on Wednesday. It'll do me good.

Have a good one.
Enjoy those Night Moves Feat!!!
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

Good morning. I'm not going to Key West either. I went to MOTM 5 years in a row, 2002-2006, and I can't say that I miss it. I'm not a fan of trop rock and there are only so many cover versions of Cheeseburger In Paradise that I can take. :lol:
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
Wino you know
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Far Side of the World & Somewhere Over China
Number of Concerts: 105
Favorite Boat Drink: Beaujalais Villages French Burgundy

Post by Wino you know »

Hello everyone. Stopping by for a “quickie” today. :o SUPPOSED to be leaving for Key West in the morning, and, obviously, a ga-zillion things to do first.
First & foremost, I’m going to try to get to the E.R. in town- this constant cough that’s been knocking me on my butt for the past four months doesn’t seem to be going away, even after two trips to the doc. And now I seem to be running a bit of a fever and dry mouth.
Never a dull moment around here.
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

Wino you know wrote: October 28, 2019 11:24 am Hello everyone. Stopping by for a “quickie” today. :o SUPPOSED to be leaving for Key West in the morning, and, obviously, a ga-zillion things to do first.
First & foremost, I’m going to try to get to the E.R. in town- this constant cough that’s been knocking me on my butt for the past four months doesn’t seem to be going away, even after two trips to the doc. And now I seem to be running a bit of a fever and dry mouth.
If you go to the ER make sure you tell them you are short of breath/can't breathe. My sister went to the ER for a long-time cough that wasn't getting better and having trouble breathing. This was after multiple visits to her network doctor and two network Urgent Care Centers. Long-story short is that they got her onto something that cleared it up but the ER claim was submitted with diagnosis "severe cough" and her insurance company denied it - and denied it again on appeal. I finally helped her with an appeal, pointing out that she had already been through multiple participating providers who couldn't figure out what was going on and that she wasn't responsible for the also in-network hospital ER recording the incorrect diagnosis. And we cc'd the state dept of insurance, the hospital patient advocate/ombudsman and her local senator. They finally paid it.

lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

Dr.Corona wrote: October 28, 2019 9:47 am
nycfeat wrote: October 28, 2019 9:36 am Morning, BN. It's been cloudy the past few days and will be this week. Looking forward to seeing Bob Seger on Wednesday. It'll do me good.

Have a good one.
Saw him about 10 years ago at Madison Square Garden, he put on a great show.

nycfeat
Changing Channels

Post by nycfeat »

Wino you know wrote: October 28, 2019 11:24 am Hello everyone. Stopping by for a “quickie” today. :o SUPPOSED to be leaving for Key West in the morning, and, obviously, a ga-zillion things to do first.
:o Yikes! Hope you get better soon!
nycfeat
Changing Channels

Post by nycfeat »

lime rickie wrote: October 28, 2019 11:33 am

Have a good one.
I saw him at Jones Beach in May. Had fun in the rain. Looking forward to a more convenient (and dry) venue.
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

lime rickie wrote: October 28, 2019 11:33 am

Have a good one.
I saw him in Charleston in May, my first Seger concert. It was a great show.
Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

Garry -- these are not quite the non-dull moments we like :o
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

I went to Old Chicago for lunch today. If you're a member of their OC Rewards Club, they swipe your World Beer Tour card every time you're there and they track the beers you've had. After 110 different beers (I don't know why it's 110 and not 100), you complete a World Beer Tour. I had my 110th beer today. I told the bartender it only took me 2 1/2 years. He said "we have a lot of retired alcoholics who come here every day." :o I get an Old Chicago hooded sweatshirt (I refuse to use that other "h" word) but they didn't have any in stock so I have to wait for them to order one. I aslo completed their Halloween Mini Tour and earned a Halloween themed t-shirt but they ran out of them so I have to wait for that too. :lol:
melon59
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: Back to the island.
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Margaritas

Post by melon59 »

Hi everyone. I went to work, but clocked out early...I am home now with my feet up trying to get rid of a migraine. This is the 2nd one in as many weeks, and worse than the last one. I haven't had any in a very long time...hoping this is not the start of something bad. (I used to have them fairly frequently) Have a great rest of the day and safe travels to those heading to MOTM.
You're Killing Me Smalls
springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Post by springparrot »

Another cloudy humid day. Ugh
Bought a few groceries and trying to finish packing for our yearly Las Vegas trip. Drag races, fast airplanes and Holloween...perfect combo!

Astros won last night so today is traveling day.
I hate not being home for the game tomorrow but hoping to find the game at the hotel.
Go Astros!!!!
💙🧡⚾️
big john
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Favorite Boat Drink: Oh just give me a beer

Post by big john »

I was heading to the hardware store when I saw this cloud of black smoke coming from near the train yard.
I drove over there and saw this beautiful 1950 Norfolk and Western class J 611. There were only 14 built between
1941 and 1950 and this is the last one left running. I found a video of it on YouTube.
Who's got the rum?
bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: whatever I get as a tip(no JELLO)

Post by bodypainter »

Hi there! Cool engine Big John! I watched the video and heard Jimmy singing Paradise on RM. "Mr. Peabody's coal train done hauled it away."
I worked on a little scenic railroad in the summer of.87, but the diesel was nothing like that!

Sorry about the migraines,((( Tammy))).
If I wasn't fishing in this all day rain,I'd be home doing something stupid.
springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Post by springparrot »

big john wrote: October 28, 2019 6:35 pm I was heading to the hardware store when I saw this cloud of black smoke coming from near the train yard.
I drove over there and saw this beautiful 1950 Norfolk and Western class J 611. There were only 14 built between
1941 and 1950 and this is the last one left running. I found a video of it on YouTube.
That might be the one that stopped in Spring a few years ago. Huge and amazing.
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

SO very tired, and off to bed soon. Had to leave early to scrape snow off the car, and the roads sucked. Took me 65 minutes to get to work.

Enjoy the concert, Sang.

Hope they can get you feeling better, Garry.

Completely agree, Larry. Went to ONE MOTM, and I'll never go back. Too many stupid people. And if we go back, we can enjoy the food and music without the crowds.

I've missed some replies to posts - but a very stupid person hit my car in a parking lot, cause they didn't clean off their car, and I'm so tired from work and PT.