Cartoon TUESDAY@ the MSC

Chat with other Parrotheads about dis and dat.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

melon59
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: Back to the island.
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Margaritas

Re: Cartoon TUESDAY@ the MSC

Post by melon59 »

Got my nails done for the wedding, came home and swept and mopped the floors.
Yesterday Bryan cooked a pork roast in the crock pot and shredded it, so we're having BBQ pork sandwiches for dinner and I am at a loss for a side dish. I'm also going to prep and par boil green peppers for stuffed peppers when the kids are here.
You're Killing Me Smalls
springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Post by springparrot »

melon59 wrote: January 19, 2021 3:30 pm Got my nails done for the wedding, came home and swept and mopped the floors.
Yesterday Bryan cooked a pork roast in the crock pot and shredded it, so we're having BBQ pork sandwiches for dinner and I am at a loss for a side dish. I'm also going to prep and par boil green peppers for stuffed peppers when the kids are here.
Side dish...
Mac and cheese
Cole slaw
Potato salad
Baked beans
Green salad
melon59
Behind Door #3

Post by melon59 »

springparrot wrote: January 19, 2021 4:20 pm
melon59 wrote: January 19, 2021 3:30 pm Got my nails done for the wedding, came home and swept and mopped the floors.
Side dish...
Mac and cheese
Cole slaw
Potato salad
Baked beans
Green salad
You are so good! I thought about all of those and decided on potato salad! Bryan is not a fan of cole slaw, although I love it on my coneys. In my family they are called Slaw Dogs. Just a hot dog on a bun with homemade coney sauce topped with slaw. The slaw must be a mayo based dressing slaw.
You're Killing Me Smalls
Rabbitz
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Growing Older
Number of Concerts: 2
Favorite Boat Drink: Rhum and Pineapple

Post by Rabbitz »

A heads up for whoever opens up tomorrow - It will be Penguin Awareness Day!
Know your Penguins.jpg
Know your Penguins.jpg (181.06 KiB) Viewed 1169 times
Always be yourself
Unless you can be Batman
Then always be Batman
moog
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by moog »

Burgess Meridith?
big john
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Favorite Boat Drink: Oh just give me a beer

Post by big john »

Good evening all. Grew up loving cartoons. Especially the characters that flourished during the 1940's, 1950's, and 1960's.
I still watch cartoons. :pirate:
Who's got the rum?
melon59
Behind Door #3

Post by melon59 »

big john wrote: January 19, 2021 5:26 pm Good evening all. Grew up loving cartoons. Especially the characters that flourished during the 1940's, 1950's, and 1960's.
I still watch cartoons. :pirate:
A few years ago the girls got Bryan 2 Dvd's of classic Looney Toons. His absolute favorite is Foghorn Leghorn. Now when the grandkids are here those classic cartoons are played and enjoyed by yet another generation. The best music to my ears is the genuine belly laughs from my babies.
You're Killing Me Smalls
melon59
Behind Door #3

Post by melon59 »

Rabbitz wrote: January 19, 2021 5:02 pm A heads up for whoever opens up tomorrow - It will be Penguin Awareness Day!

Know your Penguins.jpg
My middle granddaughter Clara absolutely loves penguins! She has more stuffed penguins than you can imagine. Every Christmas when she tells me what she wants her list looks like this...a penguin lamp, a penguin coloring book, penguin jammies, a penguin blanket....on and on.
You're Killing Me Smalls
tailgaitingph
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

Evening BN.

Had mandatory 'after action' meeting this afternoon with all those involved in the officer involved shooting. It was a lot better than I had expected. I'm not a 'sit down & talk about your feelings' kinda person which is what I was expecting but was totally wrong. We all just talked about our part in the incident & shared any thoughts we had (good, bad or otherwise). Glad I went.
Now it's time for beer, wings & pizza 8)
moog
Last Man Standing

Post by moog »

Debriefing meetings are good
bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: whatever I get as a tip(no JELLO)

Post by bodypainter »

tailgaitingph wrote: January 19, 2021 6:00 pm Evening BN.

