Nat'l Vinyl Record Day Wednesday @ the MSC

Chat with other Parrotheads about dis and dat.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

Rabbitz
I Love the Now!
Posts: 1947
Joined: January 16, 2011 4:19 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Growing Older
Number of Concerts: 2
Favorite Boat Drink: Rhum and Pineapple
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Nat'l Vinyl Record Day Wednesday @ the MSC

Post by Rabbitz »

We bought a USB turntable a few months ago. We scoured the record section of the local second-hand and op shops. Dad has my collection, so I borrowed a few to rip.

Then the lockdown started.

Now we are WFH (Working From Home, there ya go BP!) each and every day with meetings, phone calls and every other online interaction playing records in the background is not that feasible.

I wonder if Covid started because we bought the record player?
Always be yourself
Unless you can be Batman
Then always be Batman

SMLCHNG
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 175367
Joined: December 6, 2001 7:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice/Lovely Cruise
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum Runner
Location: Castle Rock, CO

Re: Nat'l Vinyl Record Day Wednesday @ the MSC

Post by SMLCHNG »

Rabbitz wrote:
August 12, 2020 8:10 pm
I wonder if Covid started because we bought the record player?
:o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: So it's your fault?? ;)

springparrot
Last Man Standing
Posts: 169389
Joined: April 28, 2001 8:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita
Location: Don't Mess With TEXAS

Re: Nat'l Vinyl Record Day Wednesday @ the MSC

Post by springparrot »

I wonder if the baseball teams could do me a favor? When one team wears the gray uniforms, could the other team wear a different shirt?? Like if Astros are wearing white, can the Giants wear another solid color??
When one wears white and the other gray, I have trouble telling them apart. I know someone else have the same difficulty.

On a different note. Remember when instead of gray, the teams wore beige?

melon59
License to Chill
Posts: 1369
Joined: March 8, 2010 5:49 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Beautiful Swimmers (at the moment)
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: Margaritas
Location: Central Ohio

Re: Nat'l Vinyl Record Day Wednesday @ the MSC

Post by melon59 »

springparrot wrote:
August 12, 2020 7:42 pm
melon59 wrote:
August 12, 2020 7:37 pm
I have a lot of vinyl albums. Most of them are my vintage Bee Gees collection. I have a lot of items in my collection...lunch boxes, books, DVDs, CD's, sheet music. Not sure what will happen to it when I'm gone, but I have more money in it than I care to count.

We were slammed at the shop today and the rest of the week looks like the same. 3 funerals on Friday that will have to be done tomorrow and a wedding on Saturday...and the shop needs to be open all day Saturday for a Main St Sidewalk Sale 🙄 Just shoot me now.
😥
Just please be careful and safe. Don't let the crazy people get close to you.❤
I will be extremely careful, thanks for caring! We have only had the one crazy lady who refused to wear a mask... everyone else has been very understanding even if they don't want to wear one or think it's dumb. I really appreciate your caring 😊
You're Killing Me Smalls

bodypainter
Party at the End of the World
Posts: 8694
Joined: July 5, 2012 3:56 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: whatever I get as a tip(no JELLO)
Location: Enterprise,PA

Re: Nat'l Vinyl Record Day Wednesday @ the MSC

Post by bodypainter »

Rabbitz wrote:
August 12, 2020 8:10 pm
We bought a USB turntable a few months ago. We scoured the record section of the local second-hand and op shops. Dad has my collection, so I borrowed a few to rip.

Then the lockdown started.

Now we are WFH (Working From Home, there ya go BP!) each and every day with meetings, phone calls and every other online interaction playing records in the background is not that feasible.

I wonder if Covid started because we bought the record player?
Ha! We had a card with a nerdy character acting cool with terms like WTF....Why the face?
If I wasn't fishing in this all day rain,I'd be home doing something stupid.

Rabbitz
I Love the Now!
Posts: 1947
Joined: January 16, 2011 4:19 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Growing Older
Number of Concerts: 2
Favorite Boat Drink: Rhum and Pineapple
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Nat'l Vinyl Record Day Wednesday @ the MSC

Post by Rabbitz »

SMLCHNG wrote:
August 12, 2020 8:13 pm
Rabbitz wrote:
August 12, 2020 8:10 pm
I wonder if Covid started because we bought the record player?
:o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: So it's your fault?? ;)
Well, us, Bill Gates and China - apparently. :roll:
Always be yourself
Unless you can be Batman
Then always be Batman

Rabbitz
I Love the Now!
Posts: 1947
Joined: January 16, 2011 4:19 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Growing Older
Number of Concerts: 2
Favorite Boat Drink: Rhum and Pineapple
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Nat'l Vinyl Record Day Wednesday @ the MSC

Post by Rabbitz »

bodypainter wrote:
August 12, 2020 9:09 pm
Rabbitz wrote:
August 12, 2020 8:10 pm
We bought a USB turntable a few months ago. We scoured the record section of the local second-hand and op shops. Dad has my collection, so I borrowed a few to rip.

Then the lockdown started.

Now we are WFH (Working From Home, there ya go BP!) each and every day with meetings, phone calls and every other online interaction playing records in the background is not that feasible.

I wonder if Covid started because we bought the record player?
Ha! We had a card with a nerdy character acting cool with terms like WTF....Why the face?
What about DILLIGAF

(Do I Look Like I Got A Fish?)
Always be yourself
Unless you can be Batman
Then always be Batman

bodypainter
Party at the End of the World
Posts: 8694
Joined: July 5, 2012 3:56 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: whatever I get as a tip(no JELLO)
Location: Enterprise,PA

Re: Nat'l Vinyl Record Day Wednesday @ the MSC

Post by bodypainter »

Rabbitz wrote:
August 12, 2020 9:21 pm
bodypainter wrote:
August 12, 2020 9:09 pm
Rabbitz wrote:
August 12, 2020 8:10 pm
We bought a USB turntable a few months ago. We scoured the record section of the local second-hand and op shops. Dad has my collection, so I borrowed a few to rip.

Then the lockdown started.

Now we are WFH (Working From Home, there ya go BP!) each and every day with meetings, phone calls and every other online interaction playing records in the background is not that feasible.

I wonder if Covid started because we bought the record player?
Ha! We had a card with a nerdy character acting cool with terms like WTF....Why the face?
What about DILLIGAF

(Do I Look Like I Got A Fish?)
Ha!
If I wasn't fishing in this all day rain,I'd be home doing something stupid.

tailgaitingph
At the Bama Breeze
Posts: 4784
Joined: March 11, 2008 8:27 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Re: Nat'l Vinyl Record Day Wednesday @ the MSC

Post by tailgaitingph »

Evening BN.

Came down to my dad's house which is a lil west of Raleigh NC to surprise him for his birthday. I had coordinated with my step mom & loved the look on his face when I walked into the garage!

Sitting on their deck & it's a nice 76° with a breeze blowing. Looking at the stars with some heat lightning in the background makes for a nice evening

Enjoy what's left of your LP hump day pholks!

moog
Last Man Standing
Posts: 51289
Joined: April 24, 2001 8:00 pm
Number of Concerts: 0

Re: Nat'l Vinyl Record Day Wednesday @ the MSC

Post by moog »

Tail you may see some left over Perseid meteors. Too cloudy here.

tailgaitingph
At the Bama Breeze
Posts: 4784
Joined: March 11, 2008 8:27 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Re: Nat'l Vinyl Record Day Wednesday @ the MSC

Post by tailgaitingph »

moog wrote:
August 13, 2020 12:05 am
Tail you may see some left over Perseid meteors. Too cloudy here.
I've been looking but haven't seen any at this point

Post Reply