Sublime Sunday @ the MSC

Chat with other Parrotheads about dis and dat.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Sublime Sunday @ the MSC

Post by lime rickie »

Good morning, BN. :wench:

Been watching 'Woodstock - The Director's Cut' and it's pretty amazing. Highly recommend. Sun will be up in a little while and I'll walk the pup. That's my favorite time, hardly anybody else is out yet and it's just nice to hear the water and the buoys and stuff. Mr. Lime is going to make Bloody Marys and brunch and then it's Giants v. Bears, they're an early game today. Giants games don't always air in this market and I'm too cheap to buy that package where you can see all the games so I gotta take advantage when I can. :lol:

What's everyone got planned?
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: whatever I get as a tip(no JELLO)

Re: Sublime Sunday @ the MSC

Post by bodypainter »

Good morning, Nancy. I envy your harbor walk. I love the sound of rigging tapping masts on sailboats at moorings.
If I wasn't fishing in this all day rain,I'd be home doing something stupid.
tailgaitingph
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

Morning Lime, Bill & BN.

At 50° it's too cold (for me) to have my coffee outside at the tiki so enjoying it with the pups on the couch. Trying to get back on a normal schedule after my extended vaca. Actually unpacked & did all the laundry yesterday so today will be picking up around the house. Need to go to Verizon & will probably end up having to get a new phone as mine is not charging right :evil:. Started a few days before vacation but really became a pain not being able to use it 'as normal' to reach out to family & friends who knew I was stuck in FL during Sally.

Anyway, enjoy your Bloodys Lime & have 1 for me :wink:
Have fun painting Bill!

Happy Sun y'all!
moog
Last Man Standing

Post by moog »

Plan to sit on the deck read three newspapers while drinking coffee then watch the Giants.
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

Good morning. No dog walks or walks by the water here. It's 60 and sunny (through the smoke). Having coffee and will be visiting Mom at the window at 11:00. Then a little lunch afterwards. Finish laundry and nachos for dinner. :)
big john
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Oh just give me a beer

Post by big john »

Good morning. A little busy yesterday. Went up in the crawl space in the attic to change the furnace filter.
Yes the furnace is in the attic. Took the a/c units out of the windows and put them away. No central air. A couple
window units cool off our small house just fine. It was 37 F this morning so I kicked on the heat for the first time
this season. In the meantime the car was at the tire store for a repair. There was a roofing nail in one of the tires. :(
Who's got the rum?
big john
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Favorite Boat Drink: Oh just give me a beer

Post by big john »

SMLCHNG wrote: September 20, 2020 9:32 am Good morning. No dog walks or walks by the water here. It's 60 and sunny (through the smoke). Having coffee and will be visiting Mom at the window at 11:00. Then a little lunch afterwards. Finish laundry and nachos for dinner. :)
The brothers and I will be visiting our mom at 11 today also. Wednesday I took her out shopping for a new vacuum cleaner.
No where near as exciting as it sounds. :pirate:
Who's got the rum?
SMLCHNG

Post by SMLCHNG »

big john wrote: September 20, 2020 9:55 am
SMLCHNG wrote: September 20, 2020 9:32 am Having coffee and will be visiting Mom at the window at 11:00. Then a little lunch afterwards.
The brothers and I will be visiting our mom at 11 today also. Wednesday I took her out shopping for a new vacuum cleaner.
No where near as exciting as it sounds. :pirate:
:D Well, I'd love it if we could still get mom out and about again. But I'm sure she enjoyed it. Hope today goes well. :)
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

Good morning. It was 59 degrees when I woke up this morning. :o It's an almost tropical 62 now and I'm relaxing while I empty the coffee pot.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
MICHIPHIN
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Boat Drinks
Number of Concerts: 48
Favorite Boat Drink: Cold Beer

Post by MICHIPHIN »

67 degrees outside.....thinking of throwing a log on the fire...

Mornin BN'ers
Trying to Reason, With Hurricane Season......
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

lime rickie wrote: September 20, 2020 5:05 am Good morning, BN. :wench:

Been watching 'Woodstock - The Director's Cut' and it's pretty amazing. Highly recommend.
That was on one of the cable channels a couple of weeks ago, I forget which one, and I watched it. One band I wish I had seen live was Sly & The Family Stone, they were great.
melon59
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: Back to the island.
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Margaritas

Post by melon59 »

Slept in a little this morning, had coffee under a blanket on the couch. It was 40 when I first let the dogs out and it's up to 50 now. Brrr. Bryan is making a run to the grocery, and after he gets back I'm going to make Banana Peanut butter bread with the overripe bananas on the counter, and then it's homemade stromboli for dinner tonight. He's going to make a batch of chili cheese burrito filling for a quick dinner later in the week.
I got the laundry done yesterday, so no chores today. Have a great Sunday everyone!
You're Killing Me Smalls
SMLCHNG

Post by SMLCHNG »

:D 80 degrees here, and AC is running.

E made some more strawberry ice cream last night, so we're bringing a little to Mom again. It'll make her happy.
SeattleParrotHead
Favorite Buffett Song: Island, 12v Man
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: Mai Tais @ Dukes

Post by SeattleParrotHead »

big john wrote: Went up in the crawl space in the attic to change the furnace filter. Yes the furnace is in the attic.
We have a furnace in our attic too.... doesn't everyone?
We remodeled our house 20 years ago by tearing off the roof and adding a second floor. Our options were to replace the existing furnace with a bigger one that could heat the total house (and find a way to get ducting from the basement up to the second floor) or just put a small furnace in the attic to heat the new area. Since option 2 was half the price, we now have a furnace in the attic. Poor planning on my part though, we could have included A/C for $2K more but didn't.... climate change wasn't quite as evident back then.
ImageImage

I know the voices in my head aren’t real, but sometimes they have really good ideas…..
SPH
MICHIPHIN
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Boat Drinks
Number of Concerts: 48
Favorite Boat Drink: Cold Beer

Post by MICHIPHIN »

moog wrote: September 20, 2020 9:17 am Plan to sit on the deck read three newspapers while drinking coffee then watch the Giants.
Hope for a lot of pictures
Trying to Reason, With Hurricane Season......
SMLCHNG

Post by SMLCHNG »

:D We have a new 'tradition' on Sunday's when we visit Mom - no/lite breakfast, and then stop for lunch out, lite dinner. Today we're stopping at Freddy's. YUM!! :D (No onions for me, tho)

https://freddysusa.com/category/savory-sandwiches/
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

This time last year I was in Dublin, it was the day before the Buffett concert. We were at the Guinness Open Gate brewery, the price of admission (I think it was €9) included a flight of 4 beers. One of the 4 I chose was Guinness, when in Dublin do as the Dubliners do. After we left the brewery we went to a place called The Hairy Lemon. I had the house beer, which was called Hairy Lemon. It was neither hairy nor lemony. :lol:
SeattleParrotHead
Favorite Buffett Song: Island, 12v Man
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: Mai Tais @ Dukes

Post by SeattleParrotHead »

It's nice that you're able to visit your mom, MsMod. Mrs SPH's mom lives in a senior living community in Los Altos and the last time we were able to visit her was in January when we went down for her 92nd b'day. A few years ago we got her an Echo Show, so we're able to visit with her every day, but it ain't the same. She's gone out in public a few times for doctor/dentist appointments, but then has to spend 3 days in her apartment in quarantine. They've done a very good job protecting everyone; a couple of the staff have contracted the virus but none of the residents have come down with it.
ImageImage

I know the voices in my head aren’t real, but sometimes they have really good ideas…..
SPH
springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Post by springparrot »

Afternoon BNers

It's all about Beta in this area. Mike Siedel is in Port Lavaca TX. Larry's parents had a house there for years. TWC still doesn't know where Beta is going to make landfall. Looks like it might not make hurricane status but lots of rain. Guess we will wait and see.
tailgaitingph
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

springparrot wrote: September 20, 2020 2:05 pm Afternoon BNers

It's all about Beta in this area. Mike Siedel is in Port Lavaca TX. Larry's parents had a house there for years. TWC still doesn't know where Beta is going to make landfall. Looks like it might not make hurricane status but lots of rain. Guess we will wait and see.
(((Molly & family)))

How far are y'all from the coast?