Photo Op!!

Chat with other Parrotheads about dis and dat.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

DAB
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: The Wino and I know
Number of Concerts: 4

Re: Photo Op!!

Post by DAB »

We had a Military weekend at the museum I am involved in. We ran out train, that's me driving the diesel...

Crazy Navy Flyer
On a Salty Piece of Land
Number of Concerts: 100
Favorite Boat Drink: rum

Post by Crazy Navy Flyer »

Great pics Dab, thanks!
Back to livin' Floridays
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

Two weeks ago, the Myrtle Beach Pelicans did a Clemson University Night and the team wore Clemson themed jerseys. As usual when they wear special jerseys, they were auctioned off for charity. I got outfielder Jeffrey Baez's jersey. He isn't having a very good year but he does lead the team in stolen bases with 33 and I think that puts him either 3rd or 4th in the league.

Last night was University of South Carolina Night with USC themed jerseys. I got relief pitcher Ryan McNeil's jersey in the auction. He became the Pelicans' closer in early June after the first 3 relief pitchers they had used as closers all were promoted to the Double A team in Tennessee. He leads the league in saves with 17, I think the next best closer in the league only has 11 or 12 saves. Last night's game went into extra innings and McNeil was the winning pitcher.

They gave out souvenir South Carolina visors to the first 1000 people through the gates. Like a lot of minor league teams, they do stuff down on the field for the fans between innings - bed races, build a Big Mac contest, all kinds of crazy things. They have an on field hostess who is a student at Coastal Carolina University. I had gone to get a beer between innings and on my way back to my seat I saw her walking down the aisle so I asked her to sign my visor. :lol:
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

The jerseys are nice but I love the visor! [smilie=coolup.gif]
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

It was Pink In The Park Night at the Myrtle Beach Pelicans game, with a jersey auction to raise money for the Mary Kay Foundation. I had the winning bid for center fielder Donnie Dewees's jersey, he's the #12 prospect in the Chicago Cubs organization. I didn't have to ask him to sign it either, when I got down on the field after the game he had already signed it. It looks less red and more pink in person.

nycfeat
Changing Channels

Post by nycfeat »

Ok. So I'm easily amused but I thought this was a funny photo. This was from the new year's eve show in Brooklyn.

Mr. Balloon Playing Steel Drums - Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefers on Flickr
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

The Myrtle Beach Pelicans did a Myrtle Beach High School Night at last night's game. They wore jerseys modeled after the high school's uniforms, auctioned them off after the game and all the money raised is for the school's athletic program. That's the school district I live in so I bid on one of the jerseys. I won starting pitcher Trevor Clifton's jersey. He pitched 6 innings last night - no runs, 3 hits, no walks, 7 strikeouts. The game went 11 innings and the Pelicans won 1-0. Clifton was one of 4 Pelicans chosen to play in the All Star game back in June, he's the only Pelican on the end of season All Star team (even though the season doesn't end until Monday) and he was named the Carolina League pitcher of the year. He started the season ranked as the 18th best prospect in the Chicago Cubs organization. He's #8 now.

There's nothing special about this baseball, except it's the first foul ball I've ever gotten and I went to my first baseball game when I was 7 years old. That was in 1959 for anyone keeping score at home. I have a ticket for tomorrow's game, it's the last home game of the season, so I'm going to bring the ball to the game with me and see if I can get either the guy who hit it (Lynchburg Hillcats 3rd baseman Mark Mathias) or last night's Pelicans starting pitcher Trevor Clifton to sign it.

Martyritaville
At the Bama Breeze

Post by Martyritaville »

LIPH wrote:There's nothing special about this baseball, except it's the first foul ball I've ever gotten and I went to my first baseball game when I was 7 years old. That was in 1959 for anyone keeping score at home. I have a ticket for tomorrow's game, it's the last home game of the season, so I'm going to bring the ball to the game with me and see if I can get either the guy who hit it (Lynchburg Hillcats 3rd baseman Mark Mathias) or last night's Pelicans starting pitcher Trevor Clifton to sign it.

Good luck, Larry!

And even if you don't get the autographs, you'll still have a ball! :roll: :pirate: :lol:
A most mysterious calling harbour
So far, but yet, so near
Where I see the day
When my hair's full gray
and I finally...disappear. BUT NOT YET!!

LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

The Lynchburg player who hit the foul ball I got at Tuesday's game was promoted to the Double A team so he wasn't at last night's game. I got Trevor Clifton, the Pelicans pitcher who started the game, to sign the ball instead. It's a good thing a lot of these players put their uniform number after their signature, makes it a lot easier to remember who signed stuff. :lol:

Martyritaville
At the Bama Breeze

Post by Martyritaville »

[smilie=gt-happyup.gif]
A most mysterious calling harbour
So far, but yet, so near
Where I see the day
When my hair's full gray
and I finally...disappear. BUT NOT YET!!

LaTda!
Gypsies in the palace
Favorite Buffett Song: APL@40
Number of Concerts: 13
Favorite Boat Drink: Pinot Noir or Vitamin "T"

Post by LaTda! »

LIPH wrote:The Lynchburg player who hit the foul ball I got at Tuesday's game was promoted to the Double A team so he wasn't at last night's game. I got Trevor Clifton, the Pelicans pitcher who started the game, to sign the ball instead. It's a good thing a lot of these players put their uniform number after their signature, makes it a lot easier to remember who signed stuff. :lol:

[smilie=hello.gif]
I went to several Hillcats games at City Stadium over the Summer :D

Sha La lalalalalalala la laT da
~Mike

Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle,
and the life of the candle will not be shortened.
Happiness never decreases by being shared.
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

I didn't take a lot of pictures on my Red Rocks/Las Vegas trip, but here are a few.

The view from the top.

That's where our tailgate was.

There's one of those on either side of the venue.

Moon over Morrison, CO
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

They have a model of the amphitheatre in the visitors' center.
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

This was in Las Vegas. When I walked by, he was playing the guitar solo from the end of Hotel California. He segued into Just The Two Of Us and since he had the good taste to play a Ralph McDonald song, I thought I'd stop and listen. He was pretty good.
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

Gorgeous venue.
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

johnson2113
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Trying To Reason With Hurricane Season
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Dark & Stormy, Bourbon & Branch, Bloody Mary

Post by johnson2113 »

Great pictures!!!! I wish I had gone to Red Rocks! I've only watched a concert of TV, there.
Midnight Flyer
License to Chill
Favorite Boat Drink: Mojitos in the desert
Location: cruising on my landing gear just "taxiing round SJD" NOT heading back to KSNA!

Post by Midnight Flyer »

The best first officer I never had on the flight deck!

She was not quite what you would call refined. She was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot."-MARK TWAIN
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

I hadn't been to Myrtle Beach State Park since Hurricane Matthew back in October. There's a place just north of the park called the Springmaid Resort and they have (or had) a fishing pier in the ocean. I went for a walk on the beach today and this is what's left of the Springmaid Pier.

A wider shot ...
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

I said I wasn't going to spend the money for Pete Rose's autograph, but I went back anyway. One of us was in the presence of greatness, the other one was me. :lol:

This is what they gave me to put the baseball in.
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

So the cute girl at the Beerhaus must have got you a bit tipsey!! :o :wink: At least you can actually READ his autograph. That's a big plus!! Any earth shattering conversation with him you'd like to share?
LIPH wrote:I said I wasn't going to spend the money for Pete Rose's autograph, but I went back anyway. One of us was in the presence of greatness, the other one was me. :lol:

This is what they gave me to put the baseball in.
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image