Had mandatory 'after action' meeting this afternoon with all those involved in the officer involved shooting. It was a lot better than I had expected. I'm not a 'sit down & talk about your feelings' kinda person which is what I was expecting but was totally wrong. We all just talked about our part in the incident & shared any thoughts we had (good, bad or otherwise). Glad I went.
Was the shooting in office close to you?
If I wasn't fishing in this all day rain,I'd be home doing something stupid.
springparrot
Last Man Standing

Post by springparrot »

melon59 wrote: January 19, 2021 4:35 pm
Side dish...
Mac and cheese
Cole slaw
Potato salad
Baked beans
Green salad
You are so good! I thought about all of those and decided on potato salad! Bryan is not a fan of cole slaw, although I love it on my coneys. In my family they are called Slaw Dogs. Just a hot dog on a bun with homemade coney sauce topped with slaw. The slaw must be a mayo based dressing slaw.
Glad to help! I love potato salad but don't eat it unless I make it. Everyone puts onions init and I just can't. :(

Never had a slaw dog. In this area, alot of people just wrap their hot dogs up in a flour tortilla, along with chili, cheese, whatever. Mmmm
melon59
Behind Door #3

Post by melon59 »

springparrot wrote: January 19, 2021 6:27 pm
Side dish...
Mac and cheese
Cole slaw
Potato salad
Baked beans
Green salad
Glad to help! I love potato salad but don't eat it unless I make it. Everyone puts onions init and I just can't. :(

Never had a slaw dog. In this area, alot of people just wrap their hot dogs up in a flour tortilla, along with chili, cheese, whatever. Mmmm
If I do onion in my potato salad it's very finely chopped green onion or none at all!
You're Killing Me Smalls
springparrot
Last Man Standing

Post by springparrot »

melon59 wrote: January 19, 2021 6:39 pm
springparrot wrote: January 19, 2021 6:27 pm
Side dish...
Mac and cheese
Cole slaw
Potato salad
Baked beans
Green salad

If I do onion in my potato salad it's very finely chopped green onion or none at all!
I can't do raw onions no matter how they are chopped. :(
tailgaitingph

Post by tailgaitingph »

bodypainter wrote: January 19, 2021 6:23 pm
tailgaitingph wrote: January 19, 2021 6:00 pm Evening BN.

Was the shooting in office close to you?
Where the shooting took place was not close to our office. My radio partner & I had to (or were strongly suggested to) go because of our part in it.
tailgaitingph

Post by tailgaitingph »

springparrot wrote: January 19, 2021 6:27 pm Never had a slaw dog. In this area, alot of people just wrap their hot dogs up in a flour tortilla, along with chili, cheese, whatever. Mmmm
I'm always down for a good hot dog & that sounds super good!
tailgaitingph

Post by tailgaitingph »

How's the big guy (the pup, not Bryan, lol) feeling?
springparrot
Last Man Standing

Post by springparrot »

tailgaitingph wrote: January 19, 2021 7:10 pm
springparrot wrote: January 19, 2021 6:27 pm Never had a slaw dog. In this area, alot of people just wrap their hot dogs up in a flour tortilla, along with chili, cheese, whatever. Mmmm
I'm always down for a good hot dog & that sounds super good!
I was a traditional bun girl until I was introduced to tortillas at a tailgate. Mmmmm
😁
Rabbitz
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Growing Older
Number of Concerts: 2
Favorite Boat Drink: Rhum and Pineapple

Post by Rabbitz »

moog wrote: January 19, 2021 6:14 pm Debriefing meetings are good
I agree, especially if done right.

In my old fire brigade, in the days before all of the modern counselling stuff, after a "bad day" we always made sure each and everyone involved had a beer and a talk without any of the other crew about. Saying stuff that needs to be said is important, as is knowing that those listening get it.
Always be yourself
Unless you can be Batman
Then always be Batman
moog
Last Man Standing

Post by moog »

Yep and crude humor helps. :lol